Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #901  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    that sounds good. I'd like to see delays go away for display state triggers.

I was just going to post this probem:

because of the delay, I've put a mode in my quicklaunch bar to turn my wifi on quickly. I have that mode tunrn another mode on to turn on data. I have them as separate modes, or else a third mode won't turn on to turn data off when wifi is connected.

my problem is with the "add Ms" option in my wifi mode. I've tried it a couple different ways, but it seems like when you have a mode activate another mode with "add ms", the first mode won't start from a launcher icon. I tap the icon, and it does nothing.
    Please use the problem report so I get your config and can try this, definitely want to fix this for 2.0 if there is a bug lurking in the ms app stuff.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Please use the problem report so I get your config and can try this, definitely want to fix this for 2.0 if there is a bug lurking in the ms app stuff.
    sent. Didn't realise that was there. thanks!

oh, and if I didn't say in the email, "wifi" is the mode I have in my quicklaunch bar
    So I just installed mode switcher and I have it set up to run several apps including clear card. I would like a way to force it after loading clear card to minimize the cards so i shows the edges of the one to the write (not the smallest minimize card view)

Is there a way to do this and not just leave the last app opened in full screen mode?

Thanks!
    No, there is no way to have MS minimize cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrezpasor View Post
    So I just installed mode switcher and I have it set up to run several apps including clear card. I would like a way to force it after loading clear card to minimize the cards so i shows the edges of the one to the write (not the smallest minimize card view)

Is there a way to do this and not just leave the last app opened in full screen mode?

Thanks!
    Have Mode Switcher load Quick System Tasks. That'll open QST and then close the card.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I am trying to create a profile based on calendar event triggers. I want it to trigger all meetings on my work calendar except ones that say "out of office". I thought that calendar events triggered with active on "no match" and "out of office" would work, but it doesn't trigger events that don't say "out of office". Am I misinterpreting how this should work or is it a bug? Any other ideas how I can get this to work?
    So, I decided to try Mode Switcher over the weekend. I added all my desired modes, and as one of the activation triggers for a couple of them, I added GPS locations. Unfortunately, when I tried to actually use my Sprint Navigation program to go somewhere I've never been before, it would not consistently work properly - not good. The navigation application would appear to start properly, then shortly after the computerized voice would report that "the GPS signal is weak" and a satellite icon with a red "X" on it would appear on the screen. It worked fine prior to the installation of Mode Switcher, and that was the only recent change to my Sprint Pre. As such, I disabled Mode Switcher, and the Sprint Navigation application, after I restarted it, started functioning properly and reliably again.

Anyone else had the same experience?
  8.    #908  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    So, I decided to try Mode Switcher over the weekend. I added all my desired modes, and as one of the activation triggers for a couple of them, I added GPS locations. Unfortunately, when I tried to actually use my Sprint Navigation program to go somewhere I've never been before, it would not consistently work properly - not good. The navigation application would appear to start properly, then shortly after the computerized voice would report that "the GPS signal is weak" and a satellite icon with a red "X" on it would appear on the screen. It worked fine prior to the installation of Mode Switcher, and that was the only recent change to my Sprint Pre. As such, I disabled Mode Switcher, and the Sprint Navigation application, after I restarted it, started functioning properly and reliably again.

Anyone else had the same experience?
    This is a known problem. MS wants the information with the highest accuracy which seems to cause problems for other GPS applications. Just don't use the smallest radius settings (>=500 should be ok) in GPS trigger and it will ask the normal accuracy data.

Upcoming releases will only use the normal accuracy request so even the smallest radius setting will work once again.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9.    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    I am trying to create a profile based on calendar event triggers. I want it to trigger all meetings on my work calendar except ones that say "out of office". I thought that calendar events triggered with active on "no match" and "out of office" would work, but it doesn't trigger events that don't say "out of office". Am I misinterpreting how this should work or is it a bug? Any other ideas how I can get this to work?
    It should work as you describe, meaning it works for me. Can you try by setting the calendar to any calendar and see if it helps. Tell me if it does. If not then please use the report problem action in the menu after MS has failed to change the mode when event started. That way I can see the logs an why it is refusing to act on the calendar event.
    This is a known problem. MS wants the information with the highest accuracy which seems to cause problems for other GPS applications. Just don't use the smallest radius settings (>=500 should be ok) in GPS trigger and it will ask the normal accuracy data.

