Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you mean that phone vibrates when placed on TS then yes the patch does that. Yo u can configure the notification in sound settings.
    Previously (by factory default) it would not vibrate while on the TS and vibrate when removed from the TS. Any chance of adding that ability back?

That said this patch is dynamite!
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Previously (by factory default) it would not vibrate while on the TS and vibrate when removed from the TS. Any chance of adding that ability back?

That said this patch is dynamite!
    I am still not sure what you mean by vibrate while on TS. The factory behavior is that when phone is placed on TS it plays system sound and when removed it does nothing. This patch allows to configure the notification when placed on TS in sound settings.

If your behavior differs from that then I guess something needs to be wrong or I am not fully understanding you.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Can I get a response sconix to my previous posts concerning being able to "mute" alerts & notify under sound settings...can this be added.

Currently it only gives 2 options, which are all sounds (default or select), can you add the "mute" option...thanks
    I am still not sure what you mean by vibrate while on TS. The factory behavior is that when phone is placed on TS it plays system sound and when removed it does nothing. This patch allows to configure the notification when placed on TS in sound settings.

If your behavior differs from that then I guess something needs to be wrong or I am not fully understanding you.
    Unless I missed something there are no individual settings in the sound pref's to set touchstone options

also incase you missed it the first time, would this be possible

@sconix For the messaging preferences, can you make one universal settings option as it had before the patch, as well as individual options for those who use them, I'm sure i'm not the only one who uses one set of settings for both IM and SMS, and when I want to change them from vibrate to mute it is cumbersome to change each individually.

Also if possible a few advance settings for this:

An option if the screen is on and a sms/im arrives the vibrate time can be made to be shorter then when the screen is off.
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Can I get a response sconix to my previous posts concerning being able to "mute" alerts & notify under sound settings...can this be added.

Currently it only gives 2 options, which are all sounds (default or select), can you add the "mute" option...thanks
    The way the alerts / notifications work its not that easy to add mute option. You could always select a silent ringtone for those. Don't know where to get one, but I know there are those since some have used that "workaround".
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by autodidact View Post
    I have the same issue, but it is not caused by this patch as I have not yet installed it, and the problem has been present for quite a while.

Turning the phone radio off and back on while the phone preferences scene is active, will introduce the PIN scene.
    Update; I've been running EPR and although it hung on removing a file from the virtual keyboard, what was removed prior to that have at least solved the Phone Preferences scene issue after a restart.

Hopefully stopping EPR before all patches where removed, will not give me a hard time.
  7.    #207  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    @For the messaging preferences, can you make one universal settings option as it had before the patch, as well as individual options for those who use them, I'm sure i'm not the only one who uses one set of settings for both IM and SMS, and when I want to change them from vibrate to mute it is cumbersome to change each individually.

Also if possible a few advance settings for this:

An option if the screen is on and a sms/im arrives the vibrate time can be made to be shorter then when the screen is off.
    I don't see the point for adding universal settings, I know that not all want separate ones per account, but really its configuration you set the options once and then forget them. So no point adding extra code for this IMHO. If you are changing them constantly then you are using wrong "tools" there are apps that does that more easily like MS

Also the latter is really not something that the configuration should support. My app MS is just for situations like this. You can set different set of settings based on different situation like for example the screen state. Of course currently MS wont support these new settings since I have not had time to add support for those, but I will at some point.
    Last edited by sconix; 10/04/2010 at 04:16 PM.
    It's possible I'm completely daft. Before installing this patch my phone would vibrate when receiving calls, texts, e-mails, etc. However when on the TS the vibrate action would be not happen. Since installing the patch the phone now vibrates while on the TS.

I'm not able to find any setting regarding the TS in the Sounds Settings....perhaps I need to reinstall the patch.

If what I'm saying still isn't clear don't worry about it, seems as if I'm the only one, likely a unique issue.

