Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1246
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1181  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    Been trying to figure this out on my own (and searching) but haven't succeeded yet....

    I have a normal mode called "RadiosOn". My intention is to use this to turn all the radios on when they get kinda out of sync. Anyway, I have this one configured to start/end "Only Manually". When the phone is in airplane mode and then I place it on the charger, the mode starts and the phone radios get turned on. The "Only Manually" is being ignored. No banners, no notifications at all - just a mode change and I have the menu patch installed so I can see in the top left pulldown menu that it changed to "RadiosOn" (it was in default).

    To try and hammer this into submission, I added a WiFi trigger to trigger this mode when its connected to a network called "999" (which I should NEVER EVER see). That didn't do anything to help. This mode just keeps getting activated when its put on a touchstone. I've even deleted the mode and recreated it (with a new mode name - just in case) and no difference.

    Any ideas?

    On an unrelated note, when a mode closes it would be nice to see Mode Switcher put settings back to the way they were before the mode started. Maybe that's a tall order to keep track of things (not sure). For example, when I have a GPS trigger I want to turn off bluetooth at that location. When I leave the location - put the setting back to whatever it was before (bluetooth enabled). I know that the default mode could be configured for "bluetooth enabled" but I've see default mode getting triggered when closing mode switcher and if I am using the phone at night (in airplane mode) then having default mode get triggered will turn on the bluetooth radio. Anyway, something to think about. There are other scenarios I can think of where "put it back the way it was" would be handy.

    Awesome application! Thank you SO MUCH!

    Gerry
    First are you really talking about MS 1.x?

    Then if you are really talking about MS 1.x, the development on that has been stopped, although I am 99% sure that there was no bug concerning the only manually being ignored it just should not be possible. You would have to have MS app etc. that starts/triggers the mode for it to happen otherwise it should not be possible.

    The put settings back feature definitely is not possible in MS 1.x / WebOS 1.x since the mode changing is already slow as hell, keeping track of the settings would slow it even more. With MS 2.x and WebOS 2.x it might be, but I haven't tried this again yet because I am not happy with the bugs in WebOS. Adding more stuff into mode changes just would make them more fragile. Once WebOS 2.x matures a bit I plan to do some tests to see if storing the settings state would be viable option.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2. #1182  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its not just your phone, many users have the same problem. Its a WebOS / driver bug as far as I know and its bit phone dependand how often the driver crashes. So if you experience it often the only option is leave out the wifi/3g setting from MS to avoid problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes all radio settings (bt,wifi,3g) seem to be plagued by the webos bug that they don't always change for some users and for some the driver even crashes needing the reboot. Nothing that I can do this for MS, I use the same service request for changing state as the device menu. Not sure why MS brings this WebOS bug forward though, but have tried all the workarounds for this bug in MS 1.x when I was experiencing this issue without any success. Not experiencing it in with my pre2 / MS 2.x so haven't been able to test if theres something I could do in MS 2.x, but I know that for some even MS 2.x causes the exact same problem, not sure if its pre- related though.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    I have been using Mode Switcher 1.x for a while and it is great.

    But I have run into a problem. I tried to set up a modifier mode that included changing my data to 2G. It completely disabled my data connection and changing modes doesn't seem to do anything for the connection now. So I turned off/on data usage and that didn't help. So I turned off/on phone services and that didn't help. I rebooted a few times and still no data. I put in the evdo hash code and got 1xRTT working, but still can't get 3G.

    Any suggestions?

    EDIT: Nevermind. I never tried turning Mode Switcher off before using evdo hash code. I got my 3G back.

    BTW, the easiest solution to this problem with 2G-3G mode switching, is to set the mode up to launch the Phone app and dial ##3836# automatically. Now when you launch the mode, it just takes one extra quick step. Boom, mitigated.

