Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Is it possible to modify application triggers to have a list of applications instead of only one application per trigger. I would like an "on demand" data trigger based on the applications that need it. This can be accomplished now with individual triggers but it is very laborious to input all the triggers.

Thanks
    Sconix is currently working on porting MS and his patches to WebOS 2.0.

UI changes are on the horizon, but not in the immediate future.

I also personally don't understand the difference between having 1 trigger with multiple applications listed, and multiple triggers with 1 application each. Either way you have to choose each application.

The current method also allows you to choose different delays for each app, which can often be useful. Any UI change to consolidate the trigger wouldn't change the functionality very much IMO.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Sconix is currently working on porting MS and his patches to WebOS 2.0.

UI changes are on the horizon, but not in the immediate future.

I also personally don't understand the difference between having 1 trigger with multiple applications listed, and multiple triggers with 1 application each. Either way you have to choose each application.

The current method also allows you to choose different delays for each app, which can often be useful. Any UI change to consolidate the trigger wouldn't change the functionality very much IMO.
    Just try it. If you need to add application triggers for all apps that use data(30 or more in my case), it is very confusing to have to add individual triggers. Depending on where you are in the process, it adds subsequent triggers either at the top of the list, bottom, or sometimes in the middle. Scrolling through the list of triggers to find the one that you need to "choose the app" is not very user friendly. If in one trigger, you could simply toggle the apps that you want to activate the mode, it would be effortless to setup.

I understand that Sconix is working on 2.0, just wanted to say that this would be hugely beneficial for battery saving.
    I have to say I don't quite understand how having a list of all applications installed on the phone when you add the trigger would be beneficial, at least the way the UI is currently set up. Some people have dozens upon dozens of apps installed, which would make the list quite unwieldy. I'm sure there is a way to improve the trigger UI, but personally I wouldn't want a toggle list of all apps added when I add an app trigger, especially for modes that use other triggers also.

My idea for an updated UI would involve one 'app trigger' that multiple apps could be added/removed to and from, with swipe-to-delete enabled, instead of a list of all installed apps.

Regardless, one thing you can do in the meantime is use trigger Groups to separate some of the apps you use onto different trigger 'pages'. Then it could be easier to update. I use this for my "GPS mode", which has 2 groups of 5 apps each.
  4.    #804  
    I have to say I don't quite understand how having a list of all applications installed on the phone when you add the trigger would be beneficial, at least the way the UI is currently set up. Some people have dozens upon dozens of apps installed, which would make the list quite unwieldy. I'm sure there is a way to improve the trigger UI, but personally I wouldn't want a toggle list of all apps added when I add an app trigger, especially for modes that use other triggers also.

My idea for an updated UI would involve one 'app trigger' that multiple apps could be added/removed to and from, with swipe-to-delete enabled, instead of a list of all installed apps.

Regardless, one thing you can do in the meantime is use trigger Groups to separate some of the apps you use onto different trigger 'pages'. Then it could be easier to update. I use this for my "GPS mode", which has 2 groups of 5 apps each.
    Well the plan anyway is to make it so that one trigger configuration for each type of trigger per group. So the individual trigger configuration will have this kind of add/del possibility of options. The only reason why it is like it currently is that it was fast to implement
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I have to say I don't quite understand how having a list of all applications installed on the phone when you add the trigger would be beneficial, at least the way the UI is currently set up. .
    The list is already there, but you can only choose ONE app for each trigger. All I am saying is have the little check box stay checked unless you uncheck it. this would allow you to see at a glance (alphabetized) all of the apps chosen for that trigger. As it works now, when you choose one app, the check box indicates it is chosen. If you choose a different app (within the same trigger) it replaces the previously chosen app with the new one.
    Yes, that is how it currently works. As sconix posted above, it will eventually be changed to work along the lines of the idea I posted in my last post.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    This sounds very good. Can't wait to see the improvements!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    So this may be a silly question, but I'm wondering about a fast way to manually go back to the default mode? Right now I have to go into the system menu, find the current mode, click on it, then click close. I don't see any way to select default in the menu or to create a launcher icon for it. Would be nice if there were some less-laborious way to get to it. Thanks.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

9.    #809  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    So this may be a silly question, but I'm wondering about a fast way to manually go back to the default mode? Right now I have to go into the system menu, find the current mode, click on it, then click close. I don't see any way to select default in the menu or to create a launcher icon for it. Would be nice if there were some less-laborious way to get to it. Thanks.
    I could add a way to make launcher icon for it in the upcoming releases. Not sure what you meant by find the mode, but if you have many modes so that you need to scroll then I hope you know that its possible to hide modes from the menu. Also if you want to avoid opening the mode drawer doing gesture tap for the mode name will also execute the mode toggle. I know not perfect but one tap faster.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I could add a way to make launcher icon for it in the upcoming releases. Not sure what you meant by find the mode, but if you have many modes so that you need to scroll then I hope you know that its possible to hide modes from the menu. Also if you want to avoid opening the mode drawer doing gesture tap for the mode name will also execute the mode toggle. I know not perfect but one tap faster.
    Actually, I didn't realize that until after I reread the manual in preperation for writing an article on Mode Switcher which should be out any day now

