Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Anyone else having trouble with sound levels not setting when switching modes?

I'm running ACSP and MS. With ACSP I'm not getting consistent sound levels settings to stick. Sometimes after I set the 3 sound levels to Max, then go back into Sound Settings I see the sound levels back where they were.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

I'm running ACSP and MS. With ACSP I'm not getting consistent sound levels settings to stick. Sometimes after I set the 3 sound levels to Max, then go back into Sound Settings I see the sound levels back where they were.
    I use both ACSP and MS extensively and don't seem to have this issue.

You could run the Report Problem from the MS App Menu after this happens or could gather the logs and email them to Sconix. I don't have the exact steps for this off hand, but search back in the ACSP thread, Sconix posted instructions on how to access and send the logs to him.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Sconix: Thanks for the follow up. I have an ATT Pre+ and have not been using the GPS fix application. I ran two tests this morning with MS turned off and had no problems with finding and keep a GPS signal. The main trigger was that ATT Nav was running in the foreground.

Could the issue have been related to turning off WIFI when my GPS mode was triggered? GPS is on in my default mode. I will do some more testing and report back here with my finding. I plan to take a few mode drives with MS off. If no problems show up then I will turn MS on and see what happens.
    back when there were all of those long verizon has crippled my gps threads there were a number of people reporting that turning off the WIFI caused the GPS to go to sleep whether they were connected to a network or not -- there was some speculation that the two were tied together -- not sure what came of it --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

I have seen where my default mode overrides my modifier volumes. Particularly when exiting a mode to a time of day trigger mode. My solution was to start the time of day mode before exiting the closing mode.

This has seemed to "fix" this "issue". I quote these b/c these are not really bugs per se, but rather misunderstood functionality of MS.

Hope this helps your issue.

EDIT: EDIT: I think my response is way off your post. Sorry. You might try resetting your default mode volume setting. Open Sound Settings and set the volume to max (or whatever you want). Then go into default mode, swipe away your volume setting and add it back. You new settings should stick.
    Last edited by palmuse; 10/21/2010 at 09:03 PM.
    I've created a mode that disables WIFI when I disconnect from my home network. However, how do I set it up so WIFI is automatically turned back on when my home network is in range? I don't think I can use a GPS trigger because I another mode that only turns on GPS if SprintNav, WeatherIcon, or Google Maps is activated.

Any suggestions?
    Hi Sconix! Is that possible to add 1 or 2 min interval time interval trigger to Mode switcher? Currently it has minimum 5 min duration. I use this trigger to activate my data connection every 30 min, so it is active for 5 min. I use data for email mostly, so the option for 1 min interval should save battery more and be enough to retrieve emails. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I've created a mode that disables WIFI when I disconnect from my home network. However, how do I set it up so WIFI is automatically turned back on when my home network is in range? I don't think I can use a GPS trigger because I another mode that only turns on GPS if SprintNav, WeatherIcon, or Google Maps is activated.

Any suggestions?
    I have set my data on demand mode to only turn on data when disconnected from my home wifi that works well for me. I don't have to turn wifi on and off it does it automatically.

I wonder if you could set up gps mode to use a gps location trigger to connect wifi when in location (xxxx) and modify your previous gps trigger to only connect when in location.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have set my data on demand mode to only turn on data when disconnected from my home wifi that works well for me. I don't have to turn wifi on and off it does it automatically.
    What did you do to make your mode turn wifi on and off automatically? For me, turning it back on automatically when I get home seems to be the problem.

I'm not sure how I would modify my GPS mode because it only kicks in when a GPS app is open; otherwise GPS is off.
    Let's say wifi is on and data is off. If you are on a call, are you still able to surf the internet and send/receive texts?
    What did you do to make your mode turn wifi on and off automatically? For me, turning it back on automatically when I get home seems to be the problem.

I'm not sure how I would modify my GPS mode because it only kicks in when a GPS app is open; otherwise GPS is off.
    I have a data on demand mode set with a wifi trigger set to turn on data when wifi is disconnected. When data is not needed it is off. If at home when data is needed it first looks for a wifi signal which it finds.

