Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Now that I've gotten my night mode working as I wanted, I'd like to add a meeting mode where everything is silent/vibrate during events on my Exchange calendar. I have found that adding a calendar trigger with an empty search field gets me into the meeting mode, but once the event is over, I don't switch back to default mode. I watched the logs in Lumberjack and it appeared the calendar event was sent at the end of the meeting. Any thoughts?

edit: played around a bit more and found if I put a search string in that I know is in the calendar event, it switches into and out of the mode properly. I guess what I want is a calendar trigger that doesn't depend on a search string. Simply start the mode when any calendar event starts and stop the mode when the event ends.
    Last edited by nxg125; 11/17/2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Is this no longer available? Preware gives a 404 error when trying to install is and precentral does not have a link to the ipk either.
    Just a quick note to say that Mode Switcher is fantastic! I was getting annoyed that my Pre kept locking while running Trapster while driving. MS fixed that problem for me in no time!

Still stumbling through options and creating different modes. I too was confused by the whole App "On Foreground"/"On Background" thing, but I found the answer in this thread. Looking forward to the UI refresh.

Nice work!
    Palm Pre Plus | WebOS 1.4.5 | Verizon
    Previous: Treo650, Palm III
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I've been trying to add GPS triggers to a couple of modes.

I select "select location", enter the street address, and the map displays the the red marker on the location.

Then, I select done, and the screen closes, but it appears the location coordinates are not saved... in the location field it displays: NaN;NaN (which doesn't seem correct.) ;-)

Can anyone tell me what I am screwing up here? ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Is this no longer available? Preware gives a 404 error when trying to install is and precentral does not have a link to the ipk either.
    I had that same problem. Preware is pointing to a link in the testing feeds, but this link worked: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-internals/all/com.palm.org.e-lnx.wee.apps.modeswitcher_1.0.9_all.ipk

Just copy that, and then from the main preware screen menu, select install package and paste the url there. You probably already knew how to do that, but just in case and for others...
    On my Palm Pre 2 (WebOS 2.0), ModeSwitcher is till not working :-{
    I have installed the last patch called "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" without any improvement.
    Before this patch, we can can only see the card of "Mode Switcher" in the background.
    After this patch, "Mode Switcher" do not launch at all.
    I'm located in France (SFR provider).
    Perhaps I need to wait for a new update compatible with SFR provider?
  7.    #967  
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_2 View Post
    On my Palm Pre 2 (WebOS 2.0), ModeSwitcher is till not working :-{
    I have installed the last patch called "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" without any improvement.
    Before this patch, we can can only see the card of "Mode Switcher" in the background.
    After this patch, "Mode Switcher" do not launch at all.
    I'm located in France (SFR provider).
    Perhaps I need to wait for a new update compatible with SFR provider?
    I haven't tested MS on WebOS 2.0. The reason is that I am working on MS 2.0 which takes lot of my time. I will see if its possible to get the MS 1.x to work in webOS 2.0 with small changes at some point and if it is will do a release. But if it would need lot of work then there wont be a 1.x release. The time table for MS 2.0 is that I try to get it out before years end maybe even bit earlier.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thanks Sconix for your prompt reply and thanks for your good and popular job you're currently doing for the WebOs community.
    I will wait then the version 2.0.

I will send you donation tonight in order to get more motivation :-)
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Sconix,

Just sent you a long over due donation. Keep up the excellent work. My pre + is so much more usable with Mode Switcher and I won't even think about upgrading to WebOS 2.0 until MS 2.0 is out.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  10.    #970  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Sconix,

Just sent you a long over due donation. Keep up the excellent work. My pre + is so much more usable with Mode Switcher and I won't even think about upgrading to WebOS 2.0 until MS 2.0 is out.
    Thanks, donations will motivate the work of porting everything for WebOS 2.0. Updating my patches is definitely not a small task and the work I am doing for MS 2.0 specially takes time since I am converting MS into service. It will be more efficient that way and offer fancy new stuff in the future.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11.    #971  
    At least one user reported that MS is working for him in WebOS 2.0 very well. The only problem he has faced so far is that using the screen turn off when on charger causes problems. So don't use it (the screen can be turned off when on TS without that feature since its now possible with webOS 2.0 no need to set it in MS).
    Hey Sconix. You do great work. Thanks for all your time and effort!

So... This thread is bouncing around the idea of having the option to restore all cards (stacked appropriately) that were open before a shut down or reboot. The OP intends to get Palm to add the option to the OS. While I think that would be really great, I don't think it's something we can count on happening very soon. Some others and myself all asked ourselves, "Can Mode Switcher do this?" I know that it can't currently, but that brings us to:

1. Do you think it's a good idea?

2. Is it possible?

3. Is it difficult/Do you have time?

I (and many others) think it would be a great feature to have. I personally feel that, if it were easy enough to do, that it would be worthy of having a "Restore Previous Session" toggle in the Mode Menu.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards.
  13.    #973  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Hey Sconix. You do great work. Thanks for all your time and effort!

So... This thread is bouncing around the idea of having the option to restore all cards (stacked appropriately) that were open before a shut down or reboot. The OP intends to get Palm to add the option to the OS. While I think that would be really great, I don't think it's something we can count on happening very soon. Some others and myself all asked ourselves, "Can Mode Switcher do this?" I know that it can't currently, but that brings us to:

1. Do you think it's a good idea?

2. Is it possible?

3. Is it difficult/Do you have time?

I (and many others) think it would be a great feature to have. I personally feel that, if it were easy enough to do, that it would be worthy of having a "Restore Previous Session" toggle in the Mode Menu.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards.
    This was/is something that I was/am going to look into for MS 2.0. Haven't look into it yet so can not say if its possible to do, but if it is its definitely in MS 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This was/is something that I was/am going to look into for MS 2.0. Haven't look into it yet so can not say if its possible to do, but if it is its definitely in MS 2.0.
    Wow! Great news! Thanks for the quick reply.
    Please help me, 3 times a day I turn on wifi for 5 mins (time of the day trigger) to sync, but sometimes (not every time) it doesn't turn off wifi when the mode is being turn off.
  16.    #976  
    Quote Originally Posted by st1512 View Post
    Please help me, 3 times a day I turn on wifi for 5 mins (time of the day trigger) to sync, but sometimes (not every time) it doesn't turn off wifi when the mode is being turn off.
    There's not much to do for it. Its a WebOS problem that Wifi/BT will get stuck on sometimes, depending on phone how often it happens if at all. I am hopeful that in WebOS 2.0 this is fixed, if not then at least MS 2.x should offer means for me to go around this bug.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hi,
    In my old SonyEricsson K610 I had access to the tower ID that the device was using at that moment, is that information available on WebOS?

If it is, I think it will be the perfect trigger for me, I'm nearly all day indoors and the GPS triggers are too battery consuming for me.

Cheers

JD Evora
    I really like that idea!
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Another GPS question... I have two modes that are triggered by GPS location (home and work). I'll leave work or home , get in my vehicle and MS switches to the "Vehicle" mode, now MS notices I'm close to either of those GPS locations and will ask me to switch back to the GPS triggered location I just left. Is there a way to have MS delay something (or other setting) so that I may drive a few minutes away out of the GPS location range so MS doesn't ask me to switch back to the location I just left?
    Hope this makes sense and I realize that this question almost goes in the MS works too well category!!
    Was Wifi SSID removed as a trigger in 1.0.9?