Upcoming releases will only use the normal accuracy request so even the smallest radius setting will work once again.
    I was using 1000 meters for all of the GPS triggers. So, you might need to look into it some more.
  11.    #911  
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    I was using 1000 meters for all of the GPS triggers. So, you might need to look into it some more.
    Then I am out of ideas. One user reported that using larger radius will make the problem go away. For me it works even with the smallest radius. I can use other GPS applications at the same time without any problems. And for me its hard to know why its happening since all that MS does is that it requests the current location from the WebOS system framework. As does all the other applications so as far as I know its the WebOS framework that should make sure that all apps can work at the same time. The accuracy was the only reason that I thought that might cause problems, but I can not replicate this problem. The only common thing for the users that has reported this has been that they have also reported this problem with Spring navigation. So at least somebody with the problem should try to use some different application to see if its only the sprint app that has problems with MS.

At least for me both the google maps and geocaching applications will keep the GPS fix just fine even when I have GPS triggers in MS. And since I am in Finland I cannot test with the spring navigation app.
    Then I am out of ideas. One user reported that using larger radius will make the problem go away. For me it works even with the smallest radius. I can use other GPS applications at the same time without any problems. And for me its hard to know why its happening since all that MS does is that it requests the current location from the WebOS system framework. As does all the other applications so as far as I know its the WebOS framework that should make sure that all apps can work at the same time. The accuracy was the only reason that I thought that might cause problems, but I can not replicate this problem. The only common thing for the users that has reported this has been that they have also reported this problem with Spring navigation. So at least somebody with the problem should try to use some different application to see if its only the sprint app that has problems with MS.

At least for me both the google maps and geocaching applications will keep the GPS fix just fine even when I have GPS triggers in MS. And since I am in Finland I cannot test with the spring navigation app.
    OK. Maybe it's a "feature" of the Sprint Pre Minus. If I get a chance, I'll see if I can narrow it down some more to try to figure it out. Other than this issue, Mode Switcher is working fine here. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh wait, thought of another issue. One of the things I tried to "debug" the GPS issue was uninstalling and reinstalling Mode Switcher. Something I noticed that was the uninstall of Mode Switcher, done via Preware, did not remove its mode configurations. When I reinstalled it, all my modes as previously defined were still there. I had expected the uninstall to remove the configured modes data as well.
    Last edited by SilvrDrgn; 11/08/2010 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Thought of another issue
    Re: Lost GPS signal in Sprint Nav app...

I also have seen this issue frequently in the last few months... I hadn't really thought to associate it with Mode Switcher until seeing a few posts here. Even now, I have not tested to see if MS is related. But for reference purposes, I have two GPS triggers and both are set to 1500 meters.

That said, I've just begun some quick testing to see if having another GPS mapping program open helps the Sprint NAV app keep it's bearings... So far, I've been testing with Trapster (Speed trap crowd sourcing app....) and in about 2.5 hours of use with both Trapster and Sprint NAV running, I have not had any lost GPS signal issues in Sprint Nav. I think I'll try to get to 10 hours and then switch to BFG maps and then to Google maps.

Kind of stinks to have to run more than one mapping app, but at least MS makes it easy to start both when entering car mode!!!
    This is an amazing app, but I am having problems with the Roam Only option actually being set despite having it chosen as the option for one of my modes. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm using 1.0.8 on webOS 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    This is an amazing app, but I am having problems with the Roam Only option actually being set despite having it chosen as the option for one of my modes. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm using 1.0.8 on webOS 1.4.5.
    I've had the "Roam Only" toggle get 'stuck' like the Wifi or BT radios can sometimes for no reason. A full device reset usually fixes the problem for me. I'd try that first.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Re: Lost GPS signal in Sprint Nav app...

I also have seen this issue frequently in the last few months... I hadn't really thought to associate it with Mode Switcher until seeing a few posts here. Even now, I have not tested to see if MS is related. But for reference purposes, I have two GPS triggers and both are set to 1500 meters.

