Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Nope. I actually haven't been online in about a week so I didn't even know it existed. I had to look it up just to know what you were talking about
    Ok. Then I don't have an answer for you. I am not having this issue as related to MS alone.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I'm getting random dashboard mode when I reboot. Normal boot without dashboard most of the time.

I don't see a pattern. Anyone else seeing this?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  3.    #643  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I'm getting random dashboard mode when I reboot. Normal boot without dashboard most of the time.

Why do you reboot your phone its not windows you know Joking aside this is known problem and one of those that I am waiting my dev phone to arrive to test this. Since don't want to keep restarting my phone in the hopes of finding why this is happening.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

Occasionally I have this same issue, but it is very rare.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

great great great program. With this and the abiity to use it to adjust uber kernal/govnah and custom speeds this makes for some crazy good dialed in settings to save battery when you need to and to run blazingy fast the rest of the time
    VZW Palm Pre Plus User...
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Occasionally I have this same issue, but it is very rare.
    me too, minor inconvenience, I just swipe it away. otherwise wonderful program
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I can't decide if this is a mode switcher problem or not; is anyone else having trouble keeping the screen off while charging? Mine keeps coming back on randomly. Sometimes it turns itself back off, and sometimes it stays on. This happens when plugged in OR on the touchstone, so it's not the "touchstone charging cycle" issue.
    I get this too, not sure why....
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Wow, the potential here is nearly limitless! Great great app!

Two questions:

1. Is there a 'Mode Switcher for Dummies' thread/post? :-) I know I've only begun to scratch the surface of what this can do, and look forward to learning more.

2. How about a 'Post your MS Modes' thread as examples for others? Just expanding on #1 for the more advanced scenarios.

I did see the Mode Switcher All Day battery life thread, and have not yet read thru it, but I am sure it will prove beneficial.

Sconix - thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    Wow, the potential here is nearly limitless! Great great app!

Two questions:

1. Is there a 'Mode Switcher for Dummies' thread/post? :-) I know I've only begun to scratch the surface of what this can do, and look forward to learning more.

2. How about a 'Post your MS Modes' thread as examples for others? Just expanding on #1 for the more advanced scenarios.

I did see the Mode Switcher All Day battery life thread, and have not yet read thru it, but I am sure it will prove beneficial.

Sconix - thanks again!
    Start with the first post of this thread. It explains a great deal and links to the wiki and manual for the application.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Been there, done that tobias. As well as the other 30-odd pages in this thread.

Both of my questions go beyond the scope of the first post, the wiki, and the manual.

I'm looking for what others are actually doing with the app.
    Been there, done that tobias. As well as the other 30-odd pages in this thread.

Both of my questions go beyond the scope of the first post, the wiki, and the manual.

I'm looking for what others are actually doing with the app.
    I've got 10 modes made up. I get a lot of emails at all hours of the day and night so this really helps to keep my battery life good and keep from being irritating at night.

Night Mode: 10pm to 6am - no email syncing. Screen brightness dims and notifications are really quiet for sms etc. Ringer volume is turned up to wake me up in the event of an emergency call at 2am or something

Morning: 6am to 8am - Emails start to come through but silently, so if I'm asleep they dont wake me up, or if Im up getting ready for work, they dont wake my wife up.

Work: 8am - 6pm My work email addresses sync instantly with new emails, personal emails every hour or so to savee battery.

Power User Mode: 8am to 10pm (and must be charging to take effect) - All email is set to instant sync as long as im charging. Screen brightness is on. Basically this mode gives me 100% functionality available on the phone whenever im on a charger and not worried about a battery dying. Screen is always on.

Weekday After work: 6pm to 10pm - Work emails sync every hour, and personal emails sync instant.

Low Battery Mode: if my battery hits 25% all email goes to manual sync only and screen brightness lowers to save battery and my overclocking goes down.

Alarm Clock: 9pm to 9am - If phone is on touchstone in landscape mode, flip clock app is open and and screen is all the way dim and notification blinking is off - perfect for a nice looking bedside clock.

Save My Battery: If i know im gonna be away from a charger all day, i turn this mode on to turn off everything i dont need to save battery. Emails sync manually only. and data is actually turned off. If i need it I can turn it back on. But the battery will last a lot longer and the phone basically turns into a dumbphone with no special extras. Keeps my clocking at 250mhz when screen is off and limited to 500 when on.

