Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #781  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    So this is potentially a really dumb obvious question, but I couldn't find the answer perusing the wiki or manual. Basically, I'm wondering about the options for starting modes manually. I understand you can activate them either by creating a launcher icon or by adding the topbar patches so you can select it in the menu. But is there a third way? I could swear that when I first started using Modeswitcher a couple of months ago that you could activate modes in the app itself. Am I hellucinating or is there a way to do this that I'm not remembering?
    You must be hallucinating since there has not been a way to control modes from the app itself. I am in process of separating the core functionality into service which would mean that there could even be multiple different UI's for MS. For example one made just for manual starting/closing of modes and one for configuring etc. So maybe in the future but definitely not currently or never has been.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quick question:

I want to make a mode to use as kind of a screen saver. Basically, what i want is a way for aniWeather weather app to auto open only when I'm at work. I know how to do this easily, but I'd love the ability for it to take a minute or two before it opens, or to only open when the phone has been idle for a minute or two - just like a real screensaver. Also - it should only enter this screensaver mode when its on the touchstone in a portrait orientation so it doesnt kill the battery.

Mode Switcher lets me set delays on the triggers that open this mode, but the delays only seem to delay shutting the mode down and not for initially turning it on.

So far the only way I have thought that might work is to make an additional trigger for screen status for when the phone is locked. But, that wont work with my current set up of another mode that has my phone always on when on the touchstone at work that has the screen always on, and emails set to immediate syncing etc for power use.

Any thoughts or suggestions for this?

Again, awesome app!!!
    VZW Palm Pre Plus User...
    Just realized that this solution doesnt really work either becuase when they screen locks and opens the screensaver mode, the screen stays locked, and when i unlock it the mode shuts down. Haha.

Back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by brne4x4 View Post
    So far the only way I have thought that might work is to make an additional trigger for screen status for when the phone is locked. But, that wont work with my current set up of another mode that has my phone always on when on the touchstone at work that has the screen always on, and emails set to immediate syncing etc for power use.

Any thoughts or suggestions for this?

Again, awesome app!!!
    VZW Palm Pre Plus User...
    I am having a problem similar to Speebs, where I have a night mode that shuts the screen off on the touchstone between a set time (like the example in the manual shows), but the screen will come back on after a minute or two. One thing to note is that when it comes back on, the touchscreen is inactive, you cannot slide the lock symbol up to do anything on the phone. The phone does update the time on the screen. Once you pull the phone form the touchstone and the mode closes, you can access the phone again. Turning developer mode off did not help.
    Last edited by eindecker2000; 10/26/2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: make it clearer
    Just chiming in, I too have a Touchstone mode which turns the screen off but I am not experiencing any problems with it.
  6.    #786  
    Quote Originally Posted by eindecker2000 View Post
    I am having a problem similar to Speebs, where I have a night mode that shuts the screen off on the touchstone between a set time (like the example in the manual shows), but the screen will come back on after a minute or two. One thing to note is that when it comes back on, the touchscreen is inactive, you cannot slide the lock symbol up to do anything on the phone. The phone does update the time on the screen. Once you pull the phone form the touchstone and the mode closes, you can access the phone again. Turning developer mode off did not help.
    Maybe you have some patch or app that alters the screen brightness and it reacts to MS turning it down to 0. Its very hard to know what is causing it, but you could try removing your patches if you have any that could cause this. I experienced something similar long long time ago and only thing that helped was doctoring.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Maybe Device Menu Megamix? It has a brightness slider. I'll try removing it tonight when I go to bed. The only other patch that should affect brightness would be the ACSP. I don't run any brightness specific apps, and this phone is a relatively new refurb (3rd phone), about 3 weeks in my possession. Of course, I have a bluetooth/wifi reception issue with this unit, but that's another story!
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    You may be having the touchstone cycling problem. Your new phone may be incompatible with that touchstone.

Have you tried this with a different touchstone?
    OK, get this. I removed the Device Menu Megamix system toolbar patch, but that didn't fix the random screen turn-ons. Then I removed the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch, and my Pre has been sitting on my touchstone for over an hour now without the screen turning on once. We'll see if it makes it thru the night.
    Last edited by eindecker2000; 10/27/2010 at 09:36 AM. Reason: to get the patch name right!
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    This was a great suggestion. I tried it, and unfortunately, the "trigger" never occurred (maybe the search doesn't hit this field or field name).

