Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The screen always on while on charger option is not working for you?

Anyway support for never and other screen turn off options are coming.
    Correct. I have always on selected for my "Car on Stone" mode, but the screen does not stay on. I added "Launch NOdoze" which helped. One of the triggers is the Nav is running. The foreground/background option messes me up a bit.

Can the application option include an Either option along with foreground/background?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #722  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Correct. I have always on selected for my "Car on Stone" mode, but the screen does not stay on. I added "Launch NOdoze" which helped. One of the triggers is the Nav is running. The foreground/background option messes me up a bit.

Can the application option include an Either option along with foreground/background?
    Well MS does the screen always on the same way than NoDoze. Not sure why it does not work for you. Something must be overriding the request.

As for the second thing neither would make the mode active all the time. The foreground means that app is maximized, and background means that app is minimized or closed. There is no way currently in WebOS to get notified when app is started or closed so hence the app trigger currently remains a bit limited.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Well MS does the screen always on the same way than NoDoze. Not sure why it does not work for you. Something must be overriding the request.

As for the second thing neither would make the mode active all the time. The foreground means that app is maximized, and background means that app is minimized or closed. There is no way currently in WebOS to get notified when app is started or closed so hence the app trigger currently remains a bit limited.
    Once MS has the Screen option for Turn off After = NEVER then I should be all set.
  4.    #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Once MS has the Screen option for Turn off After = NEVER then I should be all set.
    There is a workaround for this though already, I have told it so many times so I only give the headlines this time When set in system side and then added the settings into mode it fetches system settings and stores them into mode so its possible to get values into setting even MS does not support them in the selection list.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I'm sure these things have already been mentioned, but the search function isn't working for me (not sure why).

Is it possible to have a delay on the Bluetooth trigger?
    Is it possible to detect when there is an active phone call? I'd like to block other modes while the phone is active, so that my "battery saver" mode doesn't turn off my bluetooth when I'm in the middle of a call, and so that I can mute all alerts while I'm on a call (which I think would negate the need for the patch that's supposed to do this).
  6.    #726  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I'm sure these things have already been mentioned, but the search function isn't working for me (not sure why).

Is it possible to have a delay on the Bluetooth trigger?
    Is it possible to detect when there is an active phone call? I'd like to block other modes while the phone is active, so that my "battery saver" mode doesn't turn off my bluetooth when I'm in the middle of a call, and so that I can mute all alerts while I'm on a call (which I think would negate the need for the patch that's supposed to do this).
    There is no delay in bluetooth trigger. Why do you need one?

There is no way to detect active phone call currently, but what you can do is add the application background trigger with phone app for your modes triggers, Then the triggers should only be valid if phone app is closed or not foreground. Of course if you minimize the phone app while on call then the mode can change.

I would like to MS suspend all mode changing activity when there is a active phone call, but haven't yet added this. I hope that I get this for "2.0" version of MS.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    There is no delay in bluetooth trigger. Why do you need one?

There is no way to detect active phone call currently, but what you can do is add the application background trigger with phone app for your modes triggers, Then the triggers should only be valid if phone app is closed or not foreground. Of course if you minimize the phone app while on call then the mode can change.

I would like to MS suspend all mode changing activity when there is a active phone call, but haven't yet added this. I hope that I get this for "2.0" version of MS.
    regarding bluetooth trigger- I'm trying to automate the bluetooth as much as possible so that I don't have to remember to turn it off to conserve battery all the time. What I would like is to enable my "car hands-free" mode on demand, which enables the bluetooth connection and connects to my car stereo. Disconnecting from the car stereo (when I turn off the car) also turns off car mode and disables the bluetooth connection.

What I am aiming for is a delay on the bluetooth of maybe 15 minutes, so that when I'm only away from the car for a few minutes (running into a store) it doesn't disable the bluetooth connection, which requires me to remember to turn it back on when I get back to the car.

