Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 94954555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1246
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    There is a thread here for sharing MS modes. Maybe that will suffice for now?

It's a start. I'm going to go and post my modes and hope that it sparks more people to begin posting their modes. I'm sure I'm missing the power of mode switcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    It's a start. I'm going to go and post my modes and hope that it sparks more people to begin posting their modes. I'm sure I'm missing the power of mode switcher.
    Well MS 1.x is very powerful and can do many things. MS 2.x pushes it even further.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well MS 1.x is very powerful and can do many things. MS 2.x pushes it even further.
    Pre 3.....where are you?

BTW, I added four modes to the list. Hope it's formatted right.
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    Pre 3.....where are you?

BTW, I added four modes to the list. Hope it's formatted right.
    Good start.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I've tried searching through the threads but I couldn't seem to find much about this. But I do apologize if it has been asked already.

Is there anyway to add a trigger that, if there is no phone connection (data/cell) for x amount of time then airplane mode is enabled?
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I've tried searching through the threads but I couldn't seem to find much about this. But I do apologize if it has been asked already.

Is there anyway to add a trigger that, if there is no phone connection (data/cell) for x amount of time then airplane mode is enabled?
    Not that I can find....hopefully somebody else can figure it out?
  7.    #1167  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post

Not currently, I could look into this since I guess this kind of trigger would be possible.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I just installed MS for the first time. I have a touchstone in my car, and MS was the last thing I needed to make it behave perfectly.

Now when I put my phone on the touchstone in the car the brightness goes to 100%, it turns on bluetooth (to stream to my stereo) and opens koto player.

Now I'm really excited for MS 2.x. Thanks Sconix.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    ModeSwitcher is so powerful and added so much to the platform, it should have been dubbed WebOS 2.x, and WebOS named something else.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi sconix,

I currently have 20+ modes on ModeSwitcher 1.x, a lot of them are triggered automatically, and some of them manually from time to time.
    It is sometimes difficult for me to remind in a glimpse what a specific mode I created months ago does.
    I would find it useful to have a text field associated with each mode, in wich I could just write a little summarry of what the mode does and for wich situation it id used.
    Coul you add this to MS 2.0?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  11.    #1171  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi sconix,

I currently have 20+ modes on ModeSwitcher 1.x, a lot of them are triggered automatically, and some of them manually from time to time.
    It is sometimes difficult for me to remind in a glimpse what a specific mode I created months ago does.
    I would find it useful to have a text field associated with each mode, in wich I could just write a little summarry of what the mode does and for wich situation it id used.
    Coul you add this to MS 2.0?
    I think about the best way to resolve this kind of issue and add some kind of solution at some point.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hi sconix, i absolutely love MS, but i have an issue with it on my pre plus: once in three mode switchings / mode activations the data (wi-fi / 3g) isn't updated - neither the symbol appears nor do i have a data connection. switching modes, acitvating default mode, deactivating mode switcher, nothing helps when this happens, only a device restart will solve it. any idea what is going wrong with my phone?
  13.    #1173  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihatsu View Post
    Hi sconix, i absolutely love MS, but i have an issue with it on my pre plus: once in three mode switchings / mode activations the data (wi-fi / 3g) isn't updated - neither the symbol appears nor do i have a data connection. switching modes, acitvating default mode, deactivating mode switcher, nothing helps when this happens, only a device restart will solve it. any idea what is going wrong with my phone?
    Its not just your phone, many users have the same problem. Its a WebOS / driver bug as far as I know and its bit phone dependand how often the driver crashes. So if you experience it often the only option is leave out the wifi/3g setting from MS to avoid problems.
    i'm running into an issue more and more lately that i don't think is caused by MS, but i'm asking here since those of us who use MS switch modes often, which is when this problem happens, so i figure if anyone else is seeing it, it would be among us.

basically, have a home mode that changes phone to 'forced roam'. when this is done, about half the time, the phone radio has an 'X' appear overlying the signal bars and does not work. of this 50%, 10% of time i can fix it by going in/out of 'airplane mode' two or three times. the other 90%, i have to restart device.

