Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post

As a side note, also the advanced app launcher patch is gaining ability to have tabs and hide icons and rename them some time soon. For both features people kindly gave me donations to implement them so I did/will.
    I Been wondering how would you go about hiding icons. I just read a thread and the last I saw people got was typing in * or # in search to bring up hidden icons. Or will the icons be hidden from the launcher and will be able to come up in univ. search? Just wondering. Not to bring up patches
    I was wondering the same thing, but at least I am currently making an advanced system preferences patch that will add the inverted keyboard brightness thing and lots of other configurable things into preference applications (things that I think should have been there). Will submit it to the Preware once ready.

As a side note, also the advanced app launcher patch is gaining ability to have tabs and hide icons and rename them some time soon. For both features people kindly gave me donations to implement them so I did/will.
    I love me some MS, but I'm glad it's hit release so you can go work on your totally awesome patches some more! Can't wait to see what you put out next.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I Been wondering how would you go about hiding icons. I just read a thread and the last I saw people got was typing in * or # in search to bring up hidden icons. Or will the icons be hidden from the launcher and will be able to come up in univ. search? Just wondering. Not to bring up patches
    My plan is to add hide button in app info dialog and it will only hide the app from the launcher. Then in list all apps, when you click an app and get a dialog it would have show button for hidden icons.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ***LOVE, LOVE, LOVE*** this app!

Last night was my 1st night with this app installed. Created a "bedside" mode and didn't have to put it on airplane mode. No alerts, no "dings", no screen lighting up my bedroom and just in case an emergency call came in, now the phone will ring.

***THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!****

I can only hope Palm opens up the API's and does what it needs to do to further incorporate this app's abilities into the OS itself.

Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Lisa B (@adora) was saying in the chat yesterday during palmcast that she would like to see the lite version of MS in the app cat.
    Lite version - leaving out UK and govnah support
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Lisa B (@adora) was saying in the chat yesterday during palmcast that she would like to see the lite version of MS in the app cat.
    Lite version - leaving out UK and govnah support
    I would love to see any stripped version in app cat. but my last tests showed that from triggers all the important ones like charger/calendar/wifi/etc. would not be possible in app cat. version. And from settings only couple would be possible. And no app closing support neither. So it would be quite stripped down... But will monitor the situation and try to see if at some point it would be possible to get some kind of version in the catalog maybe just for example setting night mode.

When ever some important API:s are opened at least MS is easy to strip down since all settings/app support/triggers are plugins.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I would love to see any stripped version in app cat. but my last tests showed that from triggers all the important ones like charger/calendar/wifi/etc. would not be possible in app cat. version. And from settings only couple would be possible. And no app closing support neither. So it would be quite stripped down... But will monitor the situation and try to see if at some point it would be possible to get some kind of version in the catalog maybe just for example setting night mode.

When ever some important API:s are opened at least MS is easy to strip down since all settings/app support/triggers are plugins.
    ohkk...kewl.
    Btw...Just donated via paypal for all your hardwork.
    I installed this yesterday and I'm loving this app so far. One question -- has anyone else noticed their Pre running slower? It seems like my VZW Pre+ (overclocked with 720/250 screenstate) has been running a good bit slower since I started creating different modes. I'm not really even switching modes all that much.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by smmullen View Post
    I installed this yesterday and I'm loving this app so far. One question -- has anyone else noticed their Pre running slower? It seems like my VZW Pre+ (overclocked with 720/250 screenstate) has been running a good bit slower since I started creating different modes. I'm not really even switching modes all that much.
    It really should not make it slower. The only thing that can currently slow down the phone is the extensive debug logging which I will keep on until 1.1.0. If it really feels like it slowing down a lot then there could be some trigger acting out. So you could leaving triggers out from the modes and see when it stops. If its that noticeable or just use problem report action so I get the logs and can see if some trigger is firing more often than it should.
    My plan is to add hide button in app info dialog and it will only hide the app from the launcher. Then in list all apps, when you click an app and get a dialog it would have show button for hidden icons.
    Sounds good! Can't wait. Welll I Can But Still
    It really should not make it slower. The only thing that can currently slow down the phone is the extensive debug logging which I will keep on until 1.1.0. If it really feels like it slowing down a lot then there could be some trigger acting out. So you could leaving triggers out from the modes and see when it stops. If its that noticeable or just use problem report action so I get the logs and can see if some trigger is firing more often than it should.
    I only have one trigger set up, and it's time based. The rest of my five modes are manual only.

I managed to get the "Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Restart" patch to install by uninstalling it, then installing the Mode Switcher Luna patch, then then reinstalling the Brightness Unlinked Luna patch. Could it be that there's still a little bit of problem with those two, even though they both installed properly?
    I only have one trigger set up, and it's time based. The rest of my five modes are manual only.