That said, I've just begun some quick testing to see if having another GPS mapping program open helps the Sprint NAV app keep it's bearings... So far, I've been testing with Trapster (Speed trap crowd sourcing app....) and in about 2.5 hours of use with both Trapster and Sprint NAV running, I have not had any lost GPS signal issues in Sprint Nav. I think I'll try to get to 10 hours and then switch to BFG maps and then to Google maps.

Kind of stinks to have to run more than one mapping app, but at least MS makes it easy to start both when entering car mode!!!
    I have the same issue with Sprint Navigation, and I am using a Verizon Pre Plus that I swapped the radio board from my old sprint pre into. I have a couple modifier modes that use the GPS trigger, and they were set to the 250 meter accuracy setting, so I changed them to 1000 meters. Now I'll test Sprint Navigation and let you know if that has made any difference. I don't use the navigation too often, but when I need it it is very annoying to find it not working. Quick question, will a reset (luna or complete system reset) after changing the mode to the 1000 meter setting be required, or should it be fine?

Thanks!
    Well I changed my GPS triggers to 1000 meters, but didn't do any reset of any kind. And no luck, I am still having the issue where after using sprint navigation for a while it says that my GPS signal is weak and it stops working properly. Of course if I close it and immediately re-open it then it works fine again for a little while.

This is very aggravating. Is a reset of the device (luna or complete reset) needed after changing the mode settings? My modes that use the GPS trigger also use a "date & time" trigger, as they are only to be used on the weekends. So really during the week they shouldn't matter.

I guess after work I'll check if sprint navigation works with mode switcher disabled just to verify that it is in fact mode switcher interfering. Anyone else have any thoughts or ideas? I use mode switcher WAY more than sprint navigation, so I am not likely to give up mode switcher. And it only appears to interfere with sprint navigation. Google Maps works fine and tracks me when driving, so does BFG maps, and I even installed Navit and that worked, but WOW the interface is terrible and confusing and I just don't find that a usable solution yet. I wish Garmin or TomTom or someone would freaking make aftermarket navigation software for this phone....
  18.    #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Well I changed my GPS triggers to 1000 meters, but didn't do any reset of any kind. And no luck, I am still having the issue where after using sprint navigation for a while it says that my GPS signal is weak and it stops working properly. Of course if I close it and immediately re-open it then it works fine again for a little while.

This is very aggravating. Is a reset of the device (luna or complete reset) needed after changing the mode settings? My modes that use the GPS trigger also use a "date & time" trigger, as they are only to be used on the weekends. So really during the week they shouldn't matter.

I guess after work I'll check if sprint navigation works with mode switcher disabled just to verify that it is in fact mode switcher interfering. Anyone else have any thoughts or ideas? I use mode switcher WAY more than sprint navigation, so I am not likely to give up mode switcher. And it only appears to interfere with sprint navigation. Google Maps works fine and tracks me when driving, so does BFG maps, and I even installed Navit and that worked, but WOW the interface is terrible and confusing and I just don't find that a usable solution yet. I wish Garmin or TomTom or someone would freaking make aftermarket navigation software for this phone....
    Yes its turning out to be the sprint navigation, but I still have no clue how its possible. Maybe its something to do with the app or with the WebOS GPS service. So maybe WebOS 2.0 will help in this situation.

If you can just figure out other triggers for your modes than GPS then no need to disable MS. All the triggers are "separate" so they don't know about other triggers at the moment so the time of day trigger wont effect the GPS trigger behavior.
    I was wondering if optional triggers to close modes could be added for 2.0.

sometimes my grouped triggers don't work. Is it because they are set to different delay times?
  20.    #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I was wondering if optional triggers to close modes could be added for 2.0.

sometimes my grouped triggers don't work. Is it because they are set to different delay times?
    What do you mean optional triggers to close modes? If you mean possibility to set different triggers for starting the mode and for closing then I am not thinking of that at least currently. The groupped functionality is more simpler code wise and should provide the same end result. The groupped triggers works exactly the same way than none groupped ones so if a groupped triggers wont close/start the mode its still one of the triggers giving false info so setting them for only closing or starting would not change anything.

If you have a trigger failure other than GPS trigger (which obviously can fail its not hundred percent sure) please use the report problem action right after a mode should have changed since its possible that some of the triggers still have some problems. The delays should not have an effect to this.