Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by jparnell View Post
    sconix, please can you confirm whether you are aware of the issue with email preferences? both mine and my wife's phones dont display email preferences correctly.
    James
    Are you using some other locale than en_us?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Are you using some other locale than en_us?

Sorry sconix, im running en_uk. just realised you dont support this at the moment. Thank you for all your hard work.
    If the problem account is other than gtalk then this is known problem. In the next release there are fixes for the messaging notification configs so hopefully it fixes your problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmlx View Post

It IS the gtalk account, I have heard one sound of the IM notification, just one time, then the notifications are silent

I'm looking forward the next release
    Quote Originally Posted by cjstealth View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Mainly my gtalk account is the Facebook Chat Spoof account. I thought it was that patch (even though I ran EPR before intalling the ACSP patch) so it's good to hear I am not the only one having an issue. Thanks sconix for all your hard work!
    Since cjstealth has the problem with facebook chat spoof, and I have the problem with msn jabber service(using gtalk to chat with gtalk friends as well as msn ones), I guess the reason may be from the 3rd chat service in GTalk. Any similar problem is reported?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I've had ACSP installed for about a week, and the past few days, I've been getting missed calls notifications. I even used my girlfriends phone to call me 3 times, 2 out of the 3, my phone shows an incoming call, but makes no noise.

I am wondering if this is somehow related to the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I've had ACSP installed for about a week, and the past few days, I've been getting missed calls notifications. I even used my girlfriends phone to call me 3 times, 2 out of the 3, my phone shows an incoming call, but makes no noise.

Do you have the call volume up? and mute button off? Does other texts and alerts make sounds?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post

Your phone is probably stuck in headset mode.
    I had the Call Duration in Call Log patch installed and removed it to successfully install ACSP. Now, I still see call duration in the call log. So, I wonder if the Call Duration in Call Log patch somehow carried over? I noticed it is listed for future releases on the Wiki page, but want to share this with the community.
    My application Mode Switcher can set settings based on silent switch state. Although MS does not yet support the settings provided by this patch, but it will at some point.
    Right. That will be a better implementation. More more configurable by app and time etc. I will be patient then.
  9. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Most likely not the next since I am away for the weekend and I want to release the bug fixes as soon as possible which means right away when I am back. So most likely no time to add this, but should be in the next release after that.
    Please enjoy your weekend!! Thanks for all your work.
    thank you for the quick response and hard work...enjoy ur weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by dstachnik View Post
    One thing that i have notice is that when i get a text it vibrates twice. I don't like it. Can there be an option for the default vibration. So its just a quick vibrate.
    I too don't like it when it vibrates. I have it set to system sounds only but there isn't an option to totally turn off vibrate. Is that possible to add this with the other 3 options listed? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by becrazy2 View Post
    I too don't like it when it vibrates. I have it set to system sounds only but there isn't an option to totally turn off vibrate. Is that possible to add this with the other 3 options listed? Thanks.
    The option to disable the vibrate is coming in next/future release as shown on the wiki in the status section.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Sconix - I saw on the wiki page that you're adding the call response setting for blocked calls (awesome!).
    I wonder if it wouldn't be too complicated to add the option to set the response for calls from numbers that aren't in contacts as well...
    Last edited by Garnisco; 10/09/2010 at 03:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sethron View Post
    I had the Call Duration in Call Log patch installed and removed it to successfully install ACSP. Now, I still see call duration in the call log. So, I wonder if the Call Duration in Call Log patch somehow carried over? I noticed it is listed for future releases on the Wiki page, but want to share this with the community.
    My call log also contains call durations even though I've removed that patch. I'm glad that feature is still activated because I thought I was going to lose it! I'm looking forward to call durations being properly incorporated into a future release of this patch!
    I've scanned the thread and don't see any mention of the problem I'm having. Is any one else having problems getting the Roam Only option to work in the Phone Settings? I've been using the Roam Only Toggle app to toggle over to Roam Only for months and it's worked great. After loading this patch, I can't get it to stay in roam. I've tried using the Roam Only Toggle app, I've tried using the Phone Preferences and changing it to Roam Only. It'll switch to roam, I'll check it a few minutes later and it's back on Sprint. The town we live in has really low signal when we're on the far West side. The football field happens to be on that side of town. Usually when I go to the Friday night games I just switch my phone over to roam. This was the first Friday since loading the ASCP and it's the first Friday I've ever had trouble staying on roam. Any suggestions?
    O.K., today I tried to help a friend install this patch. I thought I'd learned how to do it with mine and it would be a snap, but I ran into something new that I couldn't figure out:

After first checking his installed packages, it didn't look like he would have anything that would conflict. He does have the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher installed, but that shouldn't be a problem (right?).

So we tried to install. When I saw the error message below, I couldn't figure out what patch etc. was causing the problem. I don't recognize anything there. Please check and see if you can tell where the problem is:

Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED—saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 5 hunks FAILED—saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/TelephonyEventListener.jsjsjs.$rej$

So, what would be my next step etc.?
    Thanks!
    You have a contact and phone patch installed that is conflicting.
    Your next step is to read the wiki, which directs you to save your Package List in Preware, then run EPR.
    Just noticed some new documentation since the patch came out.

I read over the wiki docs and it was well put together and easy to follow.

However, I have one question which was not mentioned in the documentation.

If I am using the Messaging Plugins, are the steps still the same, or as someone posted a few pages back, will I still have to do a doctor on the phone?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I am having an issuse with this patch! I didn't see it in a previous page but then again there are 25 pages and I just skimmed them.

Problem... my 'ringtones' for different messaging accounts are not playing sounds just the vibrate. the txt 'ringtone' still works like it should but the other ones don't. I do have facebook chat spoof installed so that my gmail and FB spoof accounts seem to work together when I change the 'ringtone' for one the other changes! is this a known issue or am I the only one having this one?

Thanks in advance!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)