Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4444950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1246
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1061  
    Small progress report about MS 2.0. The service that controls mode changing is now done. Still have to do the service part that controls triggers and modify the UI to support the new service based core. The new service based approach suits MS very well, the mode changing service is less than 500 lines of code (was at least double with the old application based approach). Also this new implementation allows multiple UI's so if someone wants to implement simple configuration UI for example just to configure app(s) to be started when phone is connected to the charger its now completely possible. So the goal is that MS 2.0 is a small efficient service that can control phone settings, application starting and other services.

One downside for now is that application startup cannot support the delayed starting anymore. Will have to see if I manage to implement something that allows the same, but most likely that feature wont make it to the first release. On the plus side, the delay "hacks" in all of the triggers are gone or at least I hope so, not 100% sure yet since the triggering is not yet fully finished. At least the whole trigger mechanism is much cleaner than with MS 1.x which had to setup the triggers every time when phone was started. Now the triggers are set only once when MS is enabled.

If the coding continues with this pace I am going to need couple brave alpha testers maybe already after one week .
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    sounds good man. Keep up the good work.
    Sounds great. Thanks for the update.

P.S. If you want a "brave alpha tester" just drop me a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If the coding continues with this pace I am going to need couple brave alpha testers maybe already after one week .
    Minimum webOS 2.0?
  5.    #1065  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Minimum webOS 2.0?
    Yes MS 2.0 will require at least webOS 2.0 since earlier versions won't support javascript services. Lets see which one is out first webOS 2.x for all devices or MS 2.0
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Can someone help me out? I have a mode set up for when the Sprint GPS app is active. It switches my messenger status to busy and makes sure the sound is turned up. What I need help figuring out how to do is I would like a mode the will work when the previous mode is active AND it is a certain time to lower the brightness.

Another way to look at it is I want one mode the changes some settings and other one that will change the same settings but also change other settings during a certain time.

Is it easier to just make two modes?
    Quote Originally Posted by SetMonkey13 View Post
    Can someone help me out? I have a mode set up for when the Sprint GPS app is active. It switches my messenger status to busy and makes sure the sound is turned up. What I need help figuring out how to do is I would like a mode the will work when the previous mode is active AND it is a certain time to lower the brightness.

Another way to look at it is I want one mode the changes some settings and other one that will change the same settings but also change other settings during a certain time.

Is it easier to just make two modes?
    Yep! Do it so the second takes over at that certain time.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I created a headphone mode (modifier) that when I plug my headphone, my music app starts playing and it puts the Media Volume at 50%, but the volume thing doesn't seem to work. Can someone help me with that one?
  9.    #1069  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andew View Post
    I created a headphone mode (modifier) that when I plug my headphone, my music app starts playing and it puts the Media Volume at 50%, but the volume thing doesn't seem to work. Can someone help me with that one?
    MS 1.x can only adjust the back speaker media volume and headphones have different media volume profile which MS cannot control at the moment. For MS 2.0 there will be support to set the all media volumes or specific one (haven't decided yet).
  10.    #1070  
    Almost finished with the alpha version of MS 2.0. Still have to convert few trigger extensions to the new format and then start device testing. So don't dare yet to call for alpha testers since from earlier experience I now know that testing the app in the device can bring up new problems Anyway so far so good and hopefully will get the alpha ready during this week.
    relly sorry to post this dumb question, but how can I remove a trigger or delete a mode? I'm on pre2 and the orange button + tap doesn't work, I can drag the entries like icons but does nothing either..

By the way thanks much for this fantastic app!
    -Arnold
  12.    #1072  
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldmoon View Post
    relly sorry to post this dumb question, but how can I remove a trigger or delete a mode? I'm on pre2 and the orange button + tap doesn't work, I can drag the entries like icons but does nothing either..