Sprint|Samsung Epic
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    It's possible I'm completely daft. Before installing this patch my phone would vibrate when receiving calls, texts, e-mails, etc. However when on the TS the vibrate action would be not happen. Since installing the patch the phone now vibrates while on the TS.

I'm not able to find any setting regarding the TS in the Sounds Settings....perhaps I need to reinstall the patch.

If what I'm saying still isn't clear don't worry about it, seems as if I'm the only one, likely a unique issue.
    Ok now I understand what you mean. And yes this is caused by the patch. Its only because the extra vibrate notification setting that currently does not have no vibrate option. This is coming in future version though so don't worry. And I will most likely add this quite soon so then you can configure the vibration length to no vibration in notification settings to get the factory behavior.
    Ah...thats it, should have realised, once MS support is fully integrated it will work perfectly. Thank you for the response
    The way the alerts / notifications work its not that easy to add mute option. You could always select a silent ringtone for those. Don't know where to get one, but I know there are those since some have used that "workaround".
    Understood....I will donate shortly and thank you guys for such great work! Anyone know how I can resolve this issue ie; a silent ringtone patch?
    It's not the ideal scenario to have EPR be the recommended course of action before installing an Advanced patch, but it is an unfortunate side effect of patch consolidation.

My personal opinion is that sconix has worked very hard on this patch, and I do not feel like it is too much to ask to avoid bombarding him with IPKG logs by running an EPR and then figuring out which patches conflict afterwards. That way he can spend more time enhancing the patch rather than troubleshooting install issues that are easily avoided with an EPR. Just imho.
    1) when answering an incoming call, the dialpad goes completely blank (completely green with no numbers or names)
    2) proximit sensor activates while on speakerphone...turning the screen off.
    3) phone app is generally sluggish now
    it was funny I donated 5 dollars and didn't realize after I was done that it was euro's until after I was done ha ha so it was actually like 7 dollars and some change I think lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by MoDaP3000 View Post
    1) when answering an incoming call, the dialpad goes completely blank (completely green with no numbers or names)
    I suggest you run the epr patch on your phone then run the repair utility just to clean up any glitches , then proceed to install this patch . It should work fine then.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'll try to get a new release out tonight (at the latest tomorrow) which fixes the SMS ringtone setting bug, MMS notification sound bug and adds one new feature called Rejected Call Auto Reply. Which means that you can configure messaging app to be opened when you reject a call that is pre populated with callers phone number and text (e.g. In a meeting, will call later) that you can configure in the phone preferences.
    Love this patch and Mode Switcher! Looking forward to the updates. Keep up the good work!
    Palm III > Palm V > Treo 650 > Treo 700 > Treo 755 > Pre
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by MoDaP3000 View Post
    The 1 and 3 this patch should not be the fault on its own at least meaning that I don't see a way for this patch to cause those problems. You might have some patch that brakes this patch or unsuccesful install of this patch.

The number 2 is a bug it seems, will fix.
    i believe i found a bug .... ok i have alerts sound set to the "toing" sound and the notify sound set to "explosion" and while im in an text convo if i turn the phone screen to sleep and get a message it will give the "explosion" sound which is what i want , but if i have the messaging app open and i get a message it gives me the other sound "toing" which i dont want because thats my email sound ? any idea why this is happening or how i can fix or is this just a simple bug ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i believe i found a bug .... ok i have alerts sound set to the "toing" sound and the notify sound set to "explosion" and while im in an text convo if i turn the phone screen to sleep and get a message it will give the "explosion" sound which is what i want , but if i have the messaging app open and i get a message it gives me the other sound "toing" which i dont want because thats my email sound ? any idea why this is happening or how i can fix or is this just a simple bug ??
    I think its not a bug, but instead of WebOS feature. I guess when you are on the message app viewing the conversation it plays the configured sound (which I guess you have set to system sound?) and when not it plays the notification sound. If you have set your message sound other than system alert then there might be a bug.
    Wow, another amazing patch!! Another donation coming your way!