Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes that is correct operation then Just disable the notification banner (on settings page in the very top) on the modes and then you wont see the notification.
    Exactly what I have done and now all works perfectly for me. Amazing how well this app works when you RTFM!
    I have to admit that I was quite busy today and have not finished updating he manual to the current release. Hopefully I'll have it finished by the morning.

I also have a request of current MS users:

I am writing a 'tips' page for the manual to cover suggestions of ways to use modes and MS in general that are not necessarily covered by the cursory explanation the manual provides.

if anyone would like to suggest tips, usage scenarios, or modes to be included in this section, please PM me or email them to tobiasrfunke@gmail.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsprinter View Post
    I keep getting "1out of 12 hunks FAILED" not the “1 of 1 hunk failed -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej” when trying to install System Menu Initial Frame. I've never had “Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot”. I've even gone as far as removing all my top bar apps with no success. Any Ideas
    The important part of the error is the filename that the rejects are saved to. That will let us know which file on the Pre is already modified and causing a conflict.

Did you ever have this patch installed before? It's possible you still have remnants left over from an old installation. Or it's possible that you still have a patch installed that is conflicting.

The reason the Brightness Unlinked error is easy to identify is because the affected file "/etc/palm/luna.conf" is only modified by two patches total (MS and BU).
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsprinter View Post
    I keep getting "1out of 12 hunks FAILED" not the “1 of 1 hunk failed -- saving rejects to file etc/palm/luna.conf.rej” when trying to install System Menu Initial Frame. I've never had “Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot”. I've even gone as far as removing all my top bar patches with no success. Any Ideas
    The launch brightness unlinked problem is related to the launch MS on luna start not to the initial framework patch. You have some top bar related patch installed that conflicts with the initial framework patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I also hope no one takes offense at this, but please try to keep all issues related to patches in the Official Patch Thread, which is linked in the OP of this thread.

The goal is to keep this thread specific to the MS application.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, and maybe there is a more appropriate place for this, but... is there a reason someone can't make a patch that starts both Brightness Unlinked and MS at boot?
    Single Words;

1-DANG!
    2-Using
    3-Thanks
    4-Donated
    5-WOW!
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I love this app it helps my battery so much. I just wish I could make a driving mode but the TS in my car is messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Just out of curiosity, and maybe there is a more appropriate place for this, but... is there a reason someone can't make a patch that starts both Brightness Unlinked and MS at boot?
    It can easily be done, but between MS easily replicating the Touchstone functionality of BU and the availability of the Inverted Keyboard Brightness patch, I would wonder if it makes much sense to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    It can easily be done, but between MS easily replicating the Touchstone functionality of BU and the availability of the Inverted Keyboard Brightness patch, I would wonder if it makes much sense to do so.
    inverted keyboard brightness patch?
    I love mode switcher! So awesome. The possibilities seem almost endless. Amazing work! Kudos to all involved with this. Can't wait to learn more.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I agree... I use the fixed keyboard brightness patch (slightly modified) instead of BU, but I believe it's still a relatively obscure patch. Just throwing it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I agree... I use the fixed keyboard brightness patch (slightly modified) instead of BU, but I believe it's still a relatively obscure patch. Just throwing it out there.
    I wonder why the author of that patch has not submitted it to Preware yet.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I wonder why the author of that patch has not submitted it to Preware yet.

-- Rod
    I was wondering the same thing, but at least I am currently making an advanced system preferences patch that will add the inverted keyboard brightness thing and lots of other configurable things into preference applications (things that I think should have been there). Will submit it to the Preware once ready.

As a side note, also the advanced app launcher patch is gaining ability to have tabs and hide icons and rename them some time soon. For both features people kindly gave me donations to implement them so I did/will.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/25/2010 at 02:32 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, but at least I am currently making an advanced system preferences patch that will add the inverted keyboard brightness thing and lots of other configurable things into preference applications (things that I think should have been there). Will submit it to the Preware once ready.

As a side note, also the advanced app launcher patch is gaining ability to have tabs and hide icons and rename them some time soon. For both features people kindly gave me donations to implement them so I did.
    Awesome on both counts!

At some point we're going to need to do some spring cleaning of the patches feed and end-of-life those patches that your configurable patches fully subsume.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    This app is amazing.
    Doesn't Preware offer to do the Luna Restart for you automatically on update?

-- Rod
    Hey Rod...

Yes it does, but sometimes I choose later, then go off and install other apps/patches, then forget to do a luna before I close off Preware.

Sometimes it's nothing more than a good ole ID10T error.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Hey Rod...

Yes it does, but sometimes I choose later, then go off and install other apps/patches, then forget to do a luna before I close off Preware.

Sometimes it's nothing more than a good ole ID10T error.
    Maybe Preware should be a bit more insistent and remember what you haven't done yet and remind you again after each subsequent install ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    inverted keyboard brightness patch?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rightness.html

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Maybe Preware should be a bit more insistent and remember what you haven't done yet and remind you again after each subsequent install ...

-- Rod
    Sounds like a good thing to me.

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast