Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    2) The repeat notification has a bug that is fixed in next release. In some situations the repeat is left on. Disabling repeat and restarting phone or luna should get rid of the ghost alert for now.
    I've also sent an SMS to myself to get it to have a "real" notification again, which seems to knock it out of the loop at times. I have a messaging plan, so it's not a big deal for me... but might be for others.

Glad to hear it's already been squashed. Thanks sconix!

The double vibrate is fixed in next release.
    Thank you so much!
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    That first problem is the sa,e thing that's happening to me. I posted the problem earliar in the thread, but I didn't know it was reverting back to vibrate only. Only my chat programs are affected though. The ringtone for SMS is working as advertised.
    Charles
    If its the IM accounts not the SMS account then its a whole different story. What accounts you have? It could help me to find this bug.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    If its the IM accounts not the SMS account then its a whole different story. What accounts you have? It could help me to find this bug.
    I use AIM, yahoo and the facebook chat patch(google)
    Charles
  4.    #424  
    Charles
    Thanks, this helps since I have been notified that the other than gtalk accounts have problems, I just assumed that all accounts would behave the same way. So for next release I will test the AIM and yahoo too. So this problem should get fixed. For the facebook spoof patch I am not sure if that will still work since its a spoof so might be hard for me to get it to work nicely. So it might need a separate patch or something, but will see.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Here's an observation that might be worth noting. One of the patches I removed before installing this one was the 'SMS tone per contact v2' (actually had to remove four others before I could install ACSP). Of course I thought that I have to reassign SMS tones to my contacts again after installing ACSP, but lo and behold tones were already preassigned as they were with the old patch. Interesting? Maybe not...
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  6.    #426  
    Charles
    One extra question, how did you get yahoo?
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    And I'm not sure what you mean by already starting to be done. I don't see any changes to the wiki to include a list of conflicting patches.
    I think it's a little early to change the wiki. What I meant was that a user just posted a list of patches that s/he knew to be incompatible. If other users do the same (I personally didn't have any problems after uninstalling the patches that I reasonably knew would conflict, plus a few that I suspected might conflict), then probably pretty soon there will be a comprehensive enough list that the wiki can be edited to reflect two installation options: the "EPR, then install ACSP, then reinstall one by one" option and the "uninstall any of the following patches, then install ACSP" option. I'll be happy to do it; I've edited wikis before.
  8.    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Here's an observation that might be worth noting. One of the patches I removed before installing this one was the 'SMS tone per contact v2' (actually had to remove four others before I could install ACSP). Of course I thought that I have to reassign SMS tones to my contacts again after installing ACSP, but lo and behold tones were already preassigned as they were with the old patch. Interesting? Maybe not...
    Yes I intentionally used the same configuration keys than that patch so that there is no need to reconfigure
    Yahoo messenger gets installed if you setup a yahoo email acct. At least that's how I got it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Sconix you just add the yahoo account and you get yahoo messenger it has been there for while. I use it regularly.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/06/2010 at 06:24 PM.
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Yahoo messenger gets installed if you setup a yahoo email acct. At least that's how I got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    \

Sconix you just add the yahoo account and you get yahoo messenger it has been there for while. I use it regularly.
    Thanks did not know. Will test this and AIM account for next release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    I think it's a little early to change the wiki. What I meant was that a user just posted a list of patches that s/he knew to be incompatible. If other users do the same (I personally didn't have any problems after uninstalling the patches that I reasonably knew would conflict, plus a few that I suspected might conflict), then probably pretty soon there will be a comprehensive enough list that the wiki can be edited to reflect two installation options: the "EPR, then install ACSP, then reinstall one by one" option and the "uninstall any of the following patches, then install ACSP" option. I'll be happy to do it; I've edited wikis before.
    I think there is a slight misunderstanding here, so I will try to explain:

There are well over 300 patches available in Preware, dozens more available in this forum that have not been submitted to Preware, and more are created/submitted every week. The reason our recommended method is recommended is because a possible list of conflicting patches will have to be maintained, not just made one time and left alone. It is not just a simple undertaking.

As far as the wiki being edited to include a possible list, that will definitely be allowed. But it will not be made a "recommended installation method". It will be a "Do This At Your Own Risk" method that is not recommended, because the patch author will not take responsibility for installation issues that arise from avoiding EPR.

