Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1246
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1101  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Just loaded up 2.1 on my VZW Pre+ and I am ready to test MS and the Advanced patches, if needed!
    Just drop me email at scorpio.iix at gmail.com and I will send you the info about alpha version. It does not hurt to have more testers.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #1102  
    Unfortunately there is no way to override the sound part of silent switch. WebOS does not allow that. So you need to build your mode without the silent trigger if you want sound.

Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Apologies if this is covered already in this thread, i am unable to search it right now due to a server error (traffic from 2.1 upgrade thread?).

Here is my question/request:
    Is there a way to enable sound when the vibrate switch is set to on (phone is in vibrate mode)?

The use case is: I pretty much always use my phone in the vibrate mode. When i get home i put it on the touchstone to charge. I would like to create a mode that triggers on the TS charge, and enables sound so that i don't miss phone calls, texts, etc.

I tried to do this using a Ringer setting, but the options for the "ringer off" dropdown are only "Do Not Set", "vibrate", and "mute". No "sound enable" option. Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Unfortunately there is no way to override the sound part of silent switch. WebOS does not allow that. So you need to build your mode without the silent trigger if you want sound.
    Too bad... thanks for the reply.
    Just drop me email at scorpio.iix at gmail.com and I will send you the info about alpha version. It does not hurt to have more testers.
    Haven't done a ton of testing of Mode Switcher yet, I have updated to 2.1 on my Sprint Pre(-) and mode switcher doesn't seem to close my apps on exit. I am using the 2.01 patch to load mode switcher on boot. Could u look into? I will do some more testing on my side. Thanks!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    - closing of exact apps started by modes (now closed by name since WebOS does not provide the process id of launched app anymore, will have to see if its possible in 2.1)
    Is this why apps aren't closing on mode exit with webOS 2.1? Is a solution / workaround being planned?

Thanks,
    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  6.    #1106  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Haven't done a ton of testing of Mode Switcher yet, I have updated to 2.1 on my Sprint Pre(-) and mode switcher doesn't seem to close my apps on exit. I am using the 2.01 patch to load mode switcher on boot. Could u look into? I will do some more testing on my side. Thanks!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Mode Switcher 1.x wont work perfectly in WebOS 2.x. For example application closing does not work. MS 2.0 will be fully compatible (actually it only runs in webos 2.x) with WebOS 2.x. Its currently in alpha stage and around the time when 2.1 is out for all devices it should be ready for public beta (i.e. it gets into testing feed). Until that you are out of luck with the problems when running MS 1.x in WebOS 2.x.
    If you need someone to test it on a Sprint device running 2.1.0 let me know. I'm finding it hard to function without Mode Switcher since I upgraded. You really don't know how much you depend on an app until it's gone.
  8.    #1108  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    If you need someone to test it on a Sprint device running 2.1.0 let me know. I'm finding it hard to function without Mode Switcher since I upgraded. You really don't know how much you depend on an app until it's gone.
    I have also updated my sprint dev phone to 2.1.0 so don't really need more testers, but if you want to get access to the alpha just send me an email to: scorpio.iix at gmail.com

The alpha does not have all the features yet, but it has quite good set of those already. I also should have system menu patches for 2.1 ready soon and testers for them would be nice also.
    I have also updated my sprint dev phone to 2.1.0 so don't really need more testers, but if you want to get access to the alpha just send me an email to: scorpio.iix at gmail.com

The alpha does not have all the features yet, but it has quite good set of those already. I also should have system menu patches for 2.1 ready soon and testers for them would be nice also.
    Email sent. Thanks Sconix.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    sent
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Mode Switcher 1.x wont work perfectly in WebOS 2.x.
    Checking right now... I updated my GSM Pre- yesterday to 2.1, and MS was the first thing I wanted to try. But rather than working not perfectly, it doesn't work at all.

Although I have the patch to make MS start with Luna, it seems it doesn't do so: I see a permanent notification icon, as if MS wasn't running really in background. This didn't happen on 1.4.6. Also, the top left menu says MS is disabled, while it's enabled in its settings.

Should I apply for alpha testing the 2.x version?
  12.    #1112  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Checking right now... I updated my GSM Pre- yesterday to 2.1, and MS was the first thing I wanted to try. But rather than working not perfectly, it doesn't work at all.

Although I have the patch to make MS start with Luna, it seems it doesn't do so: I see a permanent notification icon, as if MS wasn't running really in background. This didn't happen on 1.4.6. Also, the top left menu says MS is disabled, while it's enabled in its settings.