    I love Mode Switcher. Thanks
    Uggggh, been using Mode Switcher for a while now on Sprint webOS 1.4.5 for a long time now, and have loved it. I just ran into the 'no data connection' problem 2 days ago while reconfiguring some modes. I'm not sure how to get my phone data connection back. The last quote above mentions using an EVDO 'hash code'? I'm not sure what that is.
    1) I assume I need to do the hash code thing, yes?
    2) I've tried uninstalling the Mode Switcher (and reinstalling) via Preware and it 'uninstalls', but the Modes are still visible in my patched 'Mode Menu' pull down menus. Do I need to uninstall further patches to get these removed? Is there the chance that this is causing me not to get my data connection back when attempting to reinstall Mode Switcher?

    Thanks for any feedback from users/author
  3.    #1183  
    Quote Originally Posted by visigothwarrior View Post
    Uggggh, been using Mode Switcher for a while now on Sprint webOS 1.4.5 for a long time now, and have loved it. I just ran into the 'no data connection' problem 2 days ago while reconfiguring some modes. I'm not sure how to get my phone data connection back. The last quote above mentions using an EVDO 'hash code'? I'm not sure what that is.
    1) I assume I need to do the hash code thing, yes?
    2) I've tried uninstalling the Mode Switcher (and reinstalling) via Preware and it 'uninstalls', but the Modes are still visible in my patched 'Mode Menu' pull down menus. Do I need to uninstall further patches to get these removed? Is there the chance that this is causing me not to get my data connection back when attempting to reinstall Mode Switcher?

    Thanks for any feedback from users/author
    1) I have no idea about the data connection problems, their cause nor how to fix them, all I know that MS is not fault for them. MS uses the exact same api to request data connection state as the phone preferences app. The driver problem in WebOS that I have seen will always get fixed with simple reboot.

    2) MS 1.x configuration isn't deleted uninstall, but it does not have any effect for your system. You can remove your modes (configuration) from the app itself before you uninstall. And as said having MS installed or uninstalled etc. nothing has any effect on your data connection problem. Of course its better keep MS disabled while trying to figure out the problem just so that the setting does not get touched by MS for example while system boot. Having MS disabled is enough, uninstalling is not needed since when disabled MS has zero effect on the system.

    Sorry that I can not help with your problem, have never seen it myself although I never have forced my network to 2g only.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4. #1184  
    I think my problem is with Mode Switcher, but maybe not...

    Verizon Palm Pre Plus, WebOS 1.4.5.1.

    Sometime last year, I loaded Mode Switcher. I THINK I set a mode that turns off the phone radio late at night, then turns it back on in the morning.

    But that behavior caused problems for me when traveling overseas, so I THINK I tried to cancel it. But behavior continues. So I uninstalled Mode Switcher, thinking that would solve the problem. But it didn't -- behavior continues. I've now RE-installed MS, but still can't find the problem (I find MS hard to understand, so it's quite possible the switches are there and I'm just not understanding it).

    I've also got a problem with the re-installed MS -- when I tried to reinstall the Advanced System Menu patch, I CAN'T FIND IT! Preware isn't showing me the patch when I search for it. Should I be searching through some other mechanism?

    Any advice welcomed.

    Thanks.
    Verizon Palm Pre+, Palm WebOS 1.4.5
  5. #1185  
    did you download the battery saver app? This might be shutting off the phones radio
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  6.    #1186  
    Quote Originally Posted by blewenstein View Post
    I think my problem is with Mode Switcher, but maybe not...

    Verizon Palm Pre Plus, WebOS 1.4.5.1.

    Sometime last year, I loaded Mode Switcher. I THINK I set a mode that turns off the phone radio late at night, then turns it back on in the morning.

    But that behavior caused problems for me when traveling overseas, so I THINK I tried to cancel it. But behavior continues. So I uninstalled Mode Switcher, thinking that would solve the problem. But it didn't -- behavior continues. I've now RE-installed MS, but still can't find the problem (I find MS hard to understand, so it's quite possible the switches are there and I'm just not understanding it).

    I've also got a problem with the re-installed MS -- when I tried to reinstall the Advanced System Menu patch, I CAN'T FIND IT! Preware isn't showing me the patch when I search for it. Should I be searching through some other mechanism?

