Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    Sconix, first of all I love mode switcher. There seems to be more and more potential applications for it every day. However, I do have one concern for eventually over-designing it to be everything for everybody but ends up not doing anything very well. More specifically, with increasingly more complicated switching schemes, MS has more and more to look in the background, and ends up eating up valuable system resources, and slowing the whole thing down. Should this be a concern?
    For me the performance and reliable functioning is the first priority. Currently there are couple WebOS related limitations that are causing few problems, but I have high hopes that WebOS 2.0 will resolve all of these. MS is designed to be modular, every single extension (settings,application,trigger) can be configured to be not loaded. I just haven't had time (or don't even see a need yet) to add preferences screen where you could select which extensions are loaded. The core functionality of MS is actually very compact piece of code and with the 2.0 release it will be even more compact and efficient. And for example MS does not look anything in the background I just haven't added any features that would need any kind of polling etc. And most of the extensions already work in a way that if they are not used in any of the modes they wont register for any system notifications etc. So don't worry no need to be concerned about that. MS should only use noticeable system resources when mode is changing and for that MS cannot do a lot, but WebOS 2.0 should make the actual mode changing less resource hog at least thats what I am hoping for.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Sconix, have you asked Palm they could give you the beta 2.0 SDK so you could start porting?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I can add this if someone explains how to create entry with participants. If I create a normal calendar entry I don't see this kind of entry. I could figure it out, but info about what kind of event this is and how to create it for testing purposes speeds up the process and then I most likely can include it in next release.
    You can install the UberCalendar patch to add participants to a single calendar entry.
  4.    #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Sconix, have you asked Palm they could give you the beta 2.0 SDK so you could start porting?
    I am in early access program so MS should be ready when 2.0 sees the day light. As should all my patches. With the assumption that I have enough free time to do all that
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    You can install the UberCalendar patch to add participants to a single calendar entry.
    I get "Participants" from syncing with MS exchange/outlook appointments (not sure about gmail calendar events) that have other invitees, but gollyzila suggests a more universal way if one doesn't have access to this.

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Sconix, don't know if this request has been made but in the triggers section, it would be beneficial to be able to select "any charging". I use an "overnight" mode that shuts off the screen, blink notifications, email, etc. At home I use a touchstone and when I travel I just use the wall adapter or USB.

This would help eliminate having to build groups based on charging status.

Thanks
    Dan
  7.    #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Sconix, don't know if this request has been made but in the triggers section, it would be beneficial to be able to select "any charging". I use an "overnight" mode that shuts off the screen, blink notifications, email, etc. At home I use a touchstone and when I travel I just use the wall adapter or USB.

This would help eliminate having to build groups based on charging status.

Thanks
    You don't need groups for that. None of the required options handles same type of triggers as they all should be valid. So triggers with same type are always checked with OR type of check. I still could add the any charger option for clarity and most likely will add at some point.
    sconix,

I experienced some odd behavior from Mode Switcher the other day. I uninstalled the Ubercalendar patch from the forum thread and installed the version from Preware. After Luna restarted, Mode Switcher behaved very erratically. The default mode wasn't behaving correctly, timed and application mode triggers weren't triggering the correct mode switches, and dashboard mode was appearing even though I'd installed the Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot patch installed.

I uninstalled the Ubercalendar patch from Preware and reinstalled the forum thread version. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Mode Switcher. That seemed to fix the problem, but I'm posting this here for your (and others') reference. This is still a great app and I appreciate all the work you've put into it!

(My apologies if this duplicates another post. I haven't read the whole thread.)
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!
  9.    #689  
    Quote Originally Posted by kallan42 View Post
    sconix,

I experienced some odd behavior from Mode Switcher the other day. I uninstalled the Ubercalendar patch from the forum thread and installed the version from Preware. After Luna restarted, Mode Switcher behaved very erratically. The default mode wasn't behaving correctly, timed and application mode triggers weren't triggering the correct mode switches, and dashboard mode was appearing even though I'd installed the Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot patch installed.

I uninstalled the Ubercalendar patch from Preware and reinstalled the forum thread version. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Mode Switcher. That seemed to fix the problem, but I'm posting this here for your (and others') reference. This is still a great app and I appreciate all the work you've put into it!

