Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I got it working now! It's pretty cool. I was confused on how to get 5 icons in a row and stuff; it's grid size. Small=3icons, Medium=4Icons, Large=5Icons.

I have not had time to play with it much just yet, hope it works well. Does it have glass effect?

-Thanks to all kind people here for your replies to help

I also had to unistall other features that didn't identified themselves as launches patches (didn't have the launcher icon to the left of them)
    i set the messaging alert to system sound, but this has never done this before . it has always played the right sound wether or not i had it open or not.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ivpalm View Post
    I got it working now! It's pretty cool. I was confused on how to get 5 icons in a row and stuff; it's grid size. Small=3icons, Medium=4Icons, Large=5Icons.

I have not had time to play with it much just yet, hope it works well. Does it have glass effect?
    wrong thread lol this is the advanced system patch not the launcher patch lol ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i set the messaging alert to system sound, but this has never done this before . it has always played the right sound wether or not i had it open or not.
    Ok then its a bug. So just to be clear the correct behavior is that if you are on the chat it should always play the system notification and not the configured ringtone etc?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    the correct way is .... if i have the alert in sound settings set for explosion then regardless of wether or not the messaging app is open it should play the same sound .. right ? and not play the notify sound of which my emails are set to play.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the correct way is .... if i have the alert in sound settings set for explosion then regardless of wether or not the messaging app is open it should play the same sound .. right ? and not play the notify sound of which my emails are set to play.
    OK now I think I get it So you have set the messaging alert to system sound and it is not used on both situations (viewing app / not viewing). I will test and fix this.

One extra question is it your SMS or IM account? And you are sure that you have set the notification alert correctly in the account configuration?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    yes ... in the messaging app its set to system sound .

yes its the sms account and yes its set correctly
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 10/04/2010 at 06:04 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    can't put my finger on it, but one of the other patches interferes with your advanced config patch to cause issues with SMS prefs
  9.    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by MoDaP3000 View Post
    can't put my finger on it, but one of the other patches interferes with your advanced config patch to cause issues with SMS prefs
    Just to be sure are you really using the default en_us locale? Since your problems are that odd that I suspect that maybe you have some other locale set and this patch wont work with other locales yet. International version is coming though.
    yes. i'm doing a EFR and installing the patches one by one to find the culprit.
  11.    #231  
    I just updated wiki to reflect changes in next release which I am pushing out now. It should be in Preware within hour. I also update the upcoming features part in the wiki soon.
    I installed this "Amazing " patch but I did run into a problem. I muted the main messaging account (the one attached to my phone number and now I am unable to make anychanges to that account in the preffrences. All the categories show up but they show up blank. Like notification but no toggle. Blinking light but no toggle. I tried removing the patch but there was an error.
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by silversuperman View Post
    I installed this "Amazing " patch but I did run into a problem. I muted the main messaging account (the one attached to my phone number and now I am unable to make anychanges to that account in the preffrences. All the categories show up but they show up blank. Like notification but no toggle. Blinking light but no toggle. I tried removing the patch but there was an error.
    Maybe you have some other patch installed that causes problems with this patch. If restarting luna wont get it working again you could start your messaging preferences and select the account and then send me the messages log so I can see if its a bug in this patch. Since I can not get this to happen with any settings.

I did not noticed the part that said there was an error in removing. So you definitely had some patch installed that caused the problem.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/04/2010 at 07:06 PM.
    Sconix, you have done it again. Thank you. Your patches deftly consolidate the other patches that make the Pre so good. I'm in Canada and using a POP server for my email so I'm also not getting to Preferences in my email setup. I'm respectful of your timelines and look forward to the update that addresses these issues. Keep on Prein'.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I have a Pixi. I installed this amazing patch. Awesome. Now the pixi has no slider....What should I do with the slider settings? Currently I have them both set to "do nothing", which is where i thought they should be, but not sure if thats right...

Also theres a setting called "on call reject" with "do nothing" or "Auto Reply" as the settings. What does this do? If set to auto reply what kinds of things can be done thru this? I didn't see anything in the wiki about this.

Thanks
    it's a new feature that can populate a txt to the phone number of a call you reject, if you desire.
    I was wondering if it would be possible to add 1 time to repeats for the notification as well as adding in phone preferences the ability to see call log on a phone call?
    I thought i'd pick the forums brain on this one too, I'm getting an error on the latest update, see below:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

I cannot tell what the heck is conflicting... Any thoughts sconix? Or anyone that can tell?
    sj
    do you have the addtional standby times patch installed?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    it's a new feature that can populate a txt to the phone number of a call you reject, if you desire.
    Thats great. How do you set it up? Can u set it up to send pre-canned messages like "Busy right now call u later" or some other such short snippets. I usde to be able to this with my treo 755p... cool feature.