    Any advice welcomed.

    Thanks.
    Well if it happens when MS is not installed or deactivated then naturally its not MS that is causing the behavior.
  7. #1187  
    Hey Sconix --

    I'm wondering if you (or others) have been using the charger trigger orientation recently. I have actually only ever used the "Any" orientation setting for my Overnight (normal) mode, but I recently have been working late some nights and I'd rather my Pre2 not go into overnight mode when until I am actually going to sleep, so I figured I would change the overnight mode to be triggered only in a certain orientation (up). I did change the trigger, but no orientation seems to work -- it never goes into overnight mode (I have tried all four possibilities).... I can run some more detailed tests and send you the logs, but I figured I'd ask first to see if you or others are successfully using the TS trigger (with orientation set). Changing the orientation back to "Any" always fixes the issue.

    Best,

    JG
  8. #1188  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Sconix --

    I'm wondering if you (or others) have been using the charger trigger orientation recently. I have actually only ever used the "Any" orientation setting for my Overnight (normal) mode, but I recently have been working late some nights and I'd rather my Pre2 not go into overnight mode when until I am actually going to sleep, so I figured I would change the overnight mode to be triggered only in a certain orientation (up). I did change the trigger, but no orientation seems to work -- it never goes into overnight mode (I have tried all four possibilities).... I can run some more detailed tests and send you the logs, but I figured I'd ask first to see if you or others are successfully using the TS trigger (with orientation set). Changing the orientation back to "Any" always fixes the issue.

    Best,

    JG
    Are you running MS 1.x on your Pre2 or did you just post in the wrong thread and mean this post for the 2.x thread? I wanted to make sure before I move the post...

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  9. #1189  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    did you download the battery saver app? This might be shutting off the phones radio
    Bingo! That's it. Thanks so much.
    Verizon Palm Pre+, Palm WebOS 1.4.5
  10. #1190  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well if it happens when MS is not installed or deactivated then naturally its not MS that is causing the behavior.
    That thought DID occur to me :-). But I just couldn't remember what else I might have loaded that would have done this.

    Mespiff/Rob Chilcott, however, has spotted the culprit! Now I've turned off Battery Saver.

    Thanks, and sorry for any implied criticism of MS.

    Bruce
    Verizon Palm Pre+, Palm WebOS 1.4.5
  11. #1191  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Are you running MS 1.x on your Pre2 or did you just post in the wrong thread and mean this post for the 2.x thread? I wanted to make sure before I move the post...
    My bad. This is definitely a MS 2.x question. I forgot the 1.x thread is still active (it's on my saved thread list -- not any longer though)... I'd appreciate if you move it or I'm happy to post myself over there.
  12. #1192  
    First of all thanks to sconix and others who have made MS an awesome app. I can't believe I just installed it on my Sprint Pre-. How did I get by for a year and a half without it? Anyway, one of my favorite uses is changing security to no pin required in certain locations. This works very well for me at home and at a few friends' houses. But at work we have a nasty filtered corporate firewall, and I don't want to use WiFi for my data. Has anyone somehow used a WiFi trigger while still channeling data through a cell network? Any other ideas on how I can set a work mode? I tried using a GPS trigger, but leaving GPS on sucked my battery away in no time. Any other ideas?
  13. #1193  
    I have downloaded it on my Pre 2 but have no idea how to use it. It is too complicated.

    How do I set the wifi to switch on when an app requires it and switch off when not needed?
  14.    #1194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazaam View Post
    I have downloaded it on my Pre 2 but have no idea how to use it. It is too complicated.

