Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8485354555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1246
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #1141  
    I thought "Delay" operated after the trigger left. E.g. act like the trigger has been around for 60 seconds after it's actually gone. But I can certainly try that.

    Also, I have no difficulty getting either wifi or bt to enable and disable using other triggers. Just having trouble with the display state trigger. I have been (thus far) unable to get it to trigger a mode. And for testing purposes, I just tried triggering that same mode with a charger event trigger and it worked exactly as I would expect. That suggests that my ignorance is around how to correctly use display state. Hence my question: is there something special that I have to do to get it to work?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  2. #1142  
    Hi,

    I have a Palm Pre plus 2 Rogers and when i make mode switcher try to change wallpapers, it doesn't seem to work. The picture is in .PNG format and is labeled wall.png.

    making Mode Switcher change to one of the stock palm wallpapers works, but not ones i have downloaded.

    Is it just a limitation of the program?
  3.    #1143  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcanngo View Post
    Hi,

    I have a Palm Pre plus 2 Rogers and when i make mode switcher try to change wallpapers, it doesn't seem to work. The picture is in .PNG format and is labeled wall.png.

    making Mode Switcher change to one of the stock palm wallpapers works, but not ones i have downloaded.

    Is it just a limitation of the program?
    If you have WebOS 2.x then MS 1.x wont fully work on it (only about half of the features). If you still have 1.4.x then it might be a bug, but I have moved my efforts into MS 2.0 which should be out for public testing after next week. It will be WebOS 2.x only.

    I guess it should work if you once select the picture as a wallpaper in the screenlock app. After that it should be just like the stock wallpapers.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4. #1144  
    Thank you for the quick reply!

    Yes, i have OS 2.1 right now. And to clarify, i'm using a Pre 2.

    I will wait for your MS 2.x.

    Thank you very much.
  5. #1145  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I guess it should work if you once select the picture as a wallpaper in the screenlock app.
    I didn't thought about this, perhaps I can use Mode Switcher to automatically change wallpaper every hour, something that I love, and that I miss a lot since Switcharoo Free doesn't work on 2.1.

    What would be needed? First, a way to define a mode that is triggered timely. I've seen the "Time interval" trigger, but don't understand it. It has "Interval" and "Active" options, and both can be set from zero to twenty four. But I expected something like "every 60 minutes, from 8:00 to 22:00".

    Also, a new option for wallpaper, in the screen settings, would be needed: Instead of "Pick" for a single wallpaper, have a "Next", that picks the next one. And perhaps even "Random" option.
  6. #1146  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    but I have moved my efforts into MS 2.0 which should be out for public testing after next week. It will be WebOS 2.x only.
    How will that be distributed? Preware, or by a custom feed or on here?
  7.    #1147  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    I didn't thought about this, perhaps I can use Mode Switcher to automatically change wallpaper every hour, something that I love, and that I miss a lot since Switcharoo Free doesn't work on 2.1.

    What would be needed? First, a way to define a mode that is triggered timely. I've seen the "Time interval" trigger, but don't understand it. It has "Interval" and "Active" options, and both can be set from zero to twenty four. But I expected something like "every 60 minutes, from 8:00 to 22:00".

    Also, a new option for wallpaper, in the screen settings, would be needed: Instead of "Pick" for a single wallpaper, have a "Next", that picks the next one. And perhaps even "Random" option.
    The active is for how long the mode is active once it gets activated after the interval. I could come up with a extension that allows random wallpaper selecting from certain folder for example. But it will be sometime before I get to these new feature additions.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8.    #1148  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    How will that be distributed? Preware, or by a custom feed or on here?
    The beta will go into WebOS-Internals testing feed. And then on the public feed at some point.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. #1149  
    Is there any plans to get the patch "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" working for 2.1? I can deal with the notification at the bottom, but I'd rather not. I just discovered this "app" the other day and I'm liking it so far, seems to be saving me a bit of battery life during the course of my work day.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  10.    #1150  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Is there any plans to get the patch "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" working for 2.1? I can deal with the notification at the bottom, but I'd rather not. I just discovered this "app" the other day and I'm liking it so far, seems to be saving me a bit of battery life during the course of my work day.
    Working version of the patch was posted in this thread while a go. It wont be going to Preware since many of the features wont work in WebOS 2.x. MS 2.0 is on its way for public release and it wont need any patch for operation, but patches will give it more features.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11. #1151  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Is there any plans to get the patch "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" working for 2.1? I can deal with the notification at the bottom, but I'd rather not. I just discovered this "app" the other day and I'm liking it so far, seems to be saving me a bit of battery life during the course of my work day.
    Mode Switcher 2 does not require that patch.