Should I apply for alpha testing the 2.x version?
    In 2.0.1 MS worked at some level, haven't tested it in 2.1 since my energy goes to 2.0 version. You can get access to alpha by dropping me an email, but I try to get it into public beta phase within week or two.
    In 2.0.1 MS worked at some level, haven't tested it in 2.1 since my energy goes to 2.0 version.
    Understood.

You can get access to alpha by dropping me an email, but I try to get it into public beta phase within week or two.
    I guess I'll wait for the public beta then. Perhaps it works also on 2.1. So I'll sadly uninstall Mode Switcher 1.x, one of the things that made WebOS 1.4.5 lovely!
  14.    #1114  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Understood.

I guess I'll wait for the public beta then. Perhaps it works also on 2.1. So I'll sadly uninstall Mode Switcher 1.x, one of the things that made WebOS 1.4.5 lovely!
    Yes MS 2.0 works on 2.1 as well. And I try to get it to public beta by the time when 2.1 is out for pre2's as well. Which hopefully is soon.
    i have mode switcher 1.0.9 installed on my pre 2 and to be honest everything i usually do is working great with one exception -- calendar triggers -- they are not there -- i assume that this has to do with the patches will they be there in the future?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  16.    #1116  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i have mode switcher 1.0.9 installed on my pre 2 and to be honest everything i usually do is working great with one exception -- calendar triggers -- they are not there -- i assume that this has to do with the patches will they be there in the future?
    About half of the features of MS 1.x are effected on WebOS 2.0.1. The calendar trigger is one of them. It just does not work in 2.0.1 due to changed API's. MS 2.0 will have all the features of MS 1.x + more and they all will work on WebOS 2.x.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I tried to change one of my email account ringtones recently and it went back to the original. I have noticed when I change it in one mode, then switch modes it is back to the original in any of the other modes. I have MS 1.0.9 on a Sprint Pre- 1.4.5. It doesn't seem to matter which mode I am in when I change it. And just today, I noticed that the setting for my SMS is now set to vibrate (I didn't set it that way) and I can't get it to stay changed back to ringtone.
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor987 View Post
    I tried to change one of my email account ringtones recently and it went back to the original. I have noticed when I change it in one mode, then switch modes it is back to the original in any of the other modes. I have MS 1.0.9 on a Sprint Pre- 1.4.5. It doesn't seem to matter which mode I am in when I change it. And just today, I noticed that the setting for my SMS is now set to vibrate (I didn't set it that way) and I can't get it to stay changed back to ringtone.
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    I have had this issue in the past, when you over work your phone while Mode switcher is running it seems to cause these problems occasionally at least for me anyway.I can tell when it happens because I have an app that opens during my day mode and when I over work it the mode starts over and triggars the app to open. Generally after this happens my settings in that particular mode gets all screwed up.

The fix: Go into that mode and delete that particular setting such as your email or messaging then add it and set it up again that usually does the trick for me.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I have had this issue in the past, when you over work your phone while Mode switcher is running it seems to cause these problems occasionally at least for me anyway.I can tell when it happens because I have an app that opens during my day mode and when I over work it the mode starts over and triggars the app to open. Generally after this happens my settings in that particular mode gets all screwed up.

The fix: Go into that mode and delete that particular setting such as your email or messaging then add it and set it up again that usually does the trick for me.
    thank you very much. That appears to have done the trick
    Although Sconix has told us several times that Mode Switcher can't work well on webOS 2.x (and an specific version is in the works), I like Mode Switcher so much that I've installed again on my 2.1 Pre-, with its accompanying System Menu Mode Menu and corresponding System Menu Framework.

It works partially. Modes can be defined perfectly, and some even do switch, like my "Night" mode (triggered by nighttime or low battery level), and "Car" mode (triggered by Bluetooth connection).

But the "Office" mode won't get switched in by its WiFi trigger. Also, the top left system menu always says "Mode Switcher Disabled", even when it's working. And it only works in dashboard mode, even if I installed the Start on Luna Boot patch.

Regarding that, I've just discovered this funny "/etc/palm/luna.conf" file. It says this, among some more interesting things:

Code:
    [LaunchAtBoot]
    Applications=com.palm.app.phone;com.palm.app.email;com.palm.app.calendar;com.palm.app.messaging;com.palm.app.contacts;com.palm.app.camera
    Can I manually add Mode Switcher there? Or should I stop pretending it works on my phone, and gently ask Sconix for alphatesting the 2.x version?