Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks, While I have your attention. I have imported draghon's battery saving modes and I want to know how to control the data using screen state as well. I have read the manual and I will try some settings later but I thought you would have great insight like you told me about the normal and modifier modes.
    Unfortunately I don't have any good suggestions for this since I only have data disconnected when battery level goes under 20%. This is only battery saving mode that I use. Since for me its enough that I get one day out of the battery and currently all settings on it still goes through most of my days just fine and when it won't the 20% of battery is enough for the rest of the day without data connections.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Ok thanks! I have noticed some battery life improvement with the data on demand settings. So thanks again for creating mode switcher.
  3.    #543  
    Ok thanks! I have noticed some battery life improvement with the data on demand settings. So thanks again for creating mode switcher.
    Thanks, and it will only get better. As soon as I get my dev phone. I have been not able to use MS that much myself during the development and now when I have dev phone coming I don't want to use my phone anymore for testing so that I can too enjoy the benefits of MS Hence the delay with 1.0.8 release, but it will come soon and most likely 1.1.0 release won't take long after that release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    for a display on trigger, is that both locked and unlocked? Or just the later?
    yes? No? And could there be a setting for turn screen on & unlock, if not than allways on? Looking for a way to make my flaslight mode turn off right, and those settings are only available if ur connected to a charger.
  5.    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    yes? No? And could there be a setting for turn screen on & unlock, if not than allways on? Looking for a way to make my flaslight mode turn of right, and those settings are only available if ur connected to a charger.
    Screen on is valid when screen is on, no matter if its locked or not. And since there is an option for locked/unlocked the triggers can be combined with the help of grouped triggers to demand both screen on + locked/unlocked if needed.

The screen always on setting (without being on charger) is coming when I am adding support for settings that my next advanced system preferences patch adds.
    I apologize if this has already been posted but I have a quick question. I am trying to back up my MS to Google Docs however looking at the instruction manual it shows a import and an export mode, however I can not seem to find the Export option. When I hit the top right of the phone I get a drop down option with import but no Export.

Am I missing something?
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

7.    #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I apologize if this has already been posted but I have a quick question. I am trying to back up my MS to Google Docs however looking at the instruction manual it shows a import and an export mode, however I can not seem to find the Export option. When I hit the top right of the phone I get a drop down option with import but no Export.

Am I missing something?
    Currently you have to export mode by mode so you need to select mode then you find export mode from the app menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Currently you have to export mode by mode so you need to select mode then you find export mode from the app menu.
    Thank you I knew it was something simple. Have a good one!
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Delay is in triggers that you can "accidentally" toggle very quickly. So that the modes wont do quick start/close. The delay could be a bit shorter, but until I have means of make sure that it wont cause any problems its a little longer. This is one of those things I have been waiting my dev phone to arrive so I can do proper testing before releasing code that is in a way critical part of the core functionality.
    i hear you, but specifically for what im trying to do, no delay would be better
    Hi,

I need to get back to using Mode Switcher and was wondering besides the 'save battery' configuration that someone wrote, is there a place where there are some pre-defined setups.

For me, I want to make sure my WiFi goes on when I get home.

I know someone did something with GPS, but of course, GPS doesn't work inside (at least not my high rise cement apt building).

I was thinking of doing it with a trigger, let's say when I place my Pre on the Touchstone.

That is only one idea, if someone has a better one, I would appreciate it.

I used to have MS turn on Wifi after my nightly reboot (using Preset Reset) and that was time based.

And I would like to have WiFi turned off when I leave the house, so maybe GPS would be better for that?

To go back to my original question, are there 'pre-defined' setups, that I could just import (MS does have an import feature?) and if so, where are they located.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I imported draghon's settings, but the one change I made for data on was to enable wifi and data together. I also changed my default settings from 'do not set' to 'disabled' this forces mode switcher to shut both data and wifi off. I too only use wifi at home and at work so those are the only places I want it to work.

Draghons settings are a good starting point.
    sconix will 1.08 allow mode switcher to save the email address and password? No biggie but when you have a lot of modes to export you have to add email everytime and that can become tedious. Just an enhancement suggestion.
  13.    #553  
    sconix will 1.08 allow mode switcher to save the email address and password? No biggie but when you have a lot of modes to export you have to add email everytime and that can become tedious. Just an enhancement suggestion.
    I am not very keen on letting MS to save the email and password, but what I am considering is to add export all modes option. Maybe not for 1.0.8. First I need to get the core related fixes out. Then the 1.1.0 feature release should follow quite soon after.
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Awesome app. Will be donating as soon as my house sells in a couple of weeks. I do have a couple of questions, though:

I use the default mode for home use, but it seems that default mode is not registered as a "previous mode" for triggering after coming out of my night mode. MS triggers the last custom mode that I had active prior to the default mode. Any way around this?