By the way thanks much for this fantastic app!
    -Arnold
    Just swipe to right to delete (manual also tells this). Just so that you (+ other pre2 users) are aware, WebOS 2.x and MS 1.x wont play 100% nice together. You should not use the on charger display setting (some options will give trouble) and as far as I know the ringer vibrate/sound settings based on switch state wont work on WebOS 2.x (not 100% sure about this since the emulator version is bit different from what is in Pre2). Hopefully public release of MS 2.0 happens within 2-3 weeks. MS 2.0 is a complete rewrite from the core (UI will stay the same for now) and it also fixes couple known bugs and all those above problems with WebOS 2.x and of course allows lots of new cool things in future .
    Just swipe to right to delete (manual also tells this). Just so that you (+ other pre2 users) are aware, WebOS 2.x and MS 1.x wont play 100% nice together. You should not use the on charger display setting (some options will give trouble) and as far as I know the ringer vibrate/sound settings based on switch state wont work on WebOS 2.x (not 100% sure about this since the emulator version is bit different from what is in Pre2). Hopefully public release of MS 2.0 happens within 2-3 weeks. MS 2.0 is a complete rewrite from the core (UI will stay the same for now) and it also fixes couple known bugs and all those above problems with WebOS 2.x and of course allows lots of new cool things in future .
    Wow, Thanks much, I was trying to drag the actual item out. It was more like a flick!

- Arnold
  14.    #1074  
    Still making good progress, but slightly under estimated the needed time for converting all the triggers. So still going to take few days for first alpha. Just for proof that I am making progress couple screenshots below I revised the way how email settings are set as you can see from the screenshot and I have also added few more settings that MS can control. I also added support for exporting / importing all modes at once. When importing bunch of modes the modes are renamed if one exists with the same name. Now also the default mode settings can be exported / imported.

http://wee.e-lnx.org/misc/ms_20_main.jpg

http://wee.e-lnx.org/misc/ms_20_email.jpg
    Last edited by sconix; 02/11/2011 at 06:42 PM.
    Still making good progress, but slightly under estimated the needed time for converting all the triggers. So still going to take few days for first alpha. Just for proof that I am making progress couple screenshots below I revised the way how email settings are set as you can see from the screenshot and I have also added few more settings that MS can control. I also added support for exporting / importing all modes at once. When importing bunch of modes the modes are renamed if one exists with the same name. Now also the default mode settings can be exported / imported.

http://wee.e-lnx.org/misc/ms_20_main.jpg

http://wee.e-lnx.org/misc/ms_20_email.jpg
    looks exciting -- i probably will wait for the pre3 before i upgrade -- hopefully you will be devolping for that model when it comes out because i cannot imagine my phone with out your app..... the screen shots show V1.9 -- i assume that this is supposed to be 2.0?

keep up the good work

thanks
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  16.    #1076  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    looks exciting -- i probably will wait for the pre3 before i upgrade -- hopefully you will be devolping for that model when it comes out because i cannot imagine my phone with out your app..... the screen shots show V1.9 -- i assume that this is supposed to be 2.0?

keep up the good work

thanks
    Yes 1.9 is just for the alpha version and there will be MS for pre3 as for the tablet as well.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has been discussed yet, but I did not follow this thread in the last month.
    Will MS 2.0 handle the behavior of the screen when the device is removed from the touchstone? (e.g. when I remove my pre from the touchstone I installed in my car, I do not want the screen to get unlocked: not possible with MS 1.x AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK)
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  18.    #1078  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed yet, but I did not follow this thread in the last month.
    Will MS 2.0 handle the behavior of the screen when the device is removed from the touchstone? (e.g. when I remove my pre from the touchstone I installed in my car, I do not want the screen to get unlocked: not possible with MS 1.x AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK)
    This is something that annoys me also, I would rather want the screen always to keep it current state when removed from TS than unlock or lock etc. I will have to first look into this is I can add that on the adv sys prefs patches and if I can then if I make it configurable then MS will support it. So don't know for sure yet, but its on my list of thing that I would like to change.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Thanks for your quick answer. As there are patches for that, it must be possible. However patches do not enable to handle the behavior differently on a mode basis.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  20.    #1080  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Thanks for your quick answer. As there are patches for that, it must be possible. However patches do not enable to handle the behavior differently on a mode basis.
    I guess you mean that there is for 1.4.5, the screen handling has changed a bit for 2.x, but I do think its still possible. At the moment I am only interested about 2.x and will get my patches/MS ready for that. After that I might port/add new stuff for the 1.4.5 versions of my patches / MS as it seems that 1.4.5 might be here to stay a while longer.