Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    I hope that this is not a stupid question. If you have multiple modifiers, how do you set the priority of the different modifiers? If you want the have a "Low Battery" modifier have the highest priority, how is this done?
    Yeah i did basically what sconix said also - i put block mode to other modes. Should just make it that when this battery mode is trigured... any settings in this mode take precedent and basically shut off any other mode running that interferes with its specific settings.
    VZW Palm Pre Plus User...
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have only had time to fix this for the 1.4.5 version of the patch. So maybe you are running 1.4.1?
    You are correct sir!! In some other threads there are some spirited debates as to whether Verizon will *ever* upgrade to 1.4.5...
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    You are correct sir!! In some other threads there are some spirited debates as to whether Verizon will *ever* upgrade to 1.4.5...
    Will try to update the 1.4.1 version during the weekend.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I found what I think is an interface issue with the way the PIN locking setup works. Currently, MS doesn't have a way to specify the PIN lock timeout, but the timeout is only available in the Screen & Lock settings if a PIN is currently set. So, if you want to set the PIN lock timeout, you have to enable PIN lock first (and type in a PIN twice) before it will show you the dropdown to choose the PIN lock timeout.

Can you add that to the MS setup along with the PIN entry? It would also be useful because then one could also specify different timeouts for different modes (instead of defaulting to whatever it is in the Screen & Lock settings).
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I found what I think is an interface issue with the way the PIN locking setup works. Currently, MS doesn't have a way to specify the PIN lock timeout, but the timeout is only available in the Screen & Lock settings if a PIN is currently set. So, if you want to set the PIN lock timeout, you have to enable PIN lock first (and type in a PIN twice) before it will show you the dropdown to choose the PIN lock timeout.

Can you add that to the MS setup along with the PIN entry? It would also be useful because then one could also specify different timeouts for different modes (instead of defaulting to whatever it is in the Screen & Lock settings).
    I will add the timeout setting for 1.1.0. Currently busy with updating advanced app launcher configuration patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I will add the timeout setting for 1.1.0. Currently busy with updating advanced app launcher configuration patch.
    Hey guys, this is a related topic, but Sconix is being somewhat modest above when he says that he's updating the app launcher configuration patch.

He's adding the ability to hide apps and to rename apps! These are great features that lots of folks here on PreCentral have been hoping for. The updated patch should be available soon. A few more details are available via this post.

If you use Mode Switcher and depend on it like I do, I hope you have taken time to donate to support Sconix's great work. If you're interested in this new patch, that's another good reason to donate (link below).

Rob

P.S. I don't have any connection at all to Sconix. He's in Finland, and I'm in Tennessee. (Well, this week I'm in California, but that's another story...) He's super responsive and does great work. Please support this effort!
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    I'm also going against my own post when I say this, but you guys are going to be drooling over sconix's update to the Advanced App Launcher Patch.

When I say drooling, I mean literal drool is going to be dripping down the sides of your slack jaw that is open in amazement.

I'm also going to put in another plug for clicking the ads on the manual site. I was apprehensive about their usefulness, but in a short 2 days since MS was released, they have already brought in ~$50. If you are not in a position to make a financial donation directly to sconix, do your part and click the ads, because they do help.
    I did a full restart ... Seems to have cleared up all of my slowdown problems. Woohoo!
    Update: Mode Switcher now has an Official Twitter Feed: @modeswitcher

At the very least, it will be used to notify when updates are pushed. Maybe more...
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    It goes without saying, but... you rule.
    SO.MUCH.****ING. WIN!

This is awesome, excuse my french! Donation on the way. All I need now is a App Name Editor (some apps are poorly named, others are too long!)
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokidinsf View Post
    SO.MUCH.****ING. WIN!

