Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    Would this technique work without the one minute patch or would that be to risky?
    I have this set up with the 5 min patch. Just like Tobias explained. I labeled it Reset at close of the patch Device rest opens with a 15 sec delay and it works great.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

I am trying to create a night mode that would have incoming phone calls be either silent or mute but still be able to hear my alarm. The problem is that if the ringer is set to off in settings you can't hear the alarm. I know that I can set the ringer switch to off to accomplish this but I installed MS so that this could happen automatically and not have to remember to turn the ringer switch off at when I'm sleeping then turn it back on again in the when I wake up.
    FishenFool, Fishn' is Bettr'n Workn'

3.    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
    I am trying to create a night mode that would have incoming phone calls be either silent or mute but still be able to hear my alarm. The problem is that if the ringer is set to off in settings you can't hear the alarm. I know that I can set the ringer switch to off to accomplish this but I installed MS so that this could happen automatically and not have to remember to turn the ringer switch off at when I'm sleeping then turn it back on again in the when I wake up.
    I would advice to get application called Timepiece. It uses media volume for alarm so you can easily setup the scenario you are after and anyway its 100 times better than the stock clock as a alarm clock.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hello

This might be a stupid question, but how do I disable the notifcation tone for the profile switch. I have a night profile that kicks in just before midnight and it is somewhat disturbing to hear a notification beep just before midnight...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I would advice to get application called Timepiece. It uses media volume for alarm so you can easily setup the scenario you are after and anyway its 100 times better than the stock clock as a alarm clock.
    Thanks for the quick reply. My Night Mode now functions just like I want it to. Now that I have my main goal accomplished with MS it is time for me to look into ACAL (Work on 1 thing on the phone at a time so if something borks it is easier to track it down).

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Hello

This might be a stupid question, but how do I disable the notifcation tone for the profile switch. I have a night profile that kicks in just before midnight and it is somewhat disturbing to hear a notification beep just before midnight...

Thanks
    I think if you go into the Settings for your Night Profile and change the Notify Behavior to Disabled it might do what you want.

7.    #607  
    Hello

Thanks
    The notification sound comes with the popup. So only way to disable is set the mode start to not use popup so set the mode start to immediate (might then also set the mode closing to that too).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Problems with GPS
    First of all - thank you for this great work.

I thought of using mode switcher to toggle my connections depending on location, WiFi status, BT status and a schedule. At the moment Im stuck at trigger by GPS.

Here the modes I want to implement. The idea behind is to enable WiFi if Im coming closer to WiFi enabled area.

1. Default
    Connection: WiFi off, everything else on

2. WiFi area (normal mode)
    Connection: WiFi on, everything else no change (default)
    Trigger: GPS entering an area with WiFi available (home, work, etc.), radius 250m

3. WiFi connected (modifier mode)
    Connection: Data off, everything else no change (default)
    Trigger: WiFi connected

So here is my experience:
    I defined all modes as above. I got no trigger from GPS for mode "WiFi area" also GoogleMaps showed me on the map that Im entering this area. Starting this mode manually worked, also the modifier mode "WiFi connected" after connection to the WLAN.

Is this because of the "polling" interval of Mode Switcher against the GPS?

Thank You for every answer!
    0ese.
    I believe the minimum polling time for the GPS trigger is 5 minutes, based on the current distance to the closest GPS location (meaning it can be more than 5 minutes if you're not within a certain distance to a defined location).

I use a GPS trigger for my Work mode because we have no wifi, and sometimes it will start right around when I get to Work, but sometimes it can take the full 5 minutes to trigger.
    The notification sound comes with the popup. So only way to disable is set the mode start to not use popup so set the mode start to immediate (might then also set the mode closing to that too).
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I was looking in the "Notify" setting for this...which leads me to another question (I've read the manual but though...): What is the "Notify" setting for, since it is not for the sound when the profile changes?

Thanks again
    Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I was looking in the "Notify" setting for this...which leads me to another question (I've read the manual but though...): What is the "Notify" setting for, since it is not for the sound when the profile changes?

Thanks again
    Second page of the manual:

Notify:
    - Enables or disables the dashboard notification when mode is opened or closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    Hi Sconix,

I'd assume this would be somewhat far out on your list of features to add, but I'd like to see the ability to trigger a mode based on whether a meeting appointment with attendees had just become active. For example, at 2pm I started a meeting that had others in attendance (if you look at the appointment in the calendar, you can see a # of "participants"). I would use this type of trigger to create a mode, where my sounds all go to vibrate, otherwise (if it was an appointment with no other attendees, or there were no appointments), keep the sounds on.

Thanks...
    I'd like to second this request for my "Meeting" modifier. I'd like to know if anyone other than me is attending the meeting.

Also, is there a way to tell if the meeting is an all day event? I don't want my phone to remain quiet all day, just during meetings with defined times...
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Is there some small and free PDK app/game that I could test this with?
    I would like to recommend that you try Angry Birds Lite, however I can't because it and it's full version are TIME SINKS, you will never get version 1.1.0 out the door.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by bopodoq View Post
    I'd like to second this request for my "Meeting" modifier. I'd like to know if anyone other than me is attending the meeting.

Also, is there a way to tell if the meeting is an all day event? I don't want my phone to remain quiet all day, just during meetings with defined times...
    i just use a keyword in the location of my meeting events to trigger my meeting modifier mode -- i use silent
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I would like to recommend that you try Angry Birds Lite, however I can't because it and it's full version are TIME SINKS, you will never get version 1.1.0 out the door.
    yes -- i thought it was a stupid simple app until i realized the sun was down and my wife and kids were ****ed at me --- again.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Notify:
    - Enables or disables the dashboard notification when mode is opened or closed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, must have been daydreaming while reading the manual...;-)
  17.    #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Lucky me to live in Finland since I tend to get the "this application can not run on your current operating system" message for most if not all PDK apps. And I am pretty sure its because of the country Anyway I can not even buy anything because this stupid country limitation. Which sucks. Luckily all that I really need can be found from free/homebrew sections.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

You could also try Really silent ringer switch, and just flip your mute switch.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...er-switch.html

Can you not use the Calendar trigger to look for the keyword "Participants"
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Can someone please confirm that if I have a mode set to open some apps on start and close all apps on close, and a timer trigger of 5 minutes, that 5 minutes after the mode is triggered (whether it is manually or via another mode) all apps should close?