My alternative method is to find an old wireless access point and set it up in my car with the sole purpose of triggering my "car mode" with a WiFi trigger, but that seems like overkill.

regarding phone active trigger: I'm currently doing what you suggested but I was just wondering if you planned on making it more foolproof. Looking forward to 2.0!
    I can't decide if this is a mode switcher problem or not; is anyone else having trouble keeping the screen off while charging? Mine keeps coming back on randomly. Sometimes it turns itself back off, and sometimes it stays on. This happens when plugged in OR on the touchstone, so it's not the "touchstone charging cycle" issue.
    to see if it's Ms., check each mode. In each, check settings. Under preferences>behaviour, check on charger. If you want it to act normally, select "do not set".

if you have advanced preferences installed, check the "screen & lock app" make sure "turn off after" is not set to "never."

make sure you don't have the patch "no auto-off while charging" installed
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    to see if it's Ms., check each mode. In each, check settings. Under preferences>behaviour, check on charger. If you want it to act normally, select "do not set".

if you have advanced preferences installed, check the "screen & lock app" make sure "turn off after" is not set to "never."

make sure you don't have the patch "no auto-off while charging" installed

Thanks. I don't remember what I did but I managed to fix this shortly after I made that post.
  10.    #730  
    regarding bluetooth trigger- I'm trying to automate the bluetooth as much as possible so that I don't have to remember to turn it off to conserve battery all the time. What I would like is to enable my "car hands-free" mode on demand, which enables the bluetooth connection and connects to my car stereo. Disconnecting from the car stereo (when I turn off the car) also turns off car mode and disables the bluetooth connection.

What I am aiming for is a delay on the bluetooth of maybe 15 minutes, so that when I'm only away from the car for a few minutes (running into a store) it doesn't disable the bluetooth connection, which requires me to remember to turn it back on when I get back to the car.

My alternative method is to find an old wireless access point and set it up in my car with the sole purpose of triggering my "car mode" with a WiFi trigger, but that seems like overkill.

regarding phone active trigger: I'm currently doing what you suggested but I was just wondering if you planned on making it more foolproof. Looking forward to 2.0!
    I see, well the whole delay mechanism that is currently there in some triggers I plan to make it somehow better, and I would like to have possibility to have general delays for mode starting / closing etc. So at some point there might be a way to do this.

For now you could set the closing mode to after timer, then you could when leaving from the car temporally cancel the mode closing. Of course not best option since the bluetooth disconnection might take some time so you need to take the phone out of pocket when it happens to select the canceling.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Spent some hours reading and I am about to go through the manual for the second time (this does not come easy for me) but before I spend any more time, could someone please reply if I can create a mode that my Pre will not answer in speakermode when on a Touchstone?
    The Touchstone is in the car, and even though the Platronics bluetooth works fine on outgoing calls on the TS, on incoming calls I always have to manually switch the audio buttom from speaker to BT. Do you think overriding the speaker to normal solve this?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Hi folks,

I am trying to get a modify mode to enable phone data with the "screenstate on" trigger. I have tried several different combinations and I have it working but it takes several seconds to activate upon turning on the screen.

Essentially what I am trying to achieve is phone data off while screenstate is off (like the wifi sleep mode built in to webos).

No matter how I set it up, there is always significant delay (15-30 sec) of phone data turning on when activating screen. I can manually pull down the menu and toggle phone data faster than the modify mode can get to it.

Any tips on eliminating this delay would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    jab
  13.    #733  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    Hi folks,

I am trying to get a modify mode to enable phone data with the "screenstate on" trigger. I have tried several different combinations and I have it working but it takes several seconds to activate upon turning on the screen.

Essentially what I am trying to achieve is phone data off while screenstate is off (like the wifi sleep mode built in to webos).

No matter how I set it up, there is always significant delay (15-30 sec) of phone data turning on when activating screen. I can manually pull down the menu and toggle phone data faster than the modify mode can get to it.

Any tips on eliminating this delay would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    jab
    The screen state trigger has forced delay of 15 seconds since its possible to do quick double press and since with current MS the mode changing quickly within short period of time could cause problems. So for now you can't get over that delay, for 2.0 I plan to fix all this kind of "stupid" limitations. There has been no release for a while since I am gearing already for 2.0 and porting the MS for that. I just want to be ready when 2.0 comes out so I have prioritized that above the current 1.x release. I try to find some time to get updated 1.x version out as well in the near future. Once I get the 2.0 ports out of my way there will be lots of new stuff coming to MS and the removing of those delay is definitely on of those.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    great...thanks
    Found it.

"Currently only possible when phone is charger (the on charger option). The possibility to set the screen turn off time to very long is coming, for now you do the following (bit hackish but works): install the patch that adds more screen off times into screen & lock preferences and set the "always on" there and then go to mode and add the screen settings. It will then fetch the current settings from the system so you then will have the setting in the mode as well and are free to change it to back to what ever in the screen & prefs"

When I added the Screen setting to MS, I got Turn Of After 10800. This should be long enough for my needs.
    Hi all,

Can anyone help me to create a mode which I can turn on manually using the top menu (System Menu Mode Menu patch) and it turns off after 5 mins by itself.
    I just want to create a mode which I use when I'm outside and the sun is bright, so I have to raise the screen brightness level from the usual 0 to 100 percent, and I want it to be able to switch off automatically for I always forget to do it myself.

Thanks!
  17.    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by st1512 View Post
    Hi all,

Can anyone help me to create a mode which I can turn on manually using the top menu (System Menu Mode Menu patch) and it turns off after 5 mins by itself.
    I just want to create a mode which I use when I'm outside and the sun is bright, so I have to raise the screen brightness level from the usual 0 to 100 percent, and I want it to be able to switch off automatically for I always forget to do it myself.

Thanks!
    Currently the interval trigger does not support manual starting so making this might be impossible. I try to release new version within next week which should have the manual triggering working for interval trigger.
    Currently the interval trigger does not support manual starting so making this might be impossible. I try to release new version within next week which should have the manual triggering working for interval trigger.
    That would be awesome!
    This doesn't really seem like something mode switcher should do- there are separate patches for keyboard brightness that accomplish the same thing as Brightness Unlinked (although they don't have an interface to change the settings).
    I don't understand why you think this. Mode switcher is good at changing all kinds of settings, including volume, screen brightness, etc. But it shouldn't set the keyboard brightness? It seems to me that kbd brightness is just another setting that'd be nice if mode switcher could manipulate.

The patches that sconix has released for keyboard brightness are a certainly a reasonable substitute. But why not just include the feature in mode switcher? Why is this setting amongst all the settings that it does an inappropriate one?
    Twitter: dullgeek
  20.    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I don't understand why you think this. Mode switcher is good at changing all kinds of settings, including volume, screen brightness, etc. But it shouldn't set the keyboard brightness? It seems to me that kbd brightness is just another setting that'd be nice if mode switcher could manipulate.

The patches that sconix has released for keyboard brightness are a certainly a reasonable substitute. But why not just include the feature in mode switcher? Why is this setting amongst all the settings that it does an inappropriate one?
    Since I don't think that keyboard brightness needs changing. The main purpose of keyboard light is that you see the keys. So for that fixed value is enough for which I could accept any number between 80-100 since all those values are visible when its even little bit of darkness or bad lightning (or even the inverted patch is ok in the sense that it does what it is supposed to). At least the only real reason I could see for to be able to set keyboard light is battery saving, BUT I am 99% sure that having keyboard light at 10 in compared to 90 it will give you maybe 5minutes of more battery life with normal usage. If you set all the real battery consumers off and keep your keyboard+screen with minimum brightness open all day long, then you might get enough for it to be noticeable but who does that, no one. Its just isn't that battery consuming to have a keyboard light or if it is then I have to say that Palm has done something wrong.

I am not saying that MS could never have this option, but there are just so many other things to add before that make much more sense in either at user friendliness or battery saving sense.