So, I'd still love to have the capability to be able to trigger other settings (eg vibrate) when a meeting with participants becomes active.

Thanks...
    Yeah, bummer that doesn't work.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with my Mode Switcher setup. Thanks Sconix!
    OK, get this. I removed the Device Menu Megamix system toolbar patch, but that didn't fix the random screen turn-ons. Then I removed the Advanced Configuration for System Preferences patch, and my Pre has been sitting on my touchstone for over an hour now without the screen turning on once. We'll see if it makes it thru the night.
    It made it through the night with no screen turn ons. It seems the ACSP patch is interfering with my screen for this mode, bummer. Back to individual patches for those items I use, I guess. Rather have mode switcher than the Prefs patch, though! It's awesome!
  12.    #792  
    It made it through the night with no screen turn ons. It seems the ACSP patch is interfering with my screen for this mode, bummer. Back to individual patches for those items I use, I guess. Rather have mode switcher than the Prefs patch, though! It's awesome!
    All I can say that it should not be ACSP. I am using it myself obviously and no problems. And in the patch there really should not be anything that could turn the screen on. You could try installing it again and check that your screen brightness is above 5. Not sure if it effects, but its something that could somehow effect to this. Then also check that you have the speakerphone setting set to only manual. Its the only setting that has something to do with screen. Otherwise I just can't see how the patch could cause the screen turning on.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    All I can say that it should not be ACSP. I am using it myself obviously and no problems. And in the patch there really should not be anything that could turn the screen on. You could try installing it again and check that your screen brightness is above 5. Not sure if it effects, but its something that could somehow effect to this. Then also check that you have the speakerphone setting set to only manual. Its the only setting that has something to do with screen. Otherwise I just can't see how the patch could cause the screen turning on.
    First of all, I just want to thank you for all the hard work you put into these patches and Mode Switcher, they are awesome!

Regarding my issue, I reinstalled ACSP, and didn't touch any settings. I verified my brightness was above 5 (it was 15). When on the touchstone the problem re-appeared right away. Then I went into the phone preferences, and it showed that speakerphone was set to "only manually". I went ahead and used the drop-down to manually select "only manually". The problem is still there. Oh well, I'll have to try something else. I'm going to remove ACSP for now and see if that is a long term solution, or maybe it was just a fluke last night.

Thanks again!
    First of all, I just want to thank you for all the hard work you put into these patches and Mode Switcher, they are awesome!

Regarding my issue, I reinstalled ACSP, and didn't touch any settings. I verified my brightness was above 5 (it was 15). When on the touchstone the problem re-appeared right away. Then I went into the phone preferences, and it showed that speakerphone was set to "only manually". I went ahead and used the drop-down to manually select "only manually". The problem is still there. Oh well, I'll have to try something else. I'm going to remove ACSP for now and see if that is a long term solution, or maybe it was just a fluke last night.

Thanks again!
    Have you tried rebuilding your default mode in MS.?
    OK, I am getting the failure even after removal of the ACSP patch now. One thing I noticed, right before the screen turns off (desired function), it goes super dim (I'm sure the brightness is < 5) before it turns off. Is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Have you tried rebuilding your default mode in MS.?
    No, is that a normal requirement after installing a patch?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I've been having the same problem with GPS triggers. MS seems to "disable", for lack of a better word, the GPS. When I turn off MS, GPS tracking works fine (in Sprint Nav and Google Maps); enable MS and I lose the GPS signal. Kinda frustrating. Hope 2.0 can address this. thanks
    No, is that a normal requirement after installing a patch?
    I wouldn't say it is standard procedure for all, but I have found it helps when I get weird behaviour.

I have also found that I occasionally need to fix my other modes too esp after importing a mode.
  19.    #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlawrnce View Post
    I've been having the same problem with GPS triggers. MS seems to "disable", for lack of a better word, the GPS. When I turn off MS, GPS tracking works fine (in Sprint Nav and Google Maps); enable MS and I lose the GPS signal. Kinda frustrating. Hope 2.0 can address this. thanks
    I don't have a clue where this comes from. For me all GPS applications including MS works at the same time. MS uses the default API's provided by the WebOS so it should not in any way "steal" the GPS. My guess is that theres something wrong with your WebOS installation, but cannot be sure.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Is it possible to modify application triggers to have a list of applications instead of only one application per trigger. I would like an "on demand" data trigger based on the applications that need it. This can be accomplished now with individual triggers but it is very laborious to input all the triggers.

Thanks