Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Question: Have you had good success with Govnah settings in MS.? I tried it a while back and ran into issues w the freq updates to Govnah. These have slowed, but have you had to redo your setting in MS a lot?
    I had to redo MS profiles with custom screenstates after the last govnah/uber update. Seemed the old custom govnah profiles were no longer recognized profiles any longer. Strange, but the fix was faily painless.
    Quote Originally Posted by luau joe View Post
    I had to redo MS profiles with custom screenstates after the last govnah/uber update. Seemed the old custom govnah profiles were no longer recognized profiles any longer. Strange, but the fix was faily painless.
    Yeah. I suppose it is easy. I think I will give it a go again. Thx
    I looked through the pages and couldn't find this issue addressed, but if it has, I apologize:

Is there a way to keep wifi from going to sleep through MS?

When I'm at home, wifi "connected to" triggers my home setting, but after awhile wifi goes to sleep and 'default' mode goes back on, if I'm not using my phone.

I saw various posts regarding wifi triggers, but nothing about what to do when it sleeps. There is an app called NoDoze, but I can't set that app to 'activate' through MS. I can run the app, but not 'activate'.

How are others handling the issue when wifi goes to sleep, if wifi connected to is the trigger?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mgonsoulin View Post
    I looked through the pages and couldn't find this issue addressed, but if it has, I apologize:

When I'm at home, wifi "connected to" triggers my home setting, but after awhile wifi goes to sleep and 'default' mode goes back on, if I'm not using my phone.

I saw various posts regarding wifi triggers, but nothing about what to do when it sleeps. There is an app called NoDoze, but I can't set that app to 'activate' through MS. I can run the app, but not 'activate'.

How are others handling the issue when wifi goes to sleep, if wifi connected to is the trigger?

Thanks!
    Open Wi-Fi app, open App Menu, tap Sleep Settings, and then choose your desired setting (Keep Wi-Fi On).
    Quote Originally Posted by mgonsoulin View Post

Thanks!

can't you go to wifi settings card -- preferences -- sleep settings -- don't sleep??

that should fix your problem
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    um... yeah... now I feel a bit stupid.... didn't think to look there.

thanks for the responses.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    How do you keep the screen on? I have only seen options for 5 minutes
  8.    #668  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    How do you keep the screen on? I have only seen options for 5 minutes
    Currently only possible when phone is charger (the on charger option). The possibility to set the screen turn off time to very long is coming, for now you do the following (bit hackish but works): install the patch that adds more screen off times into screen & lock preferences and set the "always on" there and then go to mode and add the screen settings. It will then fetch the current settings from the system so you then will have the setting in the mode as well and are free to change it to back to what ever in the screen & prefs.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Upcoming Thread Movement Notification:

This thread (and other threads for applications and patches created by sconix) will shortly be moving to the Enlightened Linux Solutions subforum. This subforum will become the centralized location for all discussions related to sconix' work.

This notice is being posted in each thread that will be moved.
    Is there a single thread/discussion specifically for exported/uploaded/shared modes? Would love to find some that others have created to import and go beyond what I've done for myself...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  11.    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Is there a single thread/discussion specifically for exported/uploaded/shared modes? Would love to find some that others have created to import and go beyond what I've done for myself...
    Once the threads are moved I think I'll/we start a new thread about sharing modes with short instructions on the first post so that would the preferred way to post modes to be shared for now. At some point there will be much better support for sharing modes in MS itself, but not very soon.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    This is a good example of something that the new subforum can be used for.

Having one centralized forum for MS and sconix' patches will make it easier for individual threads to be created for things like this.

edit: beaten by the man himself
    Question: Have you had good success with Govnah settings in MS.? I tried it a while back and ran into issues w the freq updates to Govnah. These have slowed, but have you had to redo your setting in MS a lot?
    Everything appears to be running smoothly for me on this. But, I also have only recently realized I could use MS to adjust govnah, so maybe I haven't had it set long enough to notice a problem.

Also, Only a few key modes actually touch govnah the way I have my modes set up.

The rest of the time i just keep my Pre running at 250/1000 speed. So again, I'm not having it change a lot anyway.
    VZW Palm Pre Plus User...
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Once the threads are moved I think I'll/we start a new thread about sharing modes with short instructions on the first post so that would the preferred way to post modes to be shared for now. At some point there will be much better support for sharing modes in MS itself, but not very soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    This is a good example of something that the new subforum can be used for.

Having one centralized forum for MS and sconix' patches will make it easier for individual threads to be created for things like this.

edit: beaten by the man himself
    Thanks!
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    There is now a Mode Sharing thread in the Enlightened Linux developer subforum. It includes a template for posting modes, and I have shared one of my modes as an example.

Keep in mind that to share a mode publicly in this thread, you will need an active Google Docs account, preferably the one that you are using to export your modes.

I would also like to keep discussion about individual shared modes to this thread, to keep the repository itself free from discussion.
    Can you not use the Calendar trigger to look for the keyword "Participants"
    This was a great suggestion. I tried it, and unfortunately, the "trigger" never occurred (maybe the search doesn't hit this field or field name).

So, I'd still love to have the capability to be able to trigger other settings (eg vibrate) when a meeting with participants becomes active.

Thanks...
    I have a touchstone in my car, and use MS to detect: TS & audio line out - triggering drPodder to launch and screen brightness to 80%

I would LOVE to have the ability to set a custom govnah option to overclock to say - 720mHz while in this "car mode"

I have a TS at home as well, and dont particularly want to overclock when it's just on that (no audio line plugged in - thus differentiating this from my other mode)

I know govnah has a Ts override - but I dont believe it allows a custom mHz setting? it will ramp it all the way to my current Screenstate 500/1000. Is there any way to:

1: Enable TS override as part of MS so that it only happens in certain modes? (ie car mode)

2: Set this override to a custom mHz amount - not the default non-charging amount?

Thanks!
  19.    #679  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    This was a great suggestion. I tried it, and unfortunately, the "trigger" never occurred (maybe the search doesn't hit this field or field name).

So, I'd still love to have the capability to be able to trigger other settings (eg vibrate) when a meeting with participants becomes active.

Thanks...
    I can add this if someone explains how to create entry with participants. If I create a normal calendar entry I don't see this kind of entry. I could figure it out, but info about what kind of event this is and how to create it for testing purposes speeds up the process and then I most likely can include it in next release.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I can add this if someone explains how to create entry with participants. If I create a normal calendar entry I don't see this kind of entry. I could figure it out, but info about what kind of event this is and how to create it for testing purposes speeds up the process and then I most likely can include it in next release.
    Sconix, first of all I love mode switcher. There seems to be more and more potential applications for it every day. However, I do have one concern for eventually over-designing it to be everything for everybody but ends up not doing anything very well. More specifically, with increasingly more complicated switching schemes, MS has more and more to look in the background, and ends up eating up valuable system resources, and slowing the whole thing down. Should this be a concern?