Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1246
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yes, I am on 1.4.5.
    Until Pre3 is available...
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    @ sconix,
    could you have a look at the UberCalendar thread?
    I just suggested to the developper to add a feature to it, that wouls allow the calendar to display calendars on a mode basis (as possible for Govnah to change the OC settings).
    Perhaps you could help frantid to achieve this?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  3.    #1083  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    @ sconix,
    could you have a look at the UberCalendar thread?
    I just suggested to the developper to add a feature to it, that wouls allow the calendar to display calendars on a mode basis (as possible for Govnah to change the OC settings).
    Perhaps you could help frantid to achieve this?
    The calendar would not need any patching for that. It would be already possible, only MS would need to support that. I can see that being somewhat useful so maybe I add it at some point. But as said, currently I am busy with MS 2.0 which is getting close to being ready, but still have small problem with the way how some settings are handled in WebOS 2.x and I may be required to make a patch for calendar/email at least, for them to get notified when the their prefs are changed by MS. Which is a bit pity since I would have liked to MS 2.0 to not require a patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  4.    #1084  
    I am hopeful that I have the alpha ready during this weekend and therefore I would like to have couple brave alpha testers. Requirements for alpha testers would be in addition to the braveness: 1) willing to test (not use) the app, I mean test different modes with different settings etc., 2) have a Pre2 to test the app on, 3) have the knowledge and willingness to doctor the phone if something goes wrong (should not be needed, but just in case ). So if there is someone that wants to help me to test the MS 2.0 please send me a private message. Having couple alpha testers would save my time for coding. The MS 2.0 should be possible to be installed the same time than MS 1.x, but haven't tested this.

Now about the MS 2.0 changes (please tell me if you think something really important is missing or something you think should be in 2.0 but I have forgot):

Lost features (at least for now):

- delay support in app starting is gone (would like to have this back, but currently don't know how to implement this)
    - closing of exact apps started by modes (now closed by name since WebOS does not provide the process id of launched app anymore, will have to see if its possible in 2.1)
    - all trigger delays are gone (not sure if wanted but I guess app trigger could benefit from delay option, but the same goes for this than delays in app starting that I currently don't know good way to implement this)
    - calendar, email and messaging settings are gone (will be enabled by the adv. sys. prefs patches though)

Advanced features (needs the advanced system prefs patches to be installed):

- enables the email, messaging and calendar settings in MS
    - per account notification configuration for messaging app
    - removes global blink configuration in favor of per account ones
    - adds support for setting screen state when on charger (and maybe when removing from charger)
    - possibly bunch of new settings, but these will be for post 2.0 release

New features:

- screen lock timeout settings controlling
    - possibility to lock mode & toggle modes from the MS configuration app
    - new information dialogs for showing the state of MS in configuration app
    - email & messaging accounts notification controlling (enable/disable)
    - export/import of all modes at once from the main screen
    - export/import settings of single mode (even the default mode)
    - added mode trigger (removed the require option from MS app)
    - new configuration UI for per account settings (email, messaging)
    - exhibition settings (when 2.1 is out)

All features (specially the advanced ones) are not enabled in alpha version and only couple triggers are enabled. This is partly since not all is fully ready, but mainly due to the fact that I want to test the new service core and not the independent features which can just make debugging more difficult. I try to get the MS 2.0 out (or at least public beta) during this month.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just postulated for a free dev Pre 2. I'll be very happy to test if get one.
    (as I understood, MS 2.0 requires Web OS 2.0?)

Hi guys, I hope you can help me again.

I have a mode which saves a lot of power, turning off every radio except phone.
    I called it "night", and thus it has a daily time trigger, from 22:00 to 08:00.
    I'm very happy with it, and have doubled battery life.

Now, I'd love to have it trigger also when battery is low. So I've added a
    second battery level trigger, with upper limit at 30%, and lower at zero. Also,
    the mode requires just one activator.

But the mode doesn't kick in when battery is low. What am I ding wrong? Did I
    misunderstood the upper and lower levels of the battery level trigger?
  7.    #1087  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Hi guys, I hope you can help me again.

I have a mode which saves a lot of power, turning off every radio except phone.
    I called it "night", and thus it has a daily time trigger, from 22:00 to 08:00.
    I'm very happy with it, and have doubled battery life.

Now, I'd love to have it trigger also when battery is low. So I've added a
    second battery level trigger, with upper limit at 30%, and lower at zero. Also,
    the mode requires just one activator.

