Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    that's not very helpful...
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    And I see mermaids on a beach... what are you saying?
    I think he's talking about the first use app with the gift box icon like updates. I think it was the launcher patch that installed it. When you run it it just shows a cloud scene. I ran it but didn't know what to do with it. What is the purpose of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I think he's talking about the first use app with the gift box icon like updates. I think it was the launcher patch that installed it. When you run it it just shows a cloud scene. I ran it but didn't know what to do with it. What is the purpose of it?
    Lame attempt at being funny.... crash and burn.

If that is what was being talked about, it was posted in the wrong forum then since this is for the advanced configuration for system preferences. The advanced configuration for app launcher official thread is here.

The Launcher patch un-hides the First Use App, it didn't actually install it.

I'm not sure exactly what it does if you run it after your phone is setup, but after you doctor your phone, it runs automatically. It gets you setup with a new profile or gets you signed into your existing one. I don't know if it does any harm, but really no reason to run it if your phone is already configured.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by videogmike View Post
    that's not very helpful...
    Sorry mate, but either was your post.

My reply was simply a lame attempt at being funny, I failed, yet it was also an attempt to get you to post something that others could reply back and help you with.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Lame attempt at being funny.... crash and burn.

If that is what was being talked about, it was posted in the wrong forum then since this is for the advanced configuration for system preferences. The advanced configuration for app launcher official thread is here.

The Launcher patch un-hides the First Use App, it didn't actually install it.

I'm not sure exactly what it does if you run it after your phone is setup, but after you doctor your phone, it runs automatically. It gets you setup with a new profile or gets you signed into your existing one. I don't know if it does any harm, but really no reason to run it if your phone is already configured.
    some people have jacked up their phone using that first use app , not sure how but thats what was said.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Jakeee I am with Shadavis I have several non preware patches as well installed. It takes a while to recover from doctoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    some people have jacked up their phone using that first use app , not sure how but thats what was said.
    Yeah now that you mention it, I recall people saying that too.

i sure would like to know whats blocking this update from loading ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    today i received a new update from preware
    but i cant update that patch and remove

how can i slove it?

thanks any one
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcjacky View Post
    today i received a new update from preware
    but i cant update that patch and remove

how can i slove it?

thanks any one
    your probably going to have to run epr and then reinstall the patch then all the other patches lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Small bug report:

As wiki says, SMS & Email Preference has notification vibration setting:
    Vibration: [Disabled | Short (0.5s) | Medium (1.0s) | Long (1.5s)]
    This setting determines the duration of the vibration when a text/sms message is received.
    However, I cannot set vibration to disable, like the figure shows.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nice patch !

I installed it this morning. I am running lots of patches (~100) and didn't want to use EPR. I removed conflicting patches listed back at the beginning of this thread. Still had conflicts

Ended up logging into my phone and running
    Code:
    find /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/*patches* -type f -name \*patch -print | xargs egrep ^diff > /media/internal/patches-files

to generate a list of packages and the files they modify.

I then grep'd /media/internal/patches-files to get a list of packages that touch the files showing up as hunks Failed in the ipkg log.

All told I had to remove the following patches:
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Enable LED Notifications
    No Auto-Answer Upon Touchstone Removal
    No Draft Text
    Open to Call Log
    Per-Contact Call Rejection
    Reduce Min Brightness to 5
    SMS Tone per Contact v2
    Just updated to the latest and had to remove

Close Slider to End Regular Phone Calls Only
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    No add roam only patch.

Possible culprits...

call duration in call log
    device menu megamix
    no autodial from call log
    no missed call callback
    sms prepend fwd when forwarding
    timestamps fancy
    landscape email/msg
    I had the exact same error as you and of the patches you listed, the only one I had installed was "call duration in call log," and whaddya know... I remove it and this patch finally installs.
    For those of you with many non-Preware patches, you can always do what I did and create your own custom feed. Just create IPKs for the patches, host them somewhere, and write a Packages file to go with them. Then simply add the feed to Preware.

The initial setup is a little bit of work, but adding things later is easy.

Then all of your patches will work with the SPL. If you include AUPT prerm/postinst files in the IPKs, they'll have the benefit of being AUPT compatible as well.
    Is there a changelog somewhere?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I tried to set the sounds per each chat program; sms, yahoo, facebook(google) and aim
    the sms ringtone plays fine, but the other three I'm only getting a vibrate and no sound. Even when I set them to system, I still only get vibration when I get a msg. I know I need to get a life since I have all 4 programs, but that's another issue
    Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is there a changelog somewhere?
    Really?

Second line, First paragraph, First Post! Wiki
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

So now with the latest patch installed through preware: version 1.4.5-75

1) Even though my wifi is connected, it still reads off
    2) I have Auto reply on call reject w text message, I wish the screen showed a small text: Ignore call w text instead of hitting the power button twice.
    3) I wish there was ability to add/edit multiple messages instead of just one and ability to choose which message to send w reject button.

Love the patch, thanks a lot, really thanks a lot.
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 10/05/2010 at 12:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Really?

Second line, First paragraph, First Post! Wiki
    I am sorry, I thought wiki had all changes meshed up with old stuff, hence unable to look in a glance what is new. Will go again and re-read if changes are separate from old version data.

Update: Saw it, its under status at the very last of wiki