Let's say wifi is on and data is off. If you are on a call, are you still able to surf the internet and send/receive texts?
    I use my wifi all the time with data off. Yes you are still able to surf the internet, talk on phone and send and receive texts.
    I have a data on demand mode set with a wifi trigger set to turn on data when wifi is disconnected. When data is not needed it is off. If at home when data is needed it first looks for a wifi signal which it finds.
    How do you configure it to look for a wifi signal if the wifi radio is off?
    My wifi is turned on all the time and with these settings it handles the switches well. I have installed another patch that hides wifi when no in use. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...stem-menu.html
    Default mode system settings, phone enabled, data disabled wifi do not set, bluetooth do not set, gps disabled.
    Data on demand mode type Modifier
    Stystem settings phone do not set, data enabled, wifi do not set. bluetooth do not set, gps disabled. triggers wifi trigger state disconnected no delay.
  13.    #773  
    Quote Originally Posted by fantomaas View Post
    Hi Sconix! Is that possible to add 1 or 2 min interval time interval trigger to Mode switcher? Currently it has minimum 5 min duration. I use this trigger to activate my data connection every 30 min, so it is active for 5 min. I use data for email mostly, so the option for 1 min interval should save battery more and be enough to retrieve emails. Thanks
    The minimum time supported by the WebOS wakeup timeout is 5min. It would be possible to make the 1 or 2 minutes with wakeup timer based on date + time, but I am a bit skeptical that how much it would give ore battery life compared to the bit more complicated code. But I might add it some point, first I need to see how well MS performs in 2.0. Since one reason for the sleeps and large minimum timeouts has been that on 1.4.5 the system requests seems much more heavier than I think they should be so I have tried to minimize those with all possible ways like the forcing the time between mode switching to a certain period. But I am hopeful that in webOS 2.0 the system requests are more lightweight so lets see maybe I can get rid off all those stupid limitations.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    This is a great looking app for the pre.

The main feature I was looking for, keeping the screen always on while on touchstone is not available. The notes at webos-internals say it is coming in next release. This is just a note to vote for need of this feature.

Thanks for the development.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmin View Post

The main feature I was looking for, keeping the screen always on while on touchstone is not available. The notes at webos-internals say it is coming in next release. This is just a note to vote for need of this feature.

There is a work around for this. Check some of the earlier posts to see how its done.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    My wifi is turned on all the time and with these settings it handles the switches well. I have installed another patch that hides wifi when no in use. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...stem-menu.html
    Default mode system settings, phone enabled, data disabled wifi do not set, bluetooth do not set, gps disabled.
    Data on demand mode type Modifier
    Stystem settings phone do not set, data enabled, wifi do not set. bluetooth do not set, gps disabled. triggers wifi trigger state disconnected no delay.
    I thought having wifi on when it is not connected to a network drains the battery. Is that not true? If it does not affect the battery then I'll just leave it on at all times. The wifi hide patch just hides the icon but does not turn off wifi, right?
    I believe the information distributed with the Pre by Palm itself actually recommends leaving the Wifi radio on for optimal battery life. Not sure if it's 100% factual.
    Ok, sounds good!

Time to play with some of the things mamouton mentioned in his posts!

Thanks to all of you!
    Last edited by sjamie; 10/24/2010 at 01:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmin View Post

I don't understand what you mean. I have a Night Mode, in that mode I have a trigger based on Touchstone and have the setting ON CHARGER set to always on. And the screen doesn't turn off
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    So this is potentially a really dumb obvious question, but I couldn't find the answer perusing the wiki or manual. Basically, I'm wondering about the options for starting modes manually. I understand you can activate them either by creating a launcher icon or by adding the topbar patches so you can select it in the menu. But is there a third way? I could swear that when I first started using Modeswitcher a couple of months ago that you could activate modes in the app itself. Am I hellucinating or is there a way to do this that I'm not remembering?
    Twitter: @dvdmon