Remember, at the end of the day, everything related to this patch is under sconix' name, and the buck stops with him, so we are very careful to only recommend doing things that he has the time to support.

I must also mention that very soon sconix will have his own forum, and these threads will all be moved there. It's possible that the best spot for such a list will be a new thread in that forum created by the person who has decided to take it upon themselves to maintain such a list, and take responsibility for troubleshooting any issues that arise from people who choose to use that list to direct their installation of Advanced patches.

Hopefully this clears up any misunderstanding about the recommended installation methods.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Oh, for crying out loud...fine. If I can get a list together, I'll just start a new thread and try to get it stickied, rather than have to ask for somebody's permission to make a recommendation.

Patching, by definition, is done at one's own risk. No big difference here.
    It literally takes 2 seconds to run EPR, then just install ACSP, then hit Install all and swipe away the ones that cause an error, instead of wasting days in here waiting on sconix to reply to your problem, which that isn't even his responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Who are you talking to?
    Thanks, this helps since I have been notified that the other than gtalk accounts have problems, I just assumed that all accounts would behave the same way. So for next release I will test the AIM and yahoo too. So this problem should get fixed. For the facebook spoof patch I am not sure if that will still work since its a spoof so might be hard for me to get it to work nicely. So it might need a separate patch or something, but will see.
    Thanks! At least I know I'm not going crazy now
    Charles
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Yes I intentionally used the same configuration keys than that patch so that there is no need to reconfigure
    Oh this is huge! This was one big reason I haven't installed this patch yet... I though I would have to re-assign all the different ring tones to my contacts...

boy, oh boy~!!! time to "thin-out" all those useless patches... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Oh, for crying out loud...fine. If I can get a list together, I'll just start a new thread and try to get it stickied, rather than have to ask for somebody's permission to make a recommendation.

Patching, by definition, is done at one's own risk. No big difference here.
    It is easy to say patching is done at one's own risk, yet there are still many posts in this thread requesting help from the developer, who is kind enough to try to help as many people as he can.

If you care to take a look at the threads related to sconix' work, you might start to understand where we are coming from. The MS thread is actually the 2nd thread for MS, with the first one reaching well over 100 pages. The ACAL thread is at 63 pages, and the Top Bar patch thread is over 50 pages.

When you remember that all of this stuff is free for the user, and understanding that sconix is a very helpful developer who tries to support his work as much as possible, you could see where this could start to become overwhelming for him.

By the tone of your replies, I am not certain that you really understand what our goal is here, which is to find a balance of support that not only helps the users, but also helps the developer from becoming overwhelmed. If you know anything about the situation that happened with unixpsycho, you should have a good idea of what I am talking about.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbroecker View Post
    Are you running Fixed 1GHZ? I'm running the Screenstate Governor.

My current patch set is pretty small, but I agree that this is probably an unanticipated interaction, otherwise everybody would be screaming

My patch list:
    ACAL
    Advanced Reset Options
    Battery Icon and Percent
    Bypass PIN
    Enable Landscape Email, Messageing, YouTube, PDF Viewer
    Launch Mode Switcher
    Muffle System Logging
    Smiley Faces in Symbol Box
    SMS Icon for Mobile Tagged Numbers (I'm suspicious about this one
    various System Menu patches by Sconix

As I told Sconix, I'm going to do some testing tonight and will report any findings.
    Well, I completed my testing tonight. Ran EPR, applied ACSP first and restarted Luna. Everything good. I then applied patches one (sometimes two or three, if they were clearly related) at a time and allowed Luna to restart. I monitored my battery consumption after each patch application, and it is now operating as expected.

I'm going to rate this one a non-issue and assume that Palmuse is right and this was the result of a 'stuck' patch.

Thanks for everybody's support!
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    1) I cannot get the settings for my SMS acct to stick. I keep going in and resetting it to play a ringtone when a message arrives, but no matter what I do, it keeps reverting back to vibration only.
    I have similar behavior with my SMS setting. It keeps reverting to the System Sound after each reset and sometimes randomly after I close the Messaging app. I set a ringtone each time and it only sticks for a little bit.

Other than this, I love this patch. And I think this and all of Sconix's contributions make my Pre a hundred times more usable.

Thanks!
    Sprint Palm Pre