Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Can you donate in US $, or only Euros?
    I donate in $ all the time.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I donate in $ all the time.
    When I click on the donate link in sconix's signature, the only option I see is for EUR. How would I go about changing it to $ ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Good Question. I've donated to him a number of times now that in my Paypal account him email just shows up as the send to.

EDIT: Well when I click the link in the OP and then login, I get the option for dollars. Don't know what else to tell ya.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    With any GPS and any app, when indoors, your results may vary. You won't get as good a fix/signal as if you were outdoors. So the lack of determining your location well when your indoors is no fault of MS.

Now, you can use other triggers besides GPS if your configuring/wanting your modes to be based on location, such as the wifi trigger. That is how I determine my home and work locations instead of using GPS.
    Thanks for that info. My experience with other devices has always been that network based location (ie non-GPS location) is accurate enough and much more battery friendly.

My testing with my Pre using Google Maps is that it performs pretty much identically, which is great. Added to that is the fact that MS includes a radius for a location (fantastic addition) and I am thinking that non-GPS based location is most sensible - its all about battery life for me.

Please do correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

I should add that I want to use the location service to switch my WiFi on when I get home and switch it off when I leave!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Awesome app!! Thank you sconix.

I'm noticing one strange thing... MS seems to open itself at odd times. Most notably, whenever I close the MS app, it pops itself right back open.
    Anybody else seeing this, or have any clue why it might be happening? My MS setup is pretty simple, and doesn't have any modes that open the MS app, or anything like that.

I tried searching for other posters with this issue, read the manual, Wiki, and FAQ, to no avail -- apologies if it's already been asked.

thanks,
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones2268 View Post
    Thanks for that info. My experience with other devices has always been that network based location (ie non-GPS location) is accurate enough and much more battery friendly.

My testing with my Pre using Google Maps is that it performs pretty much identically, which is great. Added to that is the fact that MS includes a radius for a location (fantastic addition) and I am thinking that non-GPS based location is most sensible - its all about battery life for me.

Please do correct me if I am wrong on any of this.
    Well the Pre can do GPS from both depending on how your settings are configured in the Location Services app.

Battery drain for me when the GPS radio is on is pretty significant. Now for instance, in my car, my Pre is on a touchstone. Since it is charging and I use the GPS trigger the most there (besides the golf course), battery drain is a non issue then.

Here is an example of how I use the GPS trigger.

I have a modifier mode that uses the GPS trigger. I have two locations setup for my home and work. When I am in my car, my Car mode has the wifi radio disabled, however, the GPS radio is not. When I get within range of my home or work, the modifier mode enables the wifi radio.

Then my home or work mode triggers once I am in the driveway basically and away I go. My home and work modes then have the GPS radio disabled (cause they don't work well indoors for me either).

I just found better results (for me anyway) by using other methods when possible for location based modes. The GPS trigger is my best friend when out on the course!

7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzwave View Post
    Awesome app!! Thank you sconix.

I'm noticing one strange thing... MS seems to open itself at odd times. Most notably, whenever I close the MS app, it pops itself right back open.
    Anybody else seeing this, or have any clue why it might be happening? My MS setup is pretty simple, and doesn't have any modes that open the MS app, or anything like that.

I tried searching for other posters with this issue, read the manual, Wiki, and FAQ, to no avail -- apologies if it's already been asked.

thanks,
    Dave
    If you are closing the dashboard scene then MS is always started when something wakes MS up (like exiting from configuration). In pixi the dashboard scene is needed for MS to operate and in Pre you can install the start MS on luna launch patch to start MS on background and get rid of the dashboard. If you have already the patch installed or did not close the dashboard then report back since something is wrong. The configuration app should not open in any other case than when MS is not running in dashboard or in background.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Ahh.. Ok, so I installed the "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch, and that seems to have fixed it.

thanks!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    oops, Sconix, we replied at the same time... Thank you! It's all good now. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.
    -dave
  10.    #50  
    Ahh.. Ok, so I installed the "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch, and that seems to have fixed it.