But the mode doesn't kick in when battery is low. What am I ding wrong? Did I
    misunderstood the upper and lower levels of the battery level trigger?
    You could try to create a simple test mode with only battery trigger to test and experiment. Battery trigger should work, although with webOS 1.4.5 the battery trigger may get ignored if the battery level drops quickly. Since webOS 1.x don't support proper battery level notification MS only gets notified for example in your case if the battery level goes through 30% or 29%, but if the level drops from 31 to 28 MS wont get notified. So battery level trigger wont work if you are doing something "heavy" that draws lots of battery. In WebOS 2.x (and therefore in MS 2.0) the battery level trigger works much better since WebOS 2.x has proper support for battery level notification.
  8.    #1088  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    I just postulated for a free dev Pre 2. I'll be very happy to test if get one.
    (as I understood, MS 2.0 requires Web OS 2.0?)
    Yes MS 2.0 requires WebOS 2.0 since earlier version do not support JSJSJS $services$.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You could try to create a simple test mode with only battery trigger to test and experiment.
    Thankyou very much, Sconix. Guess what? It DOES work. At least yesterday, my night mode kicked in before 22:00, because battery lowered. And I think that explains why it didn't work before: I had set an upper level, but the battery was aready below it.

with webOS 1.4.5 the battery trigger may get ignored if the battery level drops quickly.
    Aha, note taken. Nice explanation (snipped) from you, as always.

WebOS 2.x has proper support for battery level notification.
    Can I plug my plea here for WebOS 2.0 for my original Pre? :-D
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Sconix contact me for beta testing of 2.0

@nergal
    Sonix, I would love to be able to test MS 2 when I receive my VZW Pre 2 (ordered yesterday) I have been using MS for over a year, well before 1.0 was released. If you can use my help let me know and I will tell you as soon as I receive my Pre2. Thanks!
  12.    #1092  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    Sonix, I would love to be able to test MS 2 when I receive my VZW Pre 2 (ordered yesterday) I have been using MS for over a year, well before 1.0 was released. If you can use my help let me know and I will tell you as soon as I receive my Pre2. Thanks!
    I have now two alpha testers and I want to keep the number below 5 so that I can better communicate with the testers. So just send me private message when you have the device and if I still need testers I will send you the info.
    I'd love to test but as a Sprint customer I'm essentially out in the cold, possibly forever.

Just coming to these forums is depressing. Either it's a sense that WebOS is in some ways going backwards, or the strong possibility that I'll be forced into getting an android phone when my Pre dies because HP and Sprint are apparently not good friends.

The only bright side is that my Pre mostly works the way I want it too. The only thing it's missing is MS being able to control the advanced prefs, but I understand that there is no reason to develop for a dead platform (1.4.5).

Oh well.
    I'd love to test but as a Sprint customer I'm essentially out in the cold, possibly forever.

Just coming to these forums is depressing. Either it's a sense that WebOS is in some ways going backwards, or the strong possibility that I'll be forced into getting an android phone when my Pre dies because HP and Sprint are apparently not good friends. The Pre3 looks like the phone I want next, but if it doesn't come to Sprint, I won't be able to get one.

The only bright side is that my Pre mostly works the way I want it too. The only thing it's missing is MS being able to control the advanced prefs, but I understand that there is no reason to develop for a dead platform (1.4.5).

Oh well.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have now two alpha testers and I want to keep the number below 5 so that I can better communicate with the testers. So just send me private message when you have the device and if I still need testers I will send you the info.
    PM sent
  16.    #1096  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post

Just coming to these forums is depressing. Either it's a sense that WebOS is in some ways going backwards, or the strong possibility that I'll be forced into getting an android phone when my Pre dies because HP and Sprint are apparently not good friends. The Pre3 looks like the phone I want next, but if it doesn't come to Sprint, I won't be able to get one.

Oh well.
    But don't worry, at the moment you are not missing much (other than bugs which I hope 2.1 will change) And anyway if it truly will be so that lots of users are left with 1.4.5 then I will port things from MS 2.x into MS 1.x such as those advanced settings most likely. First I want to wait and see how all this turns out since it seems that there still isn't that much verified information available.
    sconix, just got my pre 2 today, still a spot for me to alpha test MS 2?
  18.    #1098  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    sconix, just got my pre 2 today, still a spot for me to alpha test MS 2?
    Would not hurt to have one more so will send you PM with instructions when I have the new package ready, which is later today.
    Apologies if this is covered already in this thread, i am unable to search it right now due to a server error (traffic from 2.1 upgrade thread?).

Here is my question/request:
    Is there a way to enable sound when the vibrate switch is set to on (phone is in vibrate mode)?

The use case is: I pretty much always use my phone in the vibrate mode. When i get home i put it on the touchstone to charge. I would like to create a mode that triggers on the TS charge, and enables sound so that i don't miss phone calls, texts, etc.

I tried to do this using a Ringer setting, but the options for the "ringer off" dropdown are only "Do Not Set", "vibrate", and "mute". No "sound enable" option. Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 02/24/2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: clarification.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Just loaded up 2.1 on my VZW Pre+ and I am ready to test MS and the Advanced patches, if needed!