(My apologies if this duplicates another post. I haven't read the whole thread.)
    MS works just fine with any patches, they can't brake MS. You just most likely had "bad" luna restart and restarting phone would have fixed the situation. When the dashboard shows up its best to restart luna to get rid of it and to make sure that MS starts its operation properly. Hopefully in WebOS 2.0 the dashboard mode is not needed at all, will see at least there is some fixes coming to that so that it is not started in any situation where it should not.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    MS works just fine with any patches, they can't brake MS. You just most likely had "bad" luna restart and restarting phone would have fixed the situation. When the dashboard shows up its best to restart luna to get rid of it and to make sure that MS starts its operation properly. Hopefully in WebOS 2.0 the dashboard mode is not needed at all, will see at least there is some fixes coming to that so that it is not started in any situation where it should not.
    Thanks for this information, sconix. Next time I'll just restart Luna.

Thanks also for all your work with this app. I use it with draghon's Data on Demand setup, and it really helps me conserve battery life. It wouldn't be possible without your app. Have a great weekend.
    --
    I am a (new) Palm user!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Hi Sconix,
    First of all, thank you for your awesome work on this app. I suggest to anyone who didn't do it yet to donate.

Following this thread(s) since pre-1.0 versions, I am using extensively WiFi and Bluetooth triggers for switching modes between car (with touchstone), home, and work. I have to restard my Pre nearly once a day due to webOS hanging on WiFi ou Bluetooth detection.
    I know you told about integrating a workaround in the next release and I am quite impatient to get rid of this issue.
    Any idea when this will happen?
    Or will we have to wait for webOS 2.0 to see it solved?
    I was wondering if an led flashlight setting would be coming to 1.0.8?

currently, I toggle that with the ringer switch via launching the app "myflashlight!" with the ringer switch as the trigger. the goal would be to be able to toggle this in whatever the screen state would be. However, when the screen is off &/or locked, myflashlight will close when I close the mode like it's supposed to, but the light will stay on.
  13.    #693  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratus View Post
    Hi Sconix,
    First of all, thank you for your awesome work on this app. I suggest to anyone who didn't do it yet to donate.

Following this thread(s) since pre-1.0 versions, I am using extensively WiFi and Bluetooth triggers for switching modes between car (with touchstone), home, and work. I have to restard my Pre nearly once a day due to webOS hanging on WiFi ou Bluetooth detection.
    I know you told about integrating a workaround in the next release and I am quite impatient to get rid of this issue.
    Any idea when this will happen?
    Or will we have to wait for webOS 2.0 to see it solved?
    I received my dev phone finally couple days a go. So there will be one or two MS releases during the following week. And hopefully it will fix or at least make the hanging issue better, but it is still possibility that for some phones it might take until WebOS 2.0 for it to get completely fixed.
  14.    #694  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I was wondering if an led flashlight setting would be coming to 1.0.8?

currently, I toggle that with the ringer switch via launching the app "myflashlight!" with the ringer switch as the trigger. the goal would be to be able to toggle this in whatever the screen state would be. However, when the screen is off &/or locked, myflashlight will close when I close the mode like it's supposed to, but the light will stay on.
    At least not for 1.0.8. The next 1.0.8 release will be bug fix release then I should get 1.1.0 out of the door as well couple days later during or right after the following week. Then I start to add features that my system patches add into WebOS so the release will most likely be 1.2.0 and should be out at least within this month. So I could add controlling of flashlight service into 1.1.0 or 1.2.0 release.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I can't decide if this is a mode switcher problem or not; is anyone else having trouble keeping the screen off while charging? Mine keeps coming back on randomly. Sometimes it turns itself back off, and sometimes it stays on. This happens when plugged in OR on the touchstone, so it's not the "touchstone charging cycle" issue.
    For anyone else experiencing this, at least for me, turning off dev mode seems to have fixed it.

