Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1246
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #1001  
    I use Switcharoo Free

    Switcharoo Free | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

    to randomly changes my wall paper from pictures that I have stored on my phone it seems to work very well.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  2. #1002  
    I was wondering if there was a chance to create a mode that would turn the phone off or switch to airplane mode should the phone get too hot on the touchstone. I have a touchstone in my car and am worried that if I leave it on during the day, it may overheat too much, which may cause damage.

    So...a mode to prevent the phone from overheating.

    Thanks.
  3. #1003  
    I did read through the wiki, but couldn't find in this thread or the previous where this kind of mode was discussed--

    When I go to my inlaws house, there is little reception, and my battery drains easily. I was trying to set up a manually activated mode (Verizon preplus w/inconsistent GPS, so no GPS trigger) where the phone radio would turn on for a short period of time then turn off, then repeat. That way, if the phone happened to connect, I would get voicemail and text message notifications at least.
    I had attempted to do this using a "repeating" activation trigger, and set active for 5 minutes, every 30 minutes. The setting was for the phone connection to be enabled, everything else off. I also turned off the phone radio (my default is to have it on).

    The desire here was to have the phone radio on for 5 minutes, then off for 25 minutes, then repeat.

    When I tried using this, it didn't seem that the mode changed anything. If I started with the radio off, the phone always stayed off. If i started with the phone in default mode (radio on), then activated this mode, then the phone would always stay on.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks...
    Last edited by liketreo; 01/05/2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: correction
  4. #1004  
    This is another amazing patch sconix.

    I've had a quick search and can't see anyone else has suggested this, but I'd find it very useful to have the "Lock After" setting in the 'Security' section so that you can change how quickly the use of a PIN is needed to unlock it in different modes.
    I usually have it at 30 minutes as to not over annoy me, but it'd be great if I could get it to lock almost instantly in different modes.
  5.    #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I did read through the wiki, but couldn't find in this thread or the previous where this kind of mode was discussed--

    When I go to my inlaws house, there is little reception, and my battery drains easily. I was trying to set up a manually activated mode (Verizon preplus w/inconsistent GPS, so no GPS trigger) where the phone radio would turn on for a short period of time then turn off, then repeat. That way, if the phone happened to connect, I would get voicemail and text message notifications at least.
    I had attempted to do this using a "repeating" activation trigger, and set active for 5 minutes, every 30 minutes. The setting was for the phone connection to be enabled, everything else off. I also turned off the phone radio (my default is to have it on).

    The desire here was to have the phone radio on for 5 minutes, then off for 25 minutes, then repeat.

    When I tried using this, it didn't seem that the mode changed anything. If I started with the radio off, the phone always stayed off. If i started with the phone in default mode (radio on), then activated this mode, then the phone would always stay on.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks...
    Yes the interval trigger only works for trigger activated modes not for manual. And its only fixed in the MS 2.0 which is a bit delayed due to hardware failure. So no easy way to achieve what you want with MS 1.x but hopefully with the new MS it should be possible. I hope that MS 2.0 will be ready by the time webOS 2.x is available for older Pre's.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by richardtank View Post
    This is another amazing patch sconix.

    I've had a quick search and can't see anyone else has suggested this, but I'd find it very useful to have the "Lock After" setting in the 'Security' section so that you can change how quickly the use of a PIN is needed to unlock it in different modes.
    I usually have it at 30 minutes as to not over annoy me, but it'd be great if I could get it to lock almost instantly in different modes.
    With the current version of MS its not possible to set the timeout setting, but for MS 2.x versions there will be many new settings added so you have to wait a bit to be able do what you want.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes the interval trigger only works for trigger activated modes not for manual. And its only fixed in the MS 2.0 which is a bit delayed due to hardware failure. So no easy way to achieve what you want with MS 1.x but hopefully with the new MS it should be possible. I hope that MS 2.0 will be ready by the time webOS 2.x is available for older Pre's.
    Thanks Sconix. Maybe I'll try to set up a GPS trigger, and if I can get any fix, see whether that can start the mode.
  8. #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I use Switcharoo Free

    Switcharoo Free | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

    to randomly changes my wall paper from pictures that I have stored on my phone it seems to work very well.
    mee too. works like a charm and it's free!! Naturally, using Switcharoo wont let you have animated wallpaper or the full top bar patch because of the changes. But oh well. WE CANT HAVE EVERYTHING.
  9. #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Thanks Sconix. Maybe I'll try to set up a GPS trigger, and if I can get any fix, see whether that can start the mode.
    This is kind of a thought experiment - would this work...