Also, for my battery saver mode, is there any way to interact with GPS Fix to turn it on/off? Even though I disable GPS for battery saving mode, this app continues to run and attempt to acquire a fix. It would be great to be able to switch this app on and off with MS.
  15.    #555  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Awesome app. Will be donating as soon as my house sells in a couple of weeks. I do have a couple of questions, though:

I use the default mode for home use, but it seems that default mode is not registered as a "previous mode" for triggering after coming out of my night mode. MS triggers the last custom mode that I had active prior to the default mode. Any way around this?

Also, for my battery saver mode, is there any way to interact with GPS Fix to turn it on/off? Even though I disable GPS for battery saving mode, this app continues to run and attempt to acquire a fix. It would be great to be able to switch this app on and off with MS.
    Yes default mode is not marked as previous mode. Its left over from the time when modes always changed to default and then to something else. So I am not sure if I should change it so that even Default Mode would be marked to the previous modes list. At least I can not think any way around it currently.

If the app has some way for other apps to control it then it can be done, but I am not familiar with that app so don't know.
    I must be ********.

I have a headphone modifier mode that is set to trigger with a headset insert event, but only if I'm not connected to bluetooth. This is so that it doesn't change volume (the reason I have the mode set up) when using it in my car.

My workaround was to set up the car mode to block modifier modes, but I'd like to know why the 'no bluetooth' trigger doesn't seem to work. Does it really have to be a state change from connected to not? Doesn't seem to practical if that is the way the bluetooth trigger works when used in conjunction with other triggers. I'd really like to use no-bluetooth in combination with charger events for work too, but have the same problem.

Any help is appreciated!
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi,

I need to get back to using Mode Switcher and was wondering besides the 'save battery' configuration that someone wrote, is there a place where there are some pre-defined setups.

For me, I want to make sure my WiFi goes on when I get home.

I know someone did something with GPS, but of course, GPS doesn't work inside (at least not my high rise cement apt building).

I was thinking of doing it with a trigger, let's say when I place my Pre on the Touchstone.

That is only one idea, if someone has a better one, I would appreciate it.

I used to have MS turn on Wifi after my nightly reboot (using Preset Reset) and that was time based.

And I would like to have WiFi turned off when I leave the house, so maybe GPS would be better for that?

To go back to my original question, are there 'pre-defined' setups, that I could just import (MS does have an import feature?) and if so, where are they located.

Thanks!

Rob
    You can set up a trigger to turn off wifi when you disconnect from SSID. That will turn off your radio when you leave your house.

I'm not sure about turning on. I personally can't use GPS trigger because it locks up my bluetooth on my phone. You could do a touchstone trigger with position to turn it on and get in the habbit of dropping it in that position when you get home.
  18.    #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I must be ********.

I have a headphone modifier mode that is set to trigger with a headset insert event, but only if I'm not connected to bluetooth. This is so that it doesn't change volume (the reason I have the mode set up) when using it in my car.

My workaround was to set up the car mode to block modifier modes, but I'd like to know why the 'no bluetooth' trigger doesn't seem to work. Does it really have to be a state change from connected to not? Doesn't seem to practical if that is the way the bluetooth trigger works when used in conjunction with other triggers. I'd really like to use no-bluetooth in combination with charger events for work too, but have the same problem.

Any help is appreciated!
    Some trigger state has to change for the mode to trigger, but otherwise the triggers will keep the state so if some other trigger triggers the no bluetooth connection trigger will only allow the mode if there is no connection. If this is not what is happening then use the problem report right after when MS misbehaves so I get logs so it helps me to find out if there is a bug or not.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I'm sorry if this question has been asked before is there anyway to have ms turn on wifi and connect to my home or work network based on gps location? after leaving turn off wifi? the only two places I use wifi is at home and work... would be nice if it could be automated.
    Treo 600 650 700p 800w Pre
  20.    #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r View Post
    I'm sorry if this question has been asked before is there anyway to have ms turn on wifi and connect to my home or work network based on gps location? after leaving turn off wifi? the only two places I use wifi is at home and work... would be nice if it could be automated.
    Yes this is possible. Depending on the conditions GPS trigger is not the most reliable. In some areas it works perfectly, but if there is poor GPS signal etc. its not the best trigger. There is advancements coming to the trigger at some point which will make it work better in less perfect conditions.