Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    sconix----amazing work. Truly. Still experimenting and learning.

Perhaps a petty question. The mode menu patch changed the color of the carrier string to white. Can you tell me what file is changed by the patch so I can go into it and change it back to blue? Of course, the right thing would be to modify the patch to avoid future update or removal issues.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Is there anyway that MS can force a Devise restart? I have tried both restart scheduling apps and neither one of them seem to work while MS is operating.

Any thoughts?
    There is a homebrew app called 'Reset Button' which will restart Luna (not the device). It requires user input tho. There a patch that eliminates the need for input. Do a search for 'reset button'.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmuse View Post
    There is a homebrew app called 'Reset Button' which will restart Luna (not the device). It requires user input tho. There a patch that eliminates the need for input. Do a search for 'reset button'.
    look for app Preset Reset. Works fantastically, and you set reboot times. If you have the advanced launcher patch installed, however, do not hide the icon for it as it will not run for some reason.
    Is there anyway that MS can force a Devise restart? I have tried both restart scheduling apps and neither one of them seem to work while MS is operating.

Any thoughts?
    These are two packages* (one is an app, one is a patch for an existing Preware app) that I have made for the purpose of scheduling device resets with Mode Switcher:
    * Thanks go to Zinge for the app I based the packages on, "Reset Button".

1. Patch for "Reset Button", found in Preware:

This is a patch for zinge's Reset Button application. It removes the confirmation popup and changes the full Device Reset to a simple Luna Restart. Obviously Reset Button must be installed prior to installing this patch.

It can be downloaded HERE.

Note: This patch requires Jason Robitaille's "SysToolsMgr" service to be installed. This can be found in Preware.

2. "Device Reset" application:

This is a modified version of zinge's Reset Button with a different appid and name, so it can be installed alongside the default version. The only thing that is changed is that the confirmation popup has been removed. This app performs a full Device Reset.

I made these packages for my own personal use with Mode Switcher modes to reset my phone. Feel free to use them for the same purpose. Please direct any issues you have with them to lindsay@jupiterns.org or a forum pm. sconix is not responsible for any problems you have installing or operating these packages.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    These are two packages* (one is an app, one is a patch for an existing Preware app) that I have made for the purpose of scheduling device resets with Mode Switcher:
    * Thanks go to Zinge for the app I based the packages on, "Reset Button".

1. Patch for "Reset Button", found in Preware:

This is a patch for zinge's Reset Button application. It removes the confirmation popup and changes the full Device Reset to a simple Luna Restart. Obviously Reset Button must be installed prior to installing this patch.

Note: This patch requires Jason Robitaille's "SysToolsMgr" service to be installed. This can be found in Preware.

2. "Device Reset" application:

This is a modified version of zinge's Reset Button with a different appid and name, so it can be installed alongside the default version. The only thing that is changed is that the confirmation popup has been removed. This app performs a full Device Reset.

I made these packages for my own personal use with Mode Switcher modes to reset my phone. Feel free to use them for the same purpose. Please direct any issues you have with them to lindsay@jupiterns.org or a forum pm. sconix is not responsible for any problems you have installing or operating these packages.
    Tobias - Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. The second option will work perfect for what I am looking for.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Tobias - I would like to set a MS trigger to do an automatic Devise Reset once a day at approximately 9:30 pm. What do you think is the best option for this? I originally was going to go with a time of day trigger, however my fear is that it get stuck in a devise reset loop because it will be active for 5 minutes and it generally takes than 5 minutes to reset so will it reset again when it comes back up?

Tobias - I would like to set a MS trigger to do an automatic Devise Reset once a day at approximately 9:30 pm. What do you think is the best option for this? I originally was going to go with a time of day trigger, however my fear is that it get stuck in a devise reset loop because it will be active for 5 minutes and it generally takes than 5 minutes to reset so will it reset again when it comes back up?
    I believe:

- He has another patch that has customized the trigger time values to be in increments of 1 minute.

- He has posted it before in the thread (if not this one, it would be in the old MS beta thread).

- He will correct me if I am wrong.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I believe:

- He has another patch that has customized the trigger time values to be in increments of 1 minute.

- He has posted it before in the thread (if not this one, it would be in the old MS beta thread).

- He will correct me if I am wrong.
    Can anyone confirm this and give me a little more direction on where I might find this fix so I do not have to look through 200+ pages of postings?

Patch for Mode Switcher 1.0.7 to allow for 1 minute intervals in the Time of Day trigger:

sconix has no responsibility for issues that come up by using this patch.

Note: You don't have to remove this before updating Mode Switcher, but you will need to re-install it any time MS is updated (and I can't guarantee this version will work with future updates, but I will always make a new version for the latest MS). If you don't remove it prior to updating or reinstalling MS, you will see 2 copies listed in Preware, so to avoid this, I suggest removing it before updating MS.

Download below:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tobias funke; 09/24/2010 at 12:42 PM.
    Forgive me if this has already been requested, but would it be possible to make Mode Switcher check GPS location when exiting the configuration setup. I have a couple of location-triggered profiles and I notice that whenever I exit the configuration setup, Mode Switcher switches to the default profile, and I have to wait about five minutes or so before one of the GPS location triggers kicks in.
    OK, so I tried setting MS to do a time of day device restart, bad idea now it is in device restart hell, i can not get it to stop power cycling.

I have it to restart set with a time of day trigger to shut off within 1 minute when it boots back up it is still in the same mode so it restarts again. Anyone have any other ideas on how I can make this work?

I use a special technique with my reset mode to completely avoid this:

Have mode start at 3:59 AM and end at 4:00 AM.

Set the Device Reset app to launch On Mode Close with a 15s delay.

Now the mode will run for a minute, then reset the device 15s after it closed, so it will not be the active mode anymore when the reset goes off.

Now the mode will run for a minute, then reset the device 15s after it closed, so it will not be the active mode anymore when the reset goes off.
    I knew there was an easy way I just completely missed it. Excellent, thank you.

14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by disc View Post
    Forgive me if this has already been requested, but would it be possible to make Mode Switcher check GPS location when exiting the configuration setup. I have a couple of location-triggered profiles and I notice that whenever I exit the configuration setup, Mode Switcher switches to the default profile, and I have to wait about five minutes or so before one of the GPS location triggers kicks in.
    There is most likely a bug in GPS trigger reload since it should stay in the mode if its triggers are valid. I will test and fix this for next release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    is it possible, and do others think it would be useful, to have a MS setting that would completely turn off the phone?
    my thought, at times i am out without a charger and would like to be able to auto turn off when there is, lets say 10% battery left, so that there would always be some battery left for an emergency call, etc?
  16.    #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    is it possible, and do others think it would be useful, to have a MS setting that would completely turn off the phone?
    my thought, at times i am out without a charger and would like to be able to auto turn off when there is, lets say 10% battery left, so that there would always be some battery left for an emergency call, etc?
    I could add a system service to the service list with ability to ask restart / power off. I will add this to the list of things for 1.1.0.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hello sconix, I was trying to setup a game mode to turn off data and phone when playing a pdk game. The problem I am running into is whenever I set the app trigger for the game to the foreground it won't detect it but I c? Put in background and then the mode wants to stay on all the time whwther the game is loaded or not.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

Would this technique work without the one minute patch or would that be to risky?
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    Would this technique work without the one minute patch or would that be to risky?
    It will work fine without the 1 minute patch.
  20.    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hello sconix, I was trying to setup a game mode to turn off data and phone when playing a pdk game. The problem I am running into is whenever I set the app trigger for the game to the foreground it won't detect it but I c? Put in background and then the mode wants to stay on all the time whwther the game is loaded or not.
    The background option is meant to be mainly used as a "additional" trigger for mode. If its a single trigger it'll does what you describe since currently there is no way to tell when app is closed.

The foreground trigger should work, but maybe its different for PDK apps. Not sure if they report the foreground status the same way than normal apps. Is there some small and free PDK app/game that I could test this with?