As far as the default mode, I'm just trying to figure out a way to say "hey, I'm not driving anymore!" I guess I could create another mode identical to default and put it in the launcher or system menu. I guess that's a workaround for now. I guess optimally it would be nice to have a way to make the default mode a shortcut, or better yet have some quick way to turn a mode off. Especially for modifier modes, being able to quickly turn a mode off (or toggle it on/off) would be great. Not sure how you do this, but here's just one possibility. Instead of a drawer for the menu by default, have it be a simple list with modes that are on being highlighted. Clicking on a mode in the menu would toggle it on/off. Of course this would mean that the edit function for a mode wouldn't be available, but perhaps you could switch that over to the gesture-tap view of the menu? My sense is that by far that menu is going to most useful as a shortcut to turn a mode or modes on and off, and editing a mode is something that you really aren't going to be doing that often except when you are first setting up stuff, and so really doesn't need to be as accessible as it is now. Now that I'm thinking about this stuff, one other suggestion for you - a menu item in the system menu for going to the Mode Switcher app as well? That in a sense would duplicate the edit functionality currently available, just not taking you to the edit page of a specific mode - going from the main scene though, would be a trivial task for a user.

Anyway, just suggestions. Not sure how others might feel about these, or you Sconix, since everyone has different ways of thinking about UI, etc.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    As far as the default mode, I'm just trying to figure out a way to say "hey, I'm not driving anymore!" I guess I could create another mode identical to default and put it in the launcher or system menu. I guess that's a workaround for now. I guess optimally it would be nice to have a way to make the default mode a shortcut, or better yet have some quick way to turn a mode off.
    What I did was create a mode (which I call "Normal") that does a few things that my default mode does not, and then the mode closes (which automatically invokes the default mode).

In the Apps section of my "Normal" mode, set Mode Switcher to process "After Mode Start", action "Close Mode", Mode "Current Mode".

You can then create a shortcut to this "Normal" mode, and viola you have a way of invoking the default mode.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I looked through this thread and didn't see anything specific to this...

I'm trying to set up mode switcher (awesome program by the way) to completely turn off the screen while the phone is on a touchstone. I'd like to mimic the behavior of the regular charger plug, but with the added benefit of controlling other features such as the notification blinks and what not. So far the only thing close that I've been able to do is set the screen brightness to 1 which is still pretty bright in a dark room. Anything I'm missing or is there another way (outside of MS) that people have been able to do this?

Thanks.
    Tobias sure you can help me with this, I want to set up so music player remix, launches when headphones are put in and when the headphones are removed it quits.

So far I can get the start up right, but when I add the trigger to quit when headset is removed, the app quits on startup and I'm not sure why
  14.    #814  
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    I looked through this thread and didn't see anything specific to this...

I'm trying to set up mode switcher (awesome program by the way) to completely turn off the screen while the phone is on a touchstone. I'd like to mimic the behavior of the regular charger plug, but with the added benefit of controlling other features such as the notification blinks and what not. So far the only thing close that I've been able to do is set the screen brightness to 1 which is still pretty bright in a dark room. Anything I'm missing or is there another way (outside of MS) that people have been able to do this?

Thanks.
    The setting On Charger controls how display works when pre is on charger. It has turn off option, no need to play with brightness.
  15.    #815  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Tobias sure you can help me with this, I want to set up so music player remix, launches when headphones are put in and when the headphones are removed it quits.

So far I can get the start up right, but when I add the trigger to quit when headset is removed, the app quits on startup and I'm not sure why
    All the triggers work the same way they trigger when the configured event happens and are valid until the negative of that happens. So when you add headphones connected trigger the mode activates when headphones connected and deactivates when you remove the headphones. No need to add second trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post

I have a car mode setup when I hook up the aux jack nanplayer starts so I can stream music in my car. When I disconnect the mode closes and it closes apps started during that mode. perfect!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have a car mode setup when I hook up the aux jack nanplayer starts so I can stream music in my car. When I disconnect the mode closes and it closes apps started during that mode. perfect!
    Sorry for the off topic question but is the IPK for nanplayer available somewhere, or is it just for VIP's?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The setting On Charger controls how display works when pre is on charger. It has turn off option, no need to play with brightness.
    Brilliant!

Thank you sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by aa6vh View Post
    What I did was create a mode (which I call "Normal") that does a few things that my default mode does not, and then the mode closes (which automatically invokes the default mode).

In the Apps section of my "Normal" mode, set Mode Switcher to process "After Mode Start", action "Close Mode", Mode "Current Mode".

You can then create a shortcut to this "Normal" mode, and viola you have a way of invoking the default mode.
    Good idea.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    is there a tutorial for mode switcher?for some reason I can't seem to grasp the operation of this app. I can set some settings tweaking the default mode but don't understand how adding my own modes work. I did manage to create my own mode but not sure how it can auto load on reboot.

sorry for all the questions but I couldn't find any tutorial or walk through of this app. (examples would be great)

thanks