thanks!
    Seems to be a common confusion. The next release will include a information notification about this situation which should help new users. Should have already added it for 1.0.0, but just did not realize.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you are closing the dashboard scene then MS is always started when something wakes MS up (like exiting from configuration). In pixi the dashboard scene is needed for MS to operate and in Pre you can install the start MS on luna launch patch to start MS on background and get rid of the dashboard. If you have already the patch installed or did not close the dashboard then report back since something is wrong. The configuration app should not open in any other case than when MS is not running in dashboard or in background.
    Just a side note:

I sometimes have a brain fart and forget to do a luna restart after updating Mode Switcher to a newer version.

Even though I have the Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot patch installed, if I don't luna restart after an update, MS can act wonky and displays the dashboard even.

Just remember to luna restart after an update to MS.

Hope it helps others that come across the same thing.

Is there anyway to set my google status to Busy with a specific message? I can only find switching it to busy.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I will donate. I've been using the app for 1 day now and it is growing on me. Thank you!

Trigger suggestion: accelerometer response pattern to trigger an app.

For example, set accelerometer trigger based on 3 shakes vertical and one horizontal within a 5 second interval. I could use this to start an app without much distraction.

Example: I'm riding my bicycle and I want to start my GPS recording app (JogStats) to record my bike route. I reach in my back pocket, do the specific shake pattern and the app starts without me taking my eyes off the road.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by SetMonkey13 View Post
    Is there anyway to set my google status to Busy with a specific message? I can only find switching it to busy.
    Not at the moment, will add this to the TODO list though.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by tyea View Post
    I will donate. I've been using the app for 1 day now and it is growing on me. Thank you!

Trigger suggestion: accelerometer response pattern to trigger an app.

For example, set accelerometer trigger based on 3 shakes vertical and one horizontal within a 5 second interval. I could use this to start an app without much distraction.

Example: I'm riding my bicycle and I want to start my GPS recording app (JogStats) to record my bike route. I reach in my back pocket, do the specific shake pattern and the app starts without me taking my eyes off the road.
    Already would have, but haven't found away to get accelerometer data without card stage
    I have just noticed that I get a message in the notifications area: Done updating Default mode

This message appears every few minutes and wakes the screen!

I have the Start MS patch installed.
  17.    #57  
    I have just noticed that I get a message in the notifications area: Done updating Default mode

This message appears every few minutes and wakes the screen!

I have the Start MS patch installed.
    Haven't seen / heard anything like this happening. If restarting luna / phone wont make it go away then wait it for happen and right after the message done updating has gone away start MS and use the report problem action in the menu so I get the logs and can see what is going on.
    Just a side note:

I sometimes have a brain fart and forget to do a luna restart after updating Mode Switcher to a newer version.

Even though I have the Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot patch installed, if I don't luna restart after an update, MS can act wonky and displays the dashboard even.

Just remember to luna restart after an update to MS.

Hope it helps others that come across the same thing.
    Doesn't Preware offer to do the Luna Restart for you automatically on update?

-- Rod
    Haven't seen / heard anything like this happening. If restarting luna / phone wont make it go away then wait it for happen and right after the message done updating has gone away start MS and use the report problem action in the menu so I get the logs and can see what is going on.
    I have sent you a log. I will also try removing and then re-installing. Not sure it will do anything, but gotta be worth a try.

EDIT: I think I am being really thick, sorry! Seems that message comes up when a modifier mode is activated or de-activated and therefore, it is my setup which is causing my "problem". Does that make sense...?
  20.    #60  
    I have sent you a log. I will also try removing and then re-installing. Not sure it will do anything, but gotta be worth a try.

EDIT: I think I am being really thick, sorry! Seems that message comes up when a modifier mode is activated or de-activated and therefore, it is my setup which is causing my "problem". Does that make sense...?
    Yes that is correct operation then Just disable the notification banner (on settings page in the very top) on the modes and then you wont see the notification.
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast