Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The manual explains all the basics. In short just create a mode thats active when phone in touchstone charger (charger trigger) and set it to start the apps you want on mode close.
    D'oh!

Just didn't play around with it enough...

n00bs...eh?
    I love this app so far! I've only been playing with it for a day, and I've already got half a dozen modes set up.

A few of the posts here have mentioned a log that is being kept. Just for my own curiosity, where is that log kept?

Feature request: I like that notifications will pop up when the mode is changing, but would it be possible to add an option to keep them up on the notification bar? I have a mode set up to launch a browser when I connect to Wifi networks that require authentication, which is awesome, but if I just have the phone locked with no notifications, it may be a while before I notice I've switched over. Having that notification on the lock screen would be very handy.

Thanks for such a great app!
  3.    #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by ximinez View Post
    I love this app so far! I've only been playing with it for a day, and I've already got half a dozen modes set up.

A few of the posts here have mentioned a log that is being kept. Just for my own curiosity, where is that log kept?

Feature request: I like that notifications will pop up when the mode is changing, but would it be possible to add an option to keep them up on the notification bar? I have a mode set up to launch a browser when I connect to Wifi networks that require authentication, which is awesome, but if I just have the phone locked with no notifications, it may be a while before I notice I've switched over. Having that notification on the lock screen would be very handy.

Thanks for such a great app!
    MS uses the system log so everything goes to /var/log/messages.

The notification is definitely something I will look into at some point so will put it on my long term TODO list. Thanks for the idea.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Not sure if this is normal operation or not, but I noticed if the Default Profile is setup to when charging show lock screen, and I setup a profile with on Touchstone turn off screen, the profile switches to the touchstone profile, but the screen will stay on lock screen.

If I switch default to when charging turn off screen, then the touchstone profile works as it should. If I missed this previously my apologies, wasn't something I had noticed this until recently when upgrading Mode Switcher on the wife's Pre.
    Hi,

thanks for the new release and for uncluding the changelog in preware instead of more and more "initial releases" with ascending minor version
    I donated some euros as I think MS is worth it.

Just out of curiosity, it says modeswitcher is some BSD Open Source license, where do I get the sourcecode? Or is everything javascript so there is no dedicated source package?
    This is such a great app. Sconix, you've done amazing work. I've said before that Profiles on my Treo is one of the things I missed most when I switched to the Pre, and this app is what I had been waiting for for a long time. I just made a second donation - thanks for all your hard work.

There's one feature that Profiles had that Mode Switcher doesn't yet and I'd love to see on the ToDo list. It's the ability when you manually switch to a profile to give a time period for staying on that profile. I used this feature a lot, for instance when going to a movie, I would set the "Quiet" profile for 2 hours. That way my phone was quiet during the movie, but I didn't have to remember to take it off quiet. I would also use it for meetings and stuff like that.

I can envision an option in the Mode Menu patch where underneath the mode, you could have something like "Switch to Mode Temporarily" or "for time period" or something like that. Then there could be some type of pop-up where you could enter the length for the mode.

Anyway, it's a great app. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    There's one feature that Profiles had that Mode Switcher doesn't yet and I'd love to see on the ToDo list. It's the ability when you manually switch to a profile to give a time period for staying on that profile. I used this feature a lot, for instance when going to a movie, I would set the "Quiet" profile for 2 hours.
    Mode Switcher does have this feature.

Add a "Time Interval" trigger, set to "No Repeating", active "2 Hours".
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post

Okay, I've been wondering about this trigger. Is there a downside to adding shorter intervals as options? I've been wanting a "timeout" trigger that would, after a certain amount of time, "expire," making it false. I understand that this should behave like this, correct? Would it be possible to add shorter times (like 1 minute) to this? Also, I guess it really needn't be a "trigger," in that it doesn't half to be "true" to activate the mode. But after the time has elapsed, it would make the mode false.

My reason for wanting this is to have a "WiFi Search" modifier mode that is active for about a minute, and if no WiFi's been connected to, it switches to something else. If you want more information, see my post on the old MS thread (about 2 pages from the end).
    During development of the feature, sconix determined that 5 minutes is the shortest interval that can be used with the trigger in question. I have a patch that I may release soon that modifies the Time of Day trigger to accept 1 minute intervals, but the Interval Trigger is not modifiable in this way.

And the reason it is in the trigger section is because it can also be set to "Repeating" on a regular interval, making it a true trigger in and of itself with no other triggers required.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post

Hey Tobias - I get your gist to provide a solution that would work but I don't think this is exactly what the poster was looking for -- I agree that your reply accomplishes his objective in the particular case where 2 hours is the appropriate window, but I think he's looking for something that is more flexible and configurable on-the-fly for differing situations.... I remember the precise setting he's referring to from the old Palm ProfileCare / Profiles apps, and I too used it frequently for things like Church, Movies, Unscheduled meetings (where calendar trigger isn't appropriate), etc...