This is awesome, excuse my french! Donation on the way. All I need now is a App Name Editor (some apps are poorly named, others are too long!)
    If you are only after renaming in the app launcher, wont be needing an app editor only the upcoming updated patch of advanced launcher configuration Will release on Friday it has the ability to rename the apps in the launcher as stated on above posts
    Congrats on your creativity and ingenuity. A wonderful application that allows a user to derive more value and utility from the Palm Pre. I donated 10 Euros.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    Hey guys, this is a related topic, but Sconix is being somewhat modest above when he says that he's updating the app launcher configuration patch.

He's adding the ability to hide apps and to rename apps! These are great features that lots of folks here on PreCentral have been hoping for. The updated patch should be available soon. A few more details are available via this post.

If you use Mode Switcher and depend on it like I do, I hope you have taken time to donate to support Sconix's great work. If you're interested in this new patch, that's another good reason to donate (link below).

Rob

P.S. I don't have any connection at all to Sconix. He's in Finland, and I'm in Tennessee. (Well, this week I'm in California, but that's another story...) He's super responsive and does great work. Please support this effort!
    Thank you for making this clear, I wasn't sure what "updating the launcher patch" meant. Sconix, this is amazing.
    I'm having trouble with airplane mode. It seems to get stuck 'turning on' or 'turning off airplane mode'. This happens when I manually turn on airplane mode and when I try to get a modeswitcher mode to turn it on or off. Is this worth trying to replicate and let you know when it happens?

I also have the 'searching...' problem, along with when I hit the launcher button, the launcher won't display even though the launcher app menu is displaying (upper left corner). I'm running 1.4.5 on Sprint. Did I install the wrong patch?

Sorry for all these random issues... I'm not a very good tester I'm afraid. I'll try to replicate the problems better so you know what I'm talking about.
    Congratulations for this graet app! Just 2 questions: Is there any way to avoid the system-sound when changing a mode? I don't want to wake up each time...
    And how can I delete modes, that are exportet to the app launcher?
    Thanks a lot for helping!
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomsens View Post
    I'm having trouble with airplane mode. It seems to get stuck 'turning on' or 'turning off airplane mode'. This happens when I manually turn on airplane mode and when I try to get a modeswitcher mode to turn it on or off. Is this worth trying to replicate and let you know when it happens?

I also have the 'searching...' problem, along with when I hit the launcher button, the launcher won't display even though the launcher app menu is displaying (upper left corner). I'm running 1.4.5 on Sprint. Did I install the wrong patch?

Sorry for all these random issues... I'm not a very good tester I'm afraid. I'll try to replicate the problems better so you know what I'm talking about.
    Its the one and same problem in both cases. The latest system menu patches really should fix this problem. Or then in your case there has to be something different happening on those situations and my patch just don't know that it should update the state on the top bar. I will watch the patch through once more to see if I have missed something. At least I can not get this to happen any more for me so its a bit hard to find the reason.
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry35 View Post
    Congratulations for this graet app! Just 2 questions: Is there any way to avoid the system-sound when changing a mode? I don't want to wake up each time...
    And how can I delete modes, that are exportet to the app launcher?
    Thanks a lot for helping!
    I would need to look into the popup that can the sound be disabled or not. For now just set the mode to start immediately so no popup hence no sound.

Modes can be deleted as any other item in app launcher (gesture+tap or if that patch is not installed then orange+tap).
    Finally I get to use this app!

I'm still struggling a little with some of the terminology...but I'll get there.

Maybe this has been brought up already...but say I want my email and messaging apps to automatically open in the morning when I remove my Pixi from the touchstone charger. If possible, how would that be accomplished?
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Finally I get to use this app!

I'm still struggling a little with some of the terminology...but I'll get there.

Maybe this has been brought up already...but say I want my email and messaging apps to automatically open in the morning when I remove my Pixi from the touchstone charger. If possible, how would that be accomplished?
    The manual explains all the basics. In short just create a mode thats active when phone in touchstone charger (charger trigger) and set it to start the apps you want on mode close.
Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast