Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #361  
    Was there someone who had problems with email accounts notification settings scene? Or was all that reported that using the none en_us locale. Just trying to make sure that all reported bugs are fixed in next release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Just downloaded an update via preware for this patch....?

...okay, clearly I must have been dreaming....
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/05/2010 at 08:58 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    lol when is next release ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    lol when is next release ??
    Not before weekend But it should fix the last bugs and add at least one more feature. See the wiki there is already release ?? on changelog...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    When you install patches from the saved list and remove the conflicting ones of course they are not there next time when you do the same process if that is what you mean. And if you mean that you are unable to update the patch, but can install it with the EPR process then its always possible that some patch that you install after my patch modifies the files so that the patch don't know how to uninstall anymore. For example' Delete email from notification' patch can be one of those that cause this since it adds empty lines on one of the files that this patch modifies which can cause that this patch wont uninstall easily after that patch is installed even though they don't "directly" conflict with each other.
    Ok. I (kind of) get it now. I did go through and try to eliminate what I 'thought' would be conflicting, either way, the 'EPR' method seems to be the best bet. Thanks for the response, and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! You & WebOS Internals are beyond awesome!
    For those of you who have used the Save/Restore command line function to backup ACAL settings, I have submitted a script for this patch to the Save/Restore thread. I do not know if it will be added to Save/Restore, but unzipping the script to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/ and using a simple modification to the ACAL command will backup the data for this patch for restoration later.

This is only for advanced users who understood what I said in this post, because sconix is not responsible for any problems you have with this information.
    Hey, so just so you guys know, this patch conflicts with the Messaging Plugins, but there is a way to get both installed.

Step 1: You have to Doctor your phone. Just back everything up with Save/Restore

Step 2: Install GNU Patch and ONLY messaging.sysfiles and messaging.patch ipk's. Do NOT install any patches for the other IM clients yet.

Step 3: Do a RepairUtility on your phone, let it fix all of the problems so the Advanced System Configuration Patch will install.

Step 4: Install the Advanced System Configuration Patch

Step 5: Only now, install the messaging IM client ipk's you want from the Messaging Patch. You do not and should not reinstall the sysfiles and messaging.patch ipk's.

Now you can have this patch with the IM clients installed at the same time.
    Is there a way to turn off vibrate for email notifications? I'm not finding this, just the time of vibrate. wish I could turn off and just have sound. thanks.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    sconix I love this update. I posted to your Twitter but I was directed here. So basically with the new SMS vibrate length, the shortest is at .5s, but I'm pretty sure that in webOS default that it's much less. I went into Internalz and changed it(I know that to remove it and stuff it has to be where it was when I installed it so no worries.

I change the value from 500 to around 200, still too long, and I experimented. The problem now is, it's like a double vibrate, almost a stutter. I just really want the webOS default as an option, along with these .5, 1, and 1.5 s options. .5 feels like the calender or phone ringing vibrates.

Love it though, keep up this amazing work sir.
    I posted this earlier, don't know if you saw it, or if it's related to the other problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I'm sorry to say that atleast in it's present form this collection of patches seems to complicate things more, rather than making them simpler. After all, the objective of this patch is not so much new functionality, but rather to simply 'collate' the functionality of already existing patches. Therefore, if one would have to deal with conflicting patches getting installed after installing this patch, things would become far more complicated and tiresome than they were to begin with.

Please don't take this is as criticism or ungratefulness, for I very much appreciate sconix's immense contribution in bringing out the true potential of the Pre and I have donated to show my appreciation. The objective of this post is to simply request sconix to consider figuring out a way to prevent conflicting patches from getting installed on top of this patch.

PS: I wish I had made a note of all the patches I deleted so that I could atleast get the Pre back to the state before this patch.
    That's why it's called Advanced Configuration.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Is it possible that this patch is making the power button not turn the screen off?...The thing is that when i press the power button, the screen doesnt turn off. But if i hold it down, i get the dialogue box to restart, shutdown and more..
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Is it possible that this patch is making the power button not turn the screen off?...The thing is that when i press the power button, the screen doesnt turn off. But if i hold it down, i get the dialogue box to restart, shutdown and more..
    Do you have a power button to end calls patch installed? That did it to me.

sconix is planning on adding power button functionality in an jpdate I think, to fix this conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Do you have a power button to end calls patch installed? That did it to me.

sconix is planning on adding power button functionality in an jpdate I think, to fix this conflict.
    Well, i have that within the "Advanced system perferences patch". Should i turn that option off?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Wow, just noticed that this patch was out. Great work Sconix!

I didn't have a chance to read every message in this thread, it's up to 19 pages now.

I was wondering if there was a list put together of the patches we definitely need to remove before installing this. And is it possible to post that list on the first page (first post).

Also, just read in a few previous messages that there needs to be a special method for installing if we are using the Messaging Plugins (which I am).

If that has been worked out as well, can that info go into the first page (first post) as well?