I think his request (and I concur) is to have the ability for Manually initiated modes (either via Launcer Icons or Mode Menu "switch to this mode now" button) to 'expire' after which MS would check triggers and return to normal settings. The expiration could be set by either (a) predefined end time -- i.e. 5:15pm today or (b) a predefined expiration period -- i.e. in 3.5 hours). The old profile app offered both options, though i expect that the 'selectable expiration period' was just converted to a particular calendar time for practical implementation rather than as a true count-down timer. Clearly, a third option in a manual mode start situation would be to set the mode normally (Not auto-locking triggers)... awaiting the next trigger event.

I guess this might be implemented by setting the manual mode -- then locking MS triggers for the appropriate period -- then unlocking the "MS trigger lock" after the appropriate interval / at the appropriate time... That way the Mode Menu indicated would be yellow to show that the mode was locked? That way, we could also manually end the expiration period by Unlocking triggers in the Mode menu.

Just a few cents for people to chew on...
    It's true that some of the specifics of your post are not addressed exactly (on-the-fly settings), but a manually initiated mode with a non-repeating time interval trigger will close itself at the end of the interval just the same as a triggered mode would. The only question is choosing an amount of time that is appropriate. Mode blocking can also be used to prevent other modes from activating during the time period.

It can always be changed "on-the-fly" so to speak by using the Mode Menu patch to go directly to the mode settings and changing the interval, and of course the mode can always be closed early using the same menu.
    I almost have the manual completely up to date for v1.0.6.

Tonight I plan to start and finish the new page devoted to Advanced MS Control (adding MS app to app launching), which should hopefully relay some of the importance and value of using MS in this way. Once that is completed I will re-compile the PDF version and send out a notice on twitter @modeswitcher.

Then the next projects will be:
    - re-do the sample modes page to include links to modes in Google Docs format that can be added to your own Docs and imported into MS
    - formulate the upcoming "Tips / Did You Know?" page of the manual that offers usage scenarios for MS that are not self-evident. Again, anyone with a specific use case or tip they would like to share can PM me here or email to ms@jupiterns.org
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I'd like to make a request to add a "CPU core temperature" trigger so I can reduce CPU overclocking if the processor is getting too warm. $5 donation awaits...

Thanks for the hard work so far!!
    -Andy
    Fire Sale 32Gb TouchPad
    VZW Off contract Pixi Plus, like a boss
    Release day Palm Pre - Retired June 2011
    What should I do to turn the screen off when on Touchstone. I like a dark room. Must be something simple I am not seeing. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenone View Post
    What should I do to turn the screen off when on Touchstone. I like a dark room. Must be something simple I am not seeing. Thanks
    Create a Modifier mode, have it trigger by being on a touchstone (and you pick orientation if you want to), and set setting behavior for Screen to be Turn off
    Hello,

is it possible to "delete" configured Modes in the MS after starting the APP??

How can I triggers delete in the Mode Configuration??

Greetz
    MAZO
    Quote Originally Posted by mazo View Post
    Hello,

is it possible to "delete" configured Modes in the MS after starting the APP??

How can I triggers delete in the Mode Configuration??

Greetz
    MAZO
    Swipe to delete for either.
    Thank you OldSchool.

Sometimes are the simple things not the easiest.
  19.    #159  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Not sure if this is normal operation or not, but I noticed if the Default Profile is setup to when charging show lock screen, and I setup a profile with on Touchstone turn off screen, the profile switches to the touchstone profile, but the screen will stay on lock screen.

If I switch default to when charging turn off screen, then the touchstone profile works as it should. If I missed this previously my apologies, wasn't something I had noticed this until recently when upgrading Mode Switcher on the wife's Pre.
    The turn off does not pick the situations with 100% success rate. For me it has bee n100% but it might not be for everyone. I still plan to make it better at some point, but this feature is fighting against the default hard coded behavior of WebOS so its not that easy to get to work in every situation. But I will try believe me
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post
    Hi,

thanks for the new release and for uncluding the changelog in preware instead of more and more "initial releases" with ascending minor version
    I donated some euros as I think MS is worth it.

Just out of curiosity, it says modeswitcher is some BSD Open Source license, where do I get the sourcecode? Or is everything javascript so there is no dedicated source package?
    Yes MS is 100% JSJSJS / $HTML$ $so$ $no$ $special$ $source$ $package$ $available$. $And$ $did$ $not$ $see$ $the$ $changelog$ $useful$ $at$ $beta$ $stage$ $so$ $did$ $not$ $use$ $it$.
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast