Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Doesn't the touchstone cause Gov. to drop to 500mHz?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Doesn't the touchstone cause Gov. to drop to 500mHz?
    It does, however, if the latest versions of the kernel/govnah are being used, you can over-ride the charger setting that drops the speed back to 500MHz.

Without the OP stating so, I'd say you're correct or are at least on the right track.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    I have an issue with Mode Switcher that didnt occur until I doctored my phone and am trying to do it again.

I have a new mode called "Touchstone Car" so that when I put my Pre on my cars touchstone, it does a couple things.

1)Brightness 100%
    2)Open Navit, Google Maps and Music Remix 2.0
    3)Change Govnah profile

The last thing is to switch Govnah from my regular 600Mhz profile to an 800mhz profile I call "Car"

I have it set in Mode Switcher to change the Govnah profile to "Car" when I put it on my touchstone.

The mode switches over successfully and everything works BUT Govnah does not change the profile to Car.

It used to before I Doctored...does anyone know what might have happened to stop it from changing?

Thanks
    You should see if you can get a mod to merge your thread with the Mode Switcher thread or moved to Sconix's sub-forum. That would be the best place for this thread.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    It does, however, if the latest versions of the kernel/govnah are being used, you can over-ride the charger setting that drops the speed back to 500MHz.

Without the OP stating so, I'd say you're correct or are at least on the right track.

Right. But (if he has Mode Switcher configured correctly) wouldn't it still switch profiles and just run at 500MHz?
    I have the latest version of kernel/govnah and make sure that "Overide Touchstone" is turned to "on" so that it wont clock down to 500mhz

Still cant figure out the issue
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    is there currently a way to have a profile ignore just ONE profile?
    i know that you can use Block Mode but that is just to broad for me.
    in my situation i want to block off just one modifier app from my Home profile but i only have the choices of other modes, normal modes, and modifier modes.
    any advice?
    "So you can run and tell that, homeboy"
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanguerrero View Post
    is there currently a way to have a profile ignore just ONE profile?
    i know that you can use Block Mode but that is just to broad for me.
    in my situation i want to block off just one modifier app from my Home profile but i only have the choices of other modes, normal modes, and modifier modes.
    any advice?
    Not yet, although I believe sconix may robustify this feature in the future.

There is a workaround, to an extent. In the application section, you can add "Before Mode Start -> Require Mode -> Default Mode" for example. This can work if you only expect the modifier to be launched when your Default Mode is active (like many who have set up a Home mode, my Default Mode is active when I'm not at home).

If you have more than one Normal mode that you would expect to be active when using this Modifier mode, you'd need to create multiple copies of the mode to use this workaround successfully.

On that note, sconix has mentioned that the "Require Mode" feature may be moved to the Triggers section, which might make its usage more understandable, and also allow it to work with Grouped Triggers.
    I am trying to get Mode Switcher to prompt me with big "By Selection" buttons when I put my Pre on the Touchstone charger in the car. I want it to ask me if I want the DrPodder mode or the Pandora mode. Is that possible?
  10.    #710  
    Quote Originally Posted by jg123 View Post
    I am trying to get Mode Switcher to prompt me with big "By Selection" buttons when I put my Pre on the Touchstone charger in the car. I want it to ask me if I want the DrPodder mode or the Pandora mode. Is that possible?
    Yes, if they both are normal modes and they have the same triggers then when the trigger happens you should get the popup and the middle button can be used to toggle which mode to start.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    [...] but it is still possibility that for some phones it might take until WebOS 2.0 for it to get completely fixed.
    So I undestand that WebOS 2.0 fixes this bug. That's good new!
  12.    #712  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    So I undestand that WebOS 2.0 fixes this bug. That's good new!
    Its not sure yet, but I am very hopeful at least. If it does not then I at least will try to find a workaround that works properly. Not so keen on finding one now since I truly hope that this problem goes a way in 2.0.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I can add this if someone explains how to create entry with participants. If I create a normal calendar entry I don't see this kind of entry. I could figure it out, but info about what kind of event this is and how to create it for testing purposes speeds up the process and then I most likely can include it in next release.
    Meeting requests from google calendar or outlook will result in participants if the meeting organizer invites more someone other than themself. I'd be happy to invite you to a meeting with google if you like. Just pm me with a google address to invite...
    I am still having an issue when using ATT Nav in my car. I have a mode set up called "Car on touchstone" that triggers properly. However, the screen still turns off while the GPS application is running. I need to pull the Pre from the TS and replace it for the screen to come back on. It would be nice if MS had a setting under screen/turn off after that was "never." Under behaviour/on charger I have "Never."

I want the screen to stay on all the time when running Nav. Any suggestions? Maybe I can have this mode launch Nodoze or something similar.

thanks,
    Scott
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  15.    #715  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I am still having an issue when using ATT Nav in my car. I have a mode set up called "Car on touchstone" that triggers properly. However, the screen still turns off while the GPS application is running. I need to pull the Pre from the TS and replace it for the screen to come back on. It would be nice if MS had a setting under screen/turn off after that was "never." Under behaviour/on charger I have "Never."

I want the screen to stay on all the time when running Nav. Any suggestions? Maybe I can have this mode launch Nodoze or something similar.

thanks,
    Scott
    The screen always on while on charger option is not working for you?

Anyway support for never and other screen turn off options are coming.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Is the time interval trigger not working correctly? I have a mode with a non repeating 30 min interval. When this mode is activated manually the mode (its a normal mode) does not close.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    Is the time interval trigger not working correctly? I have a mode with a non repeating 30 min interval. When this mode is activated manually the mode (its a normal mode) does not close.
    The interval trigger is not fully robustified yet. Currently it needs to be triggered (by another trigger) to work properly. A future MS update will allow intervals to work after manual activation.
    So far I only see sound settings for messaging. Is there a way, or is it coming in the future, to have notifications turned off completely when a mode is triggered.
  19.    #719  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    So far I only see sound settings for messaging. Is there a way, or is it coming in the future, to have notifications turned off completely when a mode is triggered.
    Not sure what notifications you mean, there is means to turn of msg/email notifications. If you would like to turn all system notifications then I guess its the system or ringtone volume. If you mean the specific options that my ACSP patch provides like system notifications then this support is coming in the near future.
    Not sure what notifications you mean, there is means to turn of msg/email notifications. If you would like to turn all system notifications then I guess its the system or ringtone volume. If you mean the specific options that my ACSP patch provides like system notifications then this support is coming in the near future.
    Sorry. I wasn't clear. I meant turn off notifications as in how the default settings can be changed to switch notifications off so you wont get a sound or dashboard notification. So i guess that would go with what you said about your ACSP patch that is coming in the near future.