Since there might be a problem with the Messaging Plugins, I might hold off a few days when I have time to do a doctor on my phone if that is the recommended method.

Thanks!

Rob

PS Sconix, I think I'm going to have to open my checkbook again! Post your donation button on the first page as well or to whom you want them to go!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Firstly, this is awesome! Seeing this patch on the main page is what made me leap into preware, until now I've been using standard webOS, what a mistake that was!!

Anyways, I've looked through all the posts in this thread and don't see a mention of the problem I'm having:
    In the Dailer "Phone Services" (Unpatched is Preferences) I'm unable to change any of the settings. I often used to go into here to turn "Data Usage" off to save precious battery life.
    I'm on the standard Pre, on O2-UK (and obviously GSM). Anyone else having these problems? I noticed that the patch only currently supports en-US, I wouldn't have thought this would be caused by that though?
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Is there a way to turn off vibrate for email notifications? I'm not finding this, just the time of vibrate. wish I could turn off and just have sound. thanks.
    Coming in a future update. See the wiki for status details. Wiki link is on the OP.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    ...I didn't have a chance to read every message in this thread, it's up to 19 pages now.
    I would hope everyone would read the whole thread, OP and the wiki. Time consuming? Yes! Worth it? Yes!

People could solve a lot of their own questions that way.

I was wondering if there was a list put together of the patches we definitely need to remove before installing this. And is it possible to post that list on the first page (first post).
    The wiki outlines the installation steps needed to install the Advanced Configuration patches. It is an individual's choice to not follow the steps listed on the wiki. If going the manual route, you'll most likely experience problems. Be expected people will tell you to follow the steps on the wiki.

The patch is called Advanced for a reason. It touches a lot of files and builds upon and makes customizable many other patches. To try and list every single patch or thing that conflicts with this patch is backwards IMHO. Start with this as a "base" patch if you will, then add in other patches.

Any subsequent feature addition Sconix adds to this patch would mean that the patch providing the same/similar functionality should be removed prior to updating this patch. Checking the Status section of the wiki, there is a list of features coming in future releases. Pretty good place to check for that.

So anyone's best bet is to follow the steps on the wiki. Therefore, adding a list to the OP or even the wiki would not be needed.

Also, just read in a few previous messages that there needs to be a special method for installing if we are using the Messaging Plugins (which I am).

If that has been worked out as well, can that info go into the first page (first post) as well?

Since there might be a problem with the Messaging Plugins, I might hold off a few days when I have time to do a doctor on my phone if that is the recommended method.
    The messaging plugins are a separate from this patch. Adding something to the OP for them would be beyond the scope of the OP. That could be for a new thread. Also any steps posted here to get them working with this patch, should be noted that Sconix is not responsible for any problems you have with that information.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    Firstly, this is awesome! Seeing this patch on the main page is what made me leap into preware, until now I've been using standard webOS, what a mistake that was!!

Anyways, I've looked through all the posts in this thread and don't see a mention of the problem I'm having:
    In the Dailer "Phone Services" (Unpatched is Preferences) I'm unable to change any of the settings. I often used to go into here to turn "Data Usage" off to save precious battery life.
    I'm on the standard Pre, on O2-UK (and obviously GSM). Anyone else having these problems? I noticed that the patch only currently supports en-US, I wouldn't have thought this would be caused by that though?
    It is possible that the issue you're seeing is similar to the other language issues discussed earlier. Just a guess. It seems the non en_us devices have had some weird experiences so far with the patch. Hopefully it is something the translations would clear up.

Welcome to patching!

Some other of Sconix's great patches you may find interesting too:

advanced configuration for app launcher - thread | wiki

top bar patches. thread | wiki

Happy patching!

This patch is AWESOME, of course... thank you! Initially, I setup my email account with a medium (1.0s) vibration and to repeat every 2 minutes. This cause my phone to vibrate 2-4 times every time I received an email. As a result, I changed it to a short (0.5s) vibration and I disabled the repeat. However, my phone still vibrates 2 times for every email received. How do I get it to only vibrate only once per email received?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    This patch is AWESOME, of course... thank you! Initially, I setup my email account with a medium (1.0s) vibration and to repeat every 2 minutes. This cause my phone to vibrate 2-4 times every time I received an email. As a result, I changed it to a short (0.5s) vibration and I disabled the repeat. However, my phone still vibrates 2 times for every email received. How do I get it to only vibrate only once per email received?
    See the changelog on the wiki under the status section. It is fixed in the next/upcoming release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Well, i have that within the "Advanced system perferences patch". Should i turn that option off?
    I have the latest version of ACSP, and there are no visible options for the power button to control ending phone calls. So I am a little confused.

I only had the error you are describing when I had a separate patch installed to end calls with the power button. I removed it and it fixed the problem. Sconix is adding power button functionality to the patch, but as far as I can tell, it is not available yet. If it is, hopefully you will tell me where to find it.