is anyone else seeing this? sconix, i'll go ahead and send a log even tho i don't think it is due to MS, but maybe you'll see something that might be important.
    Last edited by everette13; 04/29/2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Download link? From web I get "file not found" ??
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its not just your phone, many users have the same problem. Its a WebOS / driver bug as far as I know and its bit phone dependand how often the driver crashes. So if you experience it often the only option is leave out the wifi/3g setting from MS to avoid problems.

this happens from time to time on my device also.. and not only with 3G, but also with BT.

the 3G issue can be solved by manualy disabling the phone connection (phone offline) and again re enabling it. Then the phone goes on and the 3G as well...

But this doesnt help with the BT. Sometimes in the car it tries to connect and tries and tries... then the only solution is to reboot :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifossis View Post
    Download link? From web I get "file not found" ??
    Not exactly sure what your after, but... if you are referring to downloading/installing Mode Switcher, the wiki has that information.

18.    #1178  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    this happens from time to time on my device also.. and not only with 3G, but also with BT.

the 3G issue can be solved by manualy disabling the phone connection (phone offline) and again re enabling it. Then the phone goes on and the 3G as well...

But this doesnt help with the BT. Sometimes in the car it tries to connect and tries and tries... then the only solution is to reboot :-(
    Yes all radio settings (bt,wifi,3g) seem to be plagued by the webos bug that they don't always change for some users and for some the driver even crashes needing the reboot. Nothing that I can do this for MS, I use the same service request for changing state as the device menu. Not sure why MS brings this WebOS bug forward though, but have tried all the workarounds for this bug in MS 1.x when I was experiencing this issue without any success. Not experiencing it in with my pre2 / MS 2.x so haven't been able to test if theres something I could do in MS 2.x, but I know that for some even MS 2.x causes the exact same problem, not sure if its pre- related though.
    I have been using Mode Switcher 1.x for a while and it is great.

But I have run into a problem. I tried to set up a modifier mode that included changing my data to 2G. It completely disabled my data connection and changing modes doesn't seem to do anything for the connection now. So I turned off/on data usage and that didn't help. So I turned off/on phone services and that didn't help. I rebooted a few times and still no data. I put in the evdo hash code and got 1xRTT working, but still can't get 3G.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind. I never tried turning Mode Switcher off before using evdo hash code. I got my 3G back.

BTW, the easiest solution to this problem with 2G-3G mode switching, is to set the mode up to launch the Phone app and dial ##3836# automatically. Now when you launch the mode, it just takes one extra quick step. Boom, mitigated.

I love Mode Switcher. Thanks
    Last edited by UnExplanatory; 05/11/2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Been trying to figure this out on my own (and searching) but haven't succeeded yet....

I have a normal mode called "RadiosOn". My intention is to use this to turn all the radios on when they get kinda out of sync. Anyway, I have this one configured to start/end "Only Manually". When the phone is in airplane mode and then I place it on the charger, the mode starts and the phone radios get turned on. The "Only Manually" is being ignored. No banners, no notifications at all - just a mode change and I have the menu patch installed so I can see in the top left pulldown menu that it changed to "RadiosOn" (it was in default).

To try and hammer this into submission, I added a WiFi trigger to trigger this mode when its connected to a network called "999" (which I should NEVER EVER see). That didn't do anything to help. This mode just keeps getting activated when its put on a touchstone. I've even deleted the mode and recreated it (with a new mode name - just in case) and no difference.

Any ideas?

On an unrelated note, when a mode closes it would be nice to see Mode Switcher put settings back to the way they were before the mode started. Maybe that's a tall order to keep track of things (not sure). For example, when I have a GPS trigger I want to turn off bluetooth at that location. When I leave the location - put the setting back to whatever it was before (bluetooth enabled). I know that the default mode could be configured for "bluetooth enabled" but I've see default mode getting triggered when closing mode switcher and if I am using the phone at night (in airplane mode) then having default mode get triggered will turn on the bluetooth radio. Anyway, something to think about. There are other scenarios I can think of where "put it back the way it was" would be handy.

Awesome application! Thank you SO MUCH!

Gerry