    How do I set the wifi to switch on when an app requires it and switch off when not needed?
    You might want to post in the correct thread, there is separate thread for MS 2.x. The "normal user UI" is coming for MS 3.x that should be much more easier to get by new users. But already the bundled help text should give you idea of diferent options and the manual for MS 1.x still applies for most parts for the MS 2.x. The wiki for 2.x is on its way to be updated to have usage instructions as well.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  15. Speebs's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #1195  
    Sconix, is it possible to add a delay after a mode close is triggered but before it is actually closed? I can't figure out a way to do it. My setup automatically closes "car mode" when it disconnects from my bluetooth profile, but I want to build in a delay before that it actually closes the mode, in case I am only away from the car for a few minutes.
  16. #1196  
    So here are a couple of my issues:
    I have a mode set up for when I "disconnect from" my home network which I typed in the SSID. Unfortunately every time I disconnect from any SSID the mode attempts to switch - even if I disconnect from the one at work which has a completely different SSID.
    I also have the "disconnect from" wireless set to have a 60 second delay. Am I wrong in thinking that this 60 second delay is to wait 60 seconds and verify that the connection is no longer before commencing the switch?

    I also have my default mode for bluetooth connectivity set to "Do not set", but yet even if bluetooth is off when it switches to default mode, it will often attempt to turn the bluetooth on.
  17. #1197  
    Hello man

    big job you did with this tool !!!

    Just one quetsion, do you have a repository where some templates config are stored (home, night, car ... )

    I will appreciate this in order to start from these templates ...

    thanks in advance

    pat
  18.    #1198  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Sconix, is it possible to add a delay after a mode close is triggered but before it is actually closed? I can't figure out a way to do it. My setup automatically closes "car mode" when it disconnects from my bluetooth profile, but I want to build in a delay before that it actually closes the mode, in case I am only away from the car for a few minutes.
    Not possible with MS 1.x, the only way to do this is to use the mode popup so that you can cancel the mode change by yourself when you don't want it.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19.    #1199  
    Quote Originally Posted by Patthay View Post
    Hello man

    big job you did with this tool !!!

    Just one quetsion, do you have a repository where some templates config are stored (home, night, car ... )

    I will appreciate this in order to start from these templates ...

    thanks in advance

    pat
    Not for MS 1.x, but if you have MS 2.x then there is a repository and it can be accessed just from the import modes menu by showing the shared ones and you get the list of modes that exist in the repository.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20.    #1200  
    Quote Originally Posted by clemsongt View Post
    So here are a couple of my issues:
    I have a mode set up for when I "disconnect from" my home network which I typed in the SSID. Unfortunately every time I disconnect from any SSID the mode attempts to switch - even if I disconnect from the one at work which has a completely different SSID.
    I also have the "disconnect from" wireless set to have a 60 second delay. Am I wrong in thinking that this 60 second delay is to wait 60 seconds and verify that the connection is no longer before commencing the switch?

    I also have my default mode for bluetooth connectivity set to "Do not set", but yet even if bluetooth is off when it switches to default mode, it will often attempt to turn the bluetooth on.
    I think you have understood wrongly how the triggers work. So you have configured the trigger to be active when Wifi is disconnected from the network with a specific ssid so yes it gets actived when its not connected to that network, not when it gets disconnected from that network. So you need to configure it differently, not sure what you are after so can not say how. If you want the mode to be active in all other network than in that then you need to add another wifi trigger, if you only want mode to be activated when disconnected from that specific network then you need to make the mode that is active when connected to that to start another mode when closed.

    I can't remember anymore how the delays worked with MS 1.x but I know that they worked bit "oddly" due to some limitations in MS 1.x. So it might be that they don't work in your situation, but at least they should work in the basic situation and they should work so that when disconnected it should not do anything but check the state after the delay and if its still the same than when triggered then actually do the triggering. If its not working then you are out of luck I have ended updating MS 1.x since the code has changed completely for MS 2.x thanks to JSJSJS $services$ $in$ $webOS$ $2$.$x$ $so$ $maintaining$ $both$ $would$ $be$ $too$ $much$ $of$ $a$ $burden$.

    You have to have bluetooth on in some mode that gets activated or MS wont be issuing the request for turning bluetooth on or then you have found a new bug that I was not aware of when I stopped supporting MS 1.x, at least no one reported such a bug.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Posting Permissions