Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53585960616263
Results 1,241 to 1,246 of 1246
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    795 Global Posts
    Well, that did not work, either. Same error message as before. Any chance that the Meta-Doctor used for my conversion is wonky somehow? BTW, I did not delete those files, since it didn't work.

Any other suggestions? (Thanks for your patience and persistence!)

Edit: FYI - WOSQI commandline was just fine.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  2.    #1242  
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Well, that did not work, either. Same error message as before. Any chance that the Meta-Doctor used for my conversion is wonky somehow? BTW, I did not delete those files, since it didn't work.

Any other suggestions? (Thanks for your patience and persistence!)
    Well with those everything should be set up correctly. I would need to see your /var/log/messages file to be able to say more about what could be wrong. You could copy it in terminal with: cp /var/log/messages /media/internal/messages.txt

And then attach it into email and send it to scorpio.iix at gmail.com

But do the copying of the file after you have tried to start MS so I can see the error from the starting of MS.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hello!

How will I use this app if I want to put my phone into silent mode without using the silent button (or switch).

I am having a hard time using this app

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Salegumba View Post
    Hello!

How will I use this app if I want to put my phone into silent mode without using the silent button (or switch).

I am having a hard time using this app

Thank you!
    Hi Matthew. Is there a certain trigger you want to set to put your phone in silent mode? Say, every time it's on the Touchstone, not on the Touchstone, connected to Bluetooth, or connected to wifi?

If not, you can always set it to switch manually.

I would edit your Default Mode, go to Settings, and add a setting for Sounds and possibly Ringtone too. Set those for your normal non-silent mode.

Then add a Custom Mode. Name it Silent. Mode type: Modifier. Go into settings and add settings for Sounds and Ringtone and set them however you like for silent mode.

If you want to set up a trigger for when you want silent mode to turn on automatically, add a trigger. If you'd prefer to only change it manually (do you have a broken silent switch?), you may want to look into the related patches for the ability to switch modes with a menu: 08b. Patches - Mode Switcher Manual

That ought to get you started on the right track. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    My new Pre3 loses control of the top bar, and instead of the carrier it just displays "network search" forever, despite working, meaning I can make and receive calls. After many attempts, MANY attempts, to try and find out where the problem was, I found out that is Mode Switcher, even without the system mode patch installed if I set Mode Switcher to ON the phone will just lose control of the top bar. Is this repairable? And if it's not, any alternative to Mode Switcher? (Profiles won't install and not even sure is an alternative).
    Shame though, Mode Switcher worked great on my previous Pre3.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Sorry for the delay I was unable to get on the site since december. For the Pre3 you need to use Mode Switcher 2.x not 1.x