    Have ModeA and ModeB.

    ModeA launches AppA for 10 minutes and closes it.
    ModeB launches AppB for 10 minutes and closes it.

    AppA closing triggers ModeB.
    AppB closing triggers ModeA.

    Once the cycle starts, the two modes cycle each other indefinitely (unless manually blocked I suppose).
  10. #1010  
    True, I've tried switcharoo, but in my experience, it makes the phone get the TMC error much more quickly. I find that my pre runs much better without using it. I know that MS can set wallpaper at set times, etc. but unfortunately I must choose which wallpaper the mode will apply. That's not really feasible for my 800+ wallpapers :-/
  11. #1011  
    Can anyone offer some help. I have created a "Night Mode". Essentially the purpose is to lower the volume of everything and have the screen stay off for the night.

    Problem is that the screen ALWAYS turns back on and stays on. The mode triggers properly and turns off, but if I wake up during the night, or take too long to fall asleep I always notice the screen has turned back on.

    Here are my settings: Normal mode (used to be a modifier, but I switched to Normal hoping that would help.

    Notify: Disabled
    On Charger: Turn Off

    Brightness: Minimum
    Turn off after: 15 seconds
    Blink Notify: Disabled
    Locked Notify: Disabled

    Email Alert: Mute
    Get Email: As items arrive

    Any advice would be appreciated, clearly I would be a terrible programmer.
    Last edited by Courousant; 01/10/2011 at 01:58 PM.
  12.    #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    Can anyone offer some help. I have created a "Night Mode". Essentially the purpose is to lower the volume of everything and have the screen stay off for the night.

    Problem is that the screen ALWAYS turns back on and stays on. The mode triggers properly and turns off, but if I wake up during the night, or take too long to fall asleep I always notice the screen has turned back on.

    Here are my settings: Normal mode (used to be a modifier, but I switched to Normal hoping that would help.

    Notify: Disabled
    On Charger: Turn Off

    Brightness: Minimum
    Turn off after: 15 seconds
    Blink Notify: Disabled
    Locked Notify: Disabled

    Email Alert: Mute
    Get Email: As items arrive

    Any advice would be appreciated, clearly I would be a terrible programmer.


    I think I would be a terrible programmer:
    Its most likely some notification or another application/service is waking up your phone which turns the screen on. MS can not know when the screen is turned on by you or by another application/system so it can not turn it off again. At least I don't know easy way to debug what is causing the screen turning on. I experienced it once, but doctoring did get rid of that problem back then.

    The good thing is that in WebOS 2.x it is possible to turn of the screen manually as well so MS 2.0 will most likely have better support for turning off the screen.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. #1013  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its most likely some notification or another application/service is waking up your phone which turns the screen on. MS can not know when the screen is turned on by you or by another application/system so it can not turn it off again. At least I don't know easy way to debug what is causing the screen turning on. I experienced it once, but doctoring did get rid of that problem back then.

    The good thing is that in WebOS 2.x it is possible to turn of the screen manually as well so MS 2.0 will most likely have better support for turning off the screen.
    Thank you. At minimum, i feel much less stupid now.
  14. ice8lue's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #1014  
    German Review of Mode Switcher - App Vorstellung: Mode Switcher | SchiefGedacht
  15. #1015  
    `Sconix do you need any beta testers for MS 2.0?
  16. pksublime's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #1016  
    seriously, how have i lived without this?
  17. #1017  
    Quote Originally Posted by pksublime View Post
    seriously, how have i lived without this?
    it was easy -- but imagine a future with out it ---
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  18. #1018  
    Advice please.I installed Mode Switcher and played around with it a couple of months ago, and then removed it. Now when I reinstall it, the old Mode icons re appear on the launcher page and I don't know how to remove them. Thanks.
  19. #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Thanks Sconix. Maybe I'll try to set up a GPS trigger, and if I can get any fix, see whether that can start the mode.
    @liketreo

    I have a similar issue @ my parent's farm. I use a trigger based on connection to their wifi to turn off phone service. (I don't use an interval, though)

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I see pandas.
  20.    #1020  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    `Sconix do you need any beta testers for MS 2.0?
    My hardware failure has set me back quite much in the development so MS 2.0 not in beta phase yet. When it is I will notify about it and then I need testers for sure. I got new computer on Wednesday and I have almost set it up so will be in normal development status soon.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Posting Permissions