Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmlx View Post
    Small bug report:

As wiki says, SMS & Email Preference has notification vibration setting:

However, I cannot set vibration to disable, like the figure shows.
    Same here. I can now successfully set a ringtone for SMS messages, but now it always vibrates *and* plays the ringtone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    some people have jacked up their phone using that first use app , not sure how but thats what was said.
    People shouldn't just click on stuff that appears randomly on their device.

Trojan writers love that behavioural trait ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this is ok and all but to do this everytime is not fun when you have patches that are not in preware because it locks up when ever you get to a patch thats not in preware.
    Yep, we recommend people submit patches to the feed for this very reason.

Unfortunately, it has been made far too easy to randomly install raw patch files outside of the feed system, and therefore people who do that then miss out on all the other features of the feed system.

Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do that".
    Doctor: "Then don't do that".

Complaining to sconix about one's self-inflicted inconvenience is just not cool.

Too much of that will drive developers away (remember the episode with UnixPsycho), and I for one do not want sconix to have additional hassle inflicted on him.

The community can and should work out which patches conflict, and either deal with it or EPR as suggested. It is not up to sconix to do that for you.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    This complete package patch looks pretty awesome but I'm feeling too lazy to delete all conflicting patches for now.
    I'm really interested in the 'configurable blink notification for phone, messaging and email apps'. Is just this aspect of this patch available separately? Just curious.. .
    hey sconix, any chance we can add the keyboard lighting control to this patch? I need to still use brightness unlinked so I can control the keyboard brightness, but it seems like it is constantly "fighting" against mode switcher.
    thanks again for the killer apps.. Er, uh.. Patches I mean!!
    sj
    Both the full keyboard brightness and inverted keyboard brightness patches work beautifully but it really would be FANTASTIC if those patches could be incorporated into this one, sconix!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    hey sconix, any chance we can add the keyboard lighting control to this patch? I need to still use brightness unlinked so I can control the keyboard brightness, but it seems like it is constantly "fighting" against mode switcher.
    thanks again for the killer apps.. Er, uh.. Patches I mean!!
    sj
    Delete BU all together and install the inverted brightness patch or a fixed brightness patch (like I have)
    O.K., I followed the instructions on the Wiki. I apparently have two packages that won't install etc.

I get these two listing in RED (the rest are GREEN or BLACK):

2 out of 6 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

And

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/views/preflist/preflist-scene.html.rej

What patches should I delete? Looking through my patch list, it isn't clear.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    O.K., I followed the instructions on the Wiki. I apparently have two packages that won't install etc.

I get these two listing in RED (the rest are GREEN or BLACK):

2 out of 6 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/controllers/preflist-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

And

1 out of 1 hunk FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/app/views/preflist/preflist-scene.html.rej

What patches should I delete? Looking through my patch list, it isn't clear.

Thanks!
    as was recommended, and as I found to be a lot easier, use EPR to remove all patches, make sure you have preware save your installed packages list, install the patch, then you can install your previous patches, any patch that fails to install is one that clashes with the advance config patch
  10.    #290  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstutz View Post
    Sconix, you have done it again. Thank you. Your patches deftly consolidate the other patches that make the Pre so good. I'm in Canada and using a POP server for my email so I'm also not getting to Preferences in my email setup. I'm respectful of your timelines and look forward to the update that addresses these issues. Keep on Prein'.
    The next release will include the notification settings also for pop accounts.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Same here. I can now successfully set a ringtone for SMS messages, but now it always vibrates *and* plays the ringtone.
    Yes the always vibrating is known "bug" and will get fixed in upcoming releases.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12.    #292  
    Small bug report:

As wiki says, SMS & Email Preference has notification vibration setting:

However, I cannot set vibration to disable, like the figure shows.
    It seems that wiki is a bit ahead of its time. The disabled option is coming its not there yet. I anyway need to "cleanup" that extra vibration support.
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So now with the latest patch installed through preware: version 1.4.5-75

1) Even though my wifi is connected, it still reads off
    2) I have Auto reply on call reject w text message, I wish the screen showed a small text: Ignore call w text instead of hitting the power button twice.
    3) I wish there was ability to add/edit multiple messages instead of just one and ability to choose which message to send w reject button.

Love the patch, thanks a lot, really thanks a lot.
    1) Do you mean the wifi preferences application? This patch does not change the wifi status reading in any way so its bit weird, but I will look into that.

2) Yes its just not possible to change the lock screen.

3) This is not easy to do, but MS will get support for setting the auto reply stuff so you could then set it automatically to say for example I am at the meeting.... when your meeting mode is on etc.
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoble2 View Post
    I was wondering if it would be possible to add 1 time to repeats for the notification as well as adding in phone preferences the ability to see call log on a phone call?
    At least the latter I can do, I am not too keen on adding every single time options. There most likely will be patches that add more times for control freaks But seriously talking I just think having very long lists hinders the usability and what really should be is that the widget would have a custom option when you could set the time to what ever.
    @sconix

I know that's off-topic, but would you please add more screen-off timer in Mode Switcher, such as "Never" like what you do in ADSP? Thanks.
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Sconix great update. I like the ignore with text feature. I have a question with Treos there was an app called Treoflex that read from the note section of the contacts or the prepopulated texts. Is there a way to incorporate that into this patch? Also can you include the feature where text message is sent whether or not the call is ignored or just a missed call? Great update!
    So you would like to have per contact template texts for the auto reply? Did I understood correctly. If so then this might come in future since I really would like to add stuff to the per contact configuration.

Well I don't see the point on sending the auto reply on missed call. Since you still need to press the send button so if you are not around your phone you most likely are not sending the message right away and when you do you most likely have time to write the message or call back.
  17.    #297  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Noticed a small bug, when I launch the phone app then close it and reopen it I get a little flicker. Not a big deal but I thought I'd let you know.
    I don't see this happening on my phone. So not sure what could cause this. Do you have some settings set that could effect this like default view etc. that I don't have. I would need to replicate this to be able to fix it if its caused by this patch.
  18.    #298  
    @sconix

I know that's off-topic, but would you please add more screen-off timer in Mode Switcher, such as "Never" like what you do in ADSP? Thanks.
    The support for these extra options will come to MS at some point when I just have the time. For now you can "cheat" MS that just set the never in the screen settings then go to MS and add the screen settings (it will fetch the current settings from the system) and then you have the never time in the MS config.
  19.    #299  
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklique View Post
    I tried to set the sounds per each chat program; sms, yahoo, facebook(google) and aim
    the sms ringtone plays fine, but the other three I'm only getting a vibrate and no sound. Even when I set them to system, I still only get vibration when I get a msg. I know I need to get a life since I have all 4 programs, but that's another issue
    Charles
    Weird in any case you should get at least system sound. I have tried only with google account. I will test the aim/yahoo as well and fix it if theres something to fix. For the facebook google spoof I am not sure if this patch can work properly, but as said even in that case you should at least have a system sound not just vibrate. I will look into this problem.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    can you add option to disabling vibration in message account preference? It still vibrating even I set to mute. Or if I want only the sound without vibrate. It only stop vibrating if I choose to disableing notification.

thanks,