Page 32 of 63 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I just started using this app and it is awesome.

Will this app ever be able to control Govnah settings? That would be so sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    I just started using this app and it is awesome.

Will this app ever be able to control Govnah settings? That would be so sweet.
    It already does! Just tap "Add Srv" in the Apps list in a specific mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    It already does! Just tap "Add Srv" in the Apps list in a specific mode.
    Wow! Thank you.
  4.    #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Can someone please confirm that if I have a mode set to open some apps on start and close all apps on close, and a timer trigger of 5 minutes, that 5 minutes after the mode is triggered (whether it is manually or via another mode) all apps should close?
    The interval trigger only works when the mode is started via trigger. The 1.1.0 version should have a better interval trigger so that it works with manual starts also.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The interval trigger only works when the mode is started via trigger. The 1.1.0 version should have a better interval trigger so that it works with manual starts also.
    No wonder!! This was driving me nuts!! Thanks sconix.
    Any chance that mode switcher will be able to do the brightness unlinked thing? E.g. set the keyboard brightness independent of the screen brightness?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Any chance that mode switcher will be able to do the brightness unlinked thing? E.g. set the keyboard brightness independent of the screen brightness?
    This doesn't really seem like something mode switcher should do- there are separate patches for keyboard brightness that accomplish the same thing as Brightness Unlinked (although they don't have an interface to change the settings).
    love your app!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Hi sconix et al,
    In case anybody's interested in just one of the many kinds of things that are possible with the "Advanced" MS settings, check out my latest post in Drahgon's "Mode Switcher All Day Battery Life" post. Basically, I turned the "Data On Demand" mode into a "Data On Demand On Demand" mode.
    This is so you can turn on the battery-saving features when you want to; but, say, on normal days when you are near your Touchstone, your default mode keeps data on always.

here's the post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2679463
    I have a palm pre plus (verizon 1.4.5). I am also running mode switcher (and quick system tasks which was recently updated). I have a modifier mode which turns on wifi when I put it on a touchstone (and changes the email account download frequencies).
    In the last 2 days or so I am having difficulty turning on my wifi radio. I have to do a battery pull to get it to work, it works for a while, then not. Probably I first notice this when I pull it off the touch stone and notice the Wifi is not on. At that point nothing short of a battery pull (quick system tasks, upper right pull down menu, wifi application itself) will get the wifi working again. (screenshot here of my attempt to turn the wifi on through the application but it stays off).

I have no idea if this has anything to do with modeswitcher but does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I have a palm pre plus (verizon 1.4.5). I am also running mode switcher (and quick system tasks which was recently updated). I have a modifier mode which turns on wifi when I put it on a touchstone (and changes the email account download frequencies).
    In the last 2 days or so I am having difficulty turning on my wifi radio. I have to do a battery pull to get it to work, it works for a while, then not. Probably I first notice this when I pull it off the touch stone and notice the Wifi is not on. At that point nothing short of a battery pull (quick system tasks, upper right pull down menu, wifi application itself) will get the wifi working again. (screenshot here of my attempt to turn the wifi on through the application but it stays off).

I have no idea if this has anything to do with modeswitcher but does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks...
    The wifi/bt/airplane mode changing problems are known. It seems to be somewhat phone/installation specific. Some have no problems some have lots. The only difference how MS does things compared to top bar / quick system tasks is that MS issues other system requests at the same time not just single wifi change request etc. So my plan is to change this for 1.0.8 which should be out as soon as I get my dev phone. The plan is that I somehow try to add some time between those wifi/bt system requests since I am pretty sure that the reason why MS draws out this bug in WebOS is that those two are controlled almost at the same time. So essentially this is a WebOS problem but I will find a way to go around it, but I need my dev phone to arrive since don't want to "brake" my current phone installation.

- Janne
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thank You - Tobias!
    I experienced what you wrote. It can take some time for taking place. After a week of watching it seems to work quite well!
    DANKE und Gre.
    sconix, first of all, the advanced system settings patch is amazing. I can see why there hasn't been an update to ms in a while...well worth it. It would be really awesome if you could incorporate the call ignore auto reply as a setting in ms, that way when I'm in work mode it automatically says I'm at work in the message, etc.

thanks again for all your amazing work.
  14.    #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    sconix, first of all, the advanced system settings patch is amazing. I can see why there hasn't been an update to ms in a while...well worth it. It would be really awesome if you could incorporate the call ignore auto reply as a setting in ms, that way when I'm in work mode it automatically says I'm at work in the message, etc.

thanks again for all your amazing work.
    The auto reply text will definitely come to MS and so will lots of other settings. I just thought that MS cannot control enough stuff so needed to make the adv conf for sys prefs patch so that I can start add stuff into MS

Well thats been only part of the reason the another is that I am waiting for my dev phone to arrive which was finally send to me on Monday so will receive it shortly. So within next week or two there will be update if not two for MS.
    again, thank you. You never cease to amaze me, you always go above and beyond what anyone expects. Hp should hire you to develop for webos...if webos phones had your stuff out of the box I bet they would be much more popular
  16.    #636  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
    again, thank you. You never cease to amaze me, you always go above and beyond what anyone expects. Hp should hire you to develop for webos...if webos phones had your stuff out of the box I bet they would be much more popular
    Thanks for the kind words. Don't know about the popularity, but would love to design/code stuff for mobile OS some day for my job I mean. The WebOS is great platform since the patches can do so much, but they are still bit limiting since I want to keep the required changes to the existing code to minimum.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I can't decide if this is a mode switcher problem or not; is anyone else having trouble keeping the screen off while charging? Mine keeps coming back on randomly. Sometimes it turns itself back off, and sometimes it stays on. This happens when plugged in OR on the touchstone, so it's not the "touchstone charging cycle" issue.
    I can't decide if this is a mode switcher problem or not; is anyone else having trouble keeping the screen off while charging? Mine keeps coming back on randomly. Sometimes it turns itself back off, and sometimes it stays on. This happens when plugged in OR on the touchstone, so it's not the "touchstone charging cycle" issue.
    Did you recently install ACSP by any chance?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    Did you recently install ACSP by any chance?
    Nope. I actually haven't been online in about a week so I didn't even know it existed. I had to look it up just to know what you were talking about
    I have been using MS for a few months now and have never had this problem.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!