    MS 1.x is not meant for webOS 2.x anyway since over half the features won't work correctly.

    The beta for MS 2 will be out soon. Just hang on for that.
  12. #1152  
    Ok thanks for the replies. Looks like I'm running the 1.x version on 2.1. I didn't read this thread at all, I found this one here it does seem to work for me a bit though. I only set up the first group (Data On Demand) it did seem to save a bit of juice for me. I'll use it for the time being until 2.x comes out.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  13. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #1153  
    Hi: I'm running MS 1.0.9 on WebOS 2.1 on a Pre Plus, while I'm waiting for the public beta.

    Just finished tracking down some weird behavior and wanted to note it down for Sconix in case it helps in development in anyway:

    When MS went into my night mode, the battery would run down even though it was on the Touchstone, the lightning bolt icon was on the battery and the banner notification said it was charging. Govnah stats showed negative amps in the graph. The device would charge normally with the USB cable.

    I finally tracked it down to something left over from some testing I was doing before: My "night" normal mode had: Add Srv/Govnah/SR71 Default...but with no SR71 kernel installed.

    ---

    An unrelated question:
    When I do a Luna or Full Device boot, ModeSwitcher launches automatically, even though according to the thread above. I have the Preware-available patch Launch Modeswitcher on Luna Boot for 2.1 "installed", but according to the description, it's just a placeholder. Any ideas why? Is there some sort of scheduled task that is starting it?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  14. #1154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    ...An unrelated question:
    When I do a Luna or Full Device boot, ModeSwitcher launches automatically, even though according to the thread above. I have the Preware-available patch Launch Modeswitcher on Luna Boot for 2.1 "installed", but according to the description, it's just a placeholder. Any ideas why? Is there some sort of scheduled task that is starting it?
    Well that patch and MS 1.x do not work 100% on webOS 2.x and is not supported to work on webOS 2.x either. I wouldn't worry about any problems your having at the moment since MS 2.x will be out soon.

    Sconix is hard at work coding away... (donations help everyone!) and hopes to release it pretty soon.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  15. #1155  
    I have a question. I have done a search through this thread but can't find a link referring to the google groups mentioned in the manual with people's different modes. I have a handful of modes but would love to read in a centralized place all the different modes people are using. If this is in the 58 pages, I've missed it (granted I searched and didn't read every page). Thanks for a wonderful, wonderful app. It gives fresh life to my pre-
  16.    #1156  
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    I have a question. I have done a search through this thread but can't find a link referring to the google groups mentioned in the manual with people's different modes. I have a handful of modes but would love to read in a centralized place all the different modes people are using. If this is in the 58 pages, I've missed it (granted I searched and didn't read every page). Thanks for a wonderful, wonderful app. It gives fresh life to my pre-
    That feature never kinda took off since it did not work as I would have liked it. I.e. it was required for people to click the link for getting access to the shared item which was not handy. I still plan to add better "mode repository" support at some point.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  17. #1157  
    I can't believe this has existed all this time! I'm in awe/heaven. Thanked, donated, thrilled. I so needed this. THANK YOU!
  18. #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    That feature never kinda took off since it did not work as I would have liked it. I.e. it was required for people to click the link for getting access to the shared item which was not handy. I still plan to add better "mode repository" support at some point.

    So right now there is no place where people are sharing their modes so we can all see what power the app has? I for one know that there are some functions I'm not using. The manual mentions the ability to do things before, after modes, etc but I'm not sure how that could be used. It really would be great for people to share their modes so we could all benefit from, to quote Tim Allen, "more power"
  19. #1159  
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime34 View Post
    So right now there is no place where people are sharing their modes so we can all see what power the app has? I for one know that there are some functions I'm not using. The manual mentions the ability to do things before, after modes, etc but I'm not sure how that could be used. It really would be great for people to share their modes so we could all benefit from, to quote Tim Allen, "more power"
    There is a thread here for sharing MS modes. Maybe that will suffice for now?

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  20. #1160  
    Quote Originally Posted by prejones View Post
    I can't believe this has existed all this time! I'm in awe/heaven. Thanked, donated, thrilled. I so needed this. THANK YOU!
    Welcome aboard. Be sure to check out the OP for links to the wiki and manual to get you started.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie

Posting Permissions