I managed to get the "Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Restart" patch to install by uninstalling it, then installing the Mode Switcher Luna patch, then then reinstalling the Brightness Unlinked Luna patch. Could it be that there's still a little bit of problem with those two, even though they both installed properly?
    Nevermind .. I don't know what I'm talking about. I just went to uninstall the Brightness Unlinked Luna patch, and I don't have it installed at all. I thought I did.
  13.    #93  

Then it must be the logging since otherwise MS does nothing. Since currently MS logs screen state / charger etc. changes even if there are no such triggers used so it generates some amount of log even if no triggers in use and that could slow the phone down a bit although I don't notice anything in my phone (not overclocked). The logging is set so that if some rare trigger bugs are reported I can debug it easily. For 1.1.0 I will remove most of the logging so that will go away then.

For now the only thing besides the logging that could cause the slowness is if the time trigger would be firing all the time (this was issue in early betas with one bug), but then it really should eat the battery like no time. Anyway if you want me to look the logs just use the problem report.
    Then it must be the logging since otherwise MS does nothing. Since currently MS logs screen state / charger etc. changes even if there are no such triggers used so it generates some amount of log even if no triggers in use and that could slow the phone down a bit although I don't notice anything in my phone (not overclocked). The logging is set so that if some rare trigger bugs are reported I can debug it easily. For 1.1.0 I will remove most of the logging so that will go away then.

For now the only thing besides the logging that could cause the slowness is if the time trigger would be firing all the time (this was issue in early betas with one bug), but then it really should eat the battery like no time. Anyway if you want me to look the logs just use the problem report.
    I've also noticed some battery issues, but they may be caused by me tinkering with MS so much over the last day. I figured switching modes probably hit the battery pretty hard.

I just sent you the log via the problem reporting feature. Thanks so much for this app ... it's the best thing since Preware!
    Got a request for a future release (when you get time). Could it be possible to add a mode as a trigger to another mode? Here is what I have.

Base Norm Mode (not the default) that I use essentially for most events
    Work Modifier - GPS based (want WiFi, but I can't connect to work wifi, be nice if it would work if it "saw" it rather than connected to it, but I can live with his) - turns off Data, changes ring volume, changes system volume
    Data @ Work Modifier - GPS based (to replicate I'm at work), time-based. For 5 minutes ever hour, turn data back on

It would be nice that rather than have two GPS based modifiers for the same location, I could have the second modifier have an All Unique trigger set that includes that the Work Modifier is active.

Thanks!
    I too have noticed some pretty heavy battery drain, even with the triggers disabled via the patch. that was why I was looking for a way to turn the app on and off entirely via the patch. I still keep it on most often because I usually have access to chargers or touchstones, but when I will be away all day i have to disable.
    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneFW View Post
    Got a request for a future release (when you get time). Could it be possible to add a mode as a trigger to another mode? Here is what I have.

Base Norm Mode (not the default) that I use essentially for most events
    Work Modifier - GPS based (want WiFi, but I can't connect to work wifi, be nice if it would work if it "saw" it rather than connected to it, but I can live with his) - turns off Data, changes ring volume, changes system volume
    Data @ Work Modifier - GPS based (to replicate I'm at work), time-based. For 5 minutes ever hour, turn data back on

It would be nice that rather than have two GPS based modifiers for the same location, I could have the second modifier have an All Unique trigger set that includes that the Work Modifier is active.

Thanks!
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but currently you can use one mode to start another mode using the MS app config. This is partly detailed in the manual but is currently being updated because of the new settings.

Basically you click the "Add MS" button in the Application settings of the first mode, then do something like "After Start" - "Start Mode" - "Data @ Work".

You can also add one like "Before Close" - "Close Mode" - "Data @ Work" to close the mode when you leave work.

Then the modes will be chained together.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I too have noticed some pretty heavy battery drain, even with the triggers disabled via the patch. that was why I was looking for a way to turn the app on and off entirely via the patch. I still keep it on most often because I usually have access to chargers or touchstones, but when I will be away all day i have to disable.
    Most likely yes, MS really should be CPU/battery friendly application as long as there is no bug that is causing some action to happen even it should not. For me the battery draining has been steady for whole development period, but there was few bugs in beta phase that caused battery draining for some users so everything is always possible.
    This is incredible! I've been waiting a long time for something like this. I just made a donation to thank you, especially for making it open source. As a fellow webOS programmer, I'm interested to see how you managed all these features!
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    thanks for 1.0.0. Love this app. makes my pre unique. I just donated 10 euro, but since I'm American I have no idea how much that is. Enjoy your coffee or new car depending on the exchange rate!

(jk, i figured it out0