Tobias, do you think this is worth adding to the FAQ?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Now that I've turned off Dev Mode, I'm having a lot fewer weird inconsistencies with MS. The only one left is this:

-My "Default" mode is set to have Bluetooth OFF.
    -My "Car" modifier mode is set to have Bluetooth ON. It is set to trigger itself when connected to my car stereo (any profile) via BT. Since BT is normally off, it is never triggered automatically, so I can activate this mode either by simply turning on BT (at which point it connects to my car stereo) or manually turning on "Car" mode (which turns on BT and then connects to the stereo).

This all works fine. Whether I turn on BT and let it connect automatically or manually activate the mode, it connects to my stereo and "Car" mode is active. The problem is that after a few seconds, MS turns the BT connection off. I can't figure out WHY it is doing this, but I'm pretty sure that is what's happening because when I change the "Default" profile to either not disable BT or to enable it, everything works as expected. The problem with this is that it results in BT being on all the time, which I don't want.

I *could* get around this by creating another mode that runs when "Car" mode closes to disable BT and set "Default" to not set the BT at all, but I'd rather not have to use a workaround if I can help it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, Sconix, is there any chance of simply being able to export modes to text files instead of Google Docs? I have a Docs account but it seems like an extra step when all I want to do is see or edit all of the settings in one place, or back them up/restore them.

Thanks!
    As far as adding that to the FAQ, I have Developer Mode on 100% of the time and I don't experience any inconsistencies with MS, including your issue with the screen. So I'm not sure it would be correct to put that in the FAQ after only limited testing.

For the second question, my understanding is that MS is intended to use as many public APIs as possible, and I'm not sure there is a public API to create text files. Additionally, MS can be backed up with Save/Restore. So I think the Google Docs export is a good compromise. You can always save the exported documents to a file from Google Docs itself. I'm sure sconix will consider your request, those are just my feelings.
  18.    #698  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Now that I've turned off Dev Mode, I'm having a lot fewer weird inconsistencies with MS. The only one left is this:

-My "Default" mode is set to have Bluetooth OFF.
    -My "Car" modifier mode is set to have Bluetooth ON. It is set to trigger itself when connected to my car stereo (any profile) via BT. Since BT is normally off, it is never triggered automatically, so I can activate this mode either by simply turning on BT (at which point it connects to my car stereo) or manually turning on "Car" mode (which turns on BT and then connects to the stereo).

This all works fine. Whether I turn on BT and let it connect automatically or manually activate the mode, it connects to my stereo and "Car" mode is active. The problem is that after a few seconds, MS turns the BT connection off. I can't figure out WHY it is doing this, but I'm pretty sure that is what's happening because when I change the "Default" profile to either not disable BT or to enable it, everything works as expected. The problem with this is that it results in BT being on all the time, which I don't want.

I *could* get around this by creating another mode that runs when "Car" mode closes to disable BT and set "Default" to not set the BT at all, but I'd rather not have to use a workaround if I can help it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, Sconix, is there any chance of simply being able to export modes to text files instead of Google Docs? I have a Docs account but it seems like an extra step when all I want to do is see or edit all of the settings in one place, or back them up/restore them.

Thanks!
    For some reason the mode gets closed. Either the bluetooth trigger you have is not correctly configured or something odd is happening. You could use the send problem report action from the menu right after this happens so I get the logs and your config and can see why its happening.

For the exporting to text file, its not supported by Palm API's as far as I know and I don't want to add dependencies to MS so won't add that before its possible with Palm API's. There is better "managing" of modes coming, but its not high on my list. For backup/restore you can use Save/Restore app.
    I have an issue with Mode Switcher that didnt occur until I doctored my phone and am trying to do it again.

I have a new mode called "Touchstone Car" so that when I put my Pre on my cars touchstone, it does a couple things.

1)Brightness 100%
    2)Open Navit, Google Maps and Music Remix 2.0
    3)Change Govnah profile

The last thing is to switch Govnah from my regular 600Mhz profile to an 800mhz profile I call "Car"

I have it set in Mode Switcher to change the Govnah profile to "Car" when I put it on my touchstone.

The mode switches over successfully and everything works BUT Govnah does not change the profile to Car.

It used to before I Doctored...does anyone know what might have happened to stop it from changing?

Thanks
    Did you add the click on apps, then add srv, then click, on start and choose your Car Profile?