Car mode: Volumes way up, and opens my GPS app. Screen is always on

Weekend mode: Work email doesnt sync. Personal email only sync every hour.

In addition to these main settings for each mode, I have each mode do different things to my overclocking to give me good power, or conservative battery life as well as adjusting volume for media and notifications, and wifi on/off, data on/off gps on/off.

All of this makes for some really great personalization.
    Global Posts
    616 Global Posts
    Wow brne4x4, that's what I'm looking for. Great stuff, thanks!

I'm at two modes (remember, I just started) - home and work, and neither is customized very much at all.

How do you control/set the overclocking adjustments in speed? That's very neat too. Hadn't thought about the potential battery savings there.
    Wow brne4x4, that's what I'm looking for. Great stuff, thanks!

I'm at two modes (remember, I just started) - home and work, and neither is customized very much at all.

How do you control/set the overclocking adjustments in speed? That's very neat too. Hadn't thought about the potential battery savings there.
    I use govnah to set different speed profiles, and then mode switcher can select them. just click on one of your modes in mode switcher and hit the apps button and then hit the Add Srv button and select govnah and the speed profile of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    These are two packages* (one is an app, one is a patch for an existing Preware app) that I have made for the purpose of scheduling device resets with Mode Switcher:
    * Thanks go to Zinge for the app I based the packages on, "Reset Button".

1. Patch for "Reset Button", found in Preware:

This is a patch for zinge's Reset Button application. It removes the confirmation popup and changes the full Device Reset to a simple Luna Restart. Obviously Reset Button must be installed prior to installing this patch.

It can be downloaded HERE.

Note: This patch requires Jason Robitaille's "SysToolsMgr" service to be installed. This can be found in Preware.

2. "Device Reset" application:

This is a modified version of zinge's Reset Button with a different appid and name, so it can be installed alongside the default version. The only thing that is changed is that the confirmation popup has been removed. This app performs a full Device Reset.

It can be downloaded HERE.

I made these packages for my own personal use with Mode Switcher modes to reset my phone. Feel free to use them for the same purpose. Please direct any issues you have with them to lindsay@jupiterns.org or a forum pm. sconix is not responsible for any problems you have installing or operating these packages.
    tobias---can reset button and device reset apps be hidden in the app launcher? Or will they not work if not visible (like preset reset or battery saver)?
    Yes, they work fine when hidden.
    dumb question perhaps Tobias
    Do we need to install both? I am not 100% sure.

1. Patch for "Reset Button", found in Preware:

2. "Device Reset" application
    There is no need to install both, it just depends what you are looking for. The patch for the existing app will do a Luna Restart, while the standalone app will perform a full Device Reset. I use the Luna Restart app as a launcher button to reset the phone manually. I use the full reset app in MS for my 4 AM reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    It will work fine without the 1 minute patch.
    tobias..how do you set the mode up without the 1 minute patch?
    start at 3:55, close @ 4?

could u kindly export that mode and post it on here since you have it working fine.
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 10/06/2010 at 03:03 PM.
    Here is the export. The times are using the 1m patch but it doesn't matter because the app is set to run On Mode Close. You can use something like Start 3:55 AM, Close 4:00 AM. Or if you import the mode correctly it will probably keep my timings.

{"name": "Restart", "type": "modifier", "autoStartMode": 3, "autoCloseMode": 3, "settings": {"notify": 0, "charging": 0}, "settingsList": [], "apps": {"start": 0, "close": 1}, "appsList": [{"type": "app", "name": "Device Reset", "event": "close", "delay": "15", "appid": "com.palm.jns.deviceresetbutton", "params": "", "extension": "default"}], "triggers": {"required": 0, "block": 0}, "triggersList": [{"timeofdayDays": 0, "timeofdayCustom": [false, false, false, false, false, false, false], "timeofdayStart": 1282463940, "timeofdayClose": 1282464000, "extension": "timeofday", "group": 0}]}
    Quote Originally Posted by brne4x4 View Post
    I use govnah to set different speed profiles, and then mode switcher can select them. just click on one of your modes in mode switcher and hit the apps button and then hit the Add Srv button and select govnah and the speed profile of your choice.

Question: Have you had good success with Govnah settings in MS.? I tried it a while back and ran into issues w the freq updates to Govnah. These have slowed, but have you had to redo your setting in MS a lot?