Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    I didn't get control back after luna resart full restart or a battery pull. It wasn't until I removed Ms. And all patches then tried again and worked. Gonna mess with again later cause it's a verry nice feature to have
    At least it sounds very odd. Why having MS installed would cause just BT/Wifi to not work specially if they won't come back after reboot. I hope you are talking about the MS app and not the patches related to it. Since those could at least on some level be involved with this kind of problem. Anyway try again and if still problems then try to be specific what takes the problem away. And what is the exact problem, wifi/bt toggling not working from device menu or from the preferences app etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Check to see if you have "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch installed. That was my problem.

This one should be in the required ones on the install script.
    That won't help. The problem kra2y is having is as Sconix discussed.
    Just don't want to confuse anyone else that may read it.

Otherwise, glad you were able to get your issue fixed by installing that patch.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    ok so I have a sprint pre minus. Version1.4.5 . 1ghz f105 kernel. About 60 patches. So I reinstalled mode switcher and both patches thay make it function better. I made all of my modes not touch any of the bt wifi data or gps. (No on or off.) I believe it is the data settings, I removed them from the modes. When I first luna restarted after installing app and patches I could control all options from device menu since having patches that allow me to. Aswell as from the preferances app. I switched between a few modes a couple of times and everything seemed fine. I no longer could turn on or off bt or wifi in menu or pref app. So I tried a luna reset and still no control. So I removed app and both patches and luna restart and still no control of bt and wifi. After shutting down and doing battery pull did I have control over my data settings again. Maybe one of the patches is a problem, I don't know
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    the default mode might have been turning on data, I'm not sure. My custum modes didn't touch the data settings though.
    for a display on trigger, is that both locked and unlocked? Or just the later?
    when I have a mode selected I could not change the wifi or bluetooth on and off. It wouldn't do anything. Once I removed mode switcher I was able to control them again. Not sure what was going on
    if you are saying that in the system menu, the radio tabs react to a tap but do not seem to control anything, search this thread for 'airplane mode' as i think this is what was happening when MS first added that setting control, at least to me.
    try setting the default mode settings to turn airplane mode to 'disable' regardless of whether you use it. when airplane mode is on, the radio buttons in the menu do not work.
  7.    #527  
    ok so I have a sprint pre minus. Version1.4.5 . 1ghz f105 kernel. About 60 patches. So I reinstalled mode switcher and both patches thay make it function better. I made all of my modes not touch any of the bt wifi data or gps. (No on or off.) I believe it is the data settings, I removed them from the modes. When I first luna restarted after installing app and patches I could control all options from device menu since having patches that allow me to. Aswell as from the preferances app. I switched between a few modes a couple of times and everything seemed fine. I no longer could turn on or off bt or wifi in menu or pref app. So I tried a luna reset and still no control. So I removed app and both patches and luna restart and still no control of bt and wifi. After shutting down and doing battery pull did I have control over my data settings again. Maybe one of the patches is a problem, I don't know
    You definitely are the first that has this kind of problem. One more thing you could make sure is the removing of airplane mode from all modes. And when you loose control then look if airplane mode is on from power off menu for example (if it allows you to turn it off then its on for some reason). Other than that I really can not see how something like that can happen that you would only loose bt/wifi control specially if no mode will touch those settings.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    after more experimenting. If any modes touch the connections setting I lose control of bt and wifi.
    I tried with just mode switcher and no patches, then with one of the patches then the other then with both patches . The only way bt and wifi won't freeze and have the spinning circle stuck next to them is if no modes touch any connections. At least I can use mode switcher now and just manualy change the connections from top menu. Thanks for all the help. Like sconix said , maybe the next version will fix the bt wifi freezing.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    so I figured out the default mode was still changing some of the connections so that's why it would work for a while then quick working when it went back to default
    Is there any way to have a normal mode act as a trigger for a modifier mode? An example would be if I have a car mode, when it gets dark a modifier mode would dim the screen. The modifier mode would be triggered by the car mode and a time of day mode.

As I have it right now, I have a "night car" modifier mode which duplicates all of the "car" mode triggers but adds a time of day trigger.

I think a sunrise/sunset trigger would be really cool as well if you have time in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    Is there any way to have a normal mode act as a trigger for a modifier mode? An example would be if I have a car mode, when it gets dark a modifier mode would dim the screen. The modifier mode would be triggered by the car mode and a time of day mode.

As I have it right now, I have a "night car" modifier mode which duplicates all of the "car" mode triggers but adds a time of day trigger.

I think a sunrise/sunset trigger would be really cool as well if you have time in the future.
    Use the "Require Mode" option when you add MS to the app launching config of your "night car" mode, and set it to "On Start" : "Require Mode" : "Car". Then just add the time of day trigger and the mode will only start if "Car" mode is already active.
  12.    #532  
    after more experimenting. If any modes touch the connections setting I lose control of bt and wifi.
    I tried with just mode switcher and no patches, then with one of the patches then the other then with both patches . The only way bt and wifi won't freeze and have the spinning circle stuck next to them is if no modes touch any connections. At least I can use mode switcher now and just manualy change the connections from top menu. Thanks for all the help. Like sconix said , maybe the next version will fix the bt wifi freezing.
    So you have a very sensitive individual the phone I mean. Or I am not actually sure is it the phone hardware or the WebOS installation that effects to how often this happens. I am using toggling of Wifi every day with my modes and it only "crashes" once in a month maybe. Thats why I am waiting for the dev phone to arrive so I can use it to test this better. It seems that this happens more often if both wifi / bt are toggled at the same time. So one of my ideas to try is to separate the setting of wifi/bt since now they are done right after each other. So maybe the bug in WebOS is produced by changing both states at the almost same time. Anyway I have already done some successful tests and the situation will be at least better with 1.0.8, but I would like it to be 100% reliable for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Use the "Require Mode" option when you add MS to the app launching config of your "night car" mode, and set it to "On Start" : "Require Mode" : "Car". Then just add the time of day trigger and the mode will only start if "Car" mode is already active.
    I actually didn't even realize all of those MS controls existed, so thanks!

I tried what you suggested and I have read the manual several times, but I'm actually not getting it to work quite as I had hoped. If my "car" mode is started prior to the time of day trigger in "car night" mode, it will switch to "night car" correctly. But if my "car" mode starts after the time set in "night car", then "car night" never activates.

I can see how this set up of advanced MS control gives a tremendous amount of flexibility, but I think it would also be nice to have a "quick and easy" MS mode trigger that is selected with the normal triggers like wifi and bluetooth.
  14.    #534  
    Quote Originally Posted by COS777 View Post
    I actually didn't even realize all of those MS controls existed, so thanks!

I tried what you suggested and I have read the manual several times, but I'm actually not getting it to work quite as I had hoped. If my "car" mode is started prior to the time of day trigger in "car night" mode, it will switch to "night car" correctly. But if my "car" mode starts after the time set in "night car", then "car night" never activates.

I can see how this set up of advanced MS control gives a tremendous amount of flexibility, but I think it would also be nice to have a "quick and easy" MS mode trigger that is selected with the normal triggers like wifi and bluetooth.
    You can make your car mode to trigger car night mode. With the same MS app control. The mode trigger is coming at some point it was just fast and easy to add the require mode thing for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You can make your car mode to trigger car night mode. With the same MS app control. The mode trigger is coming at some point it was just fast and easy to add the require mode thing for now.
    Looks like that did the trick. It also looks like the easiest way to close my "car night" is to have the "car" mode close "car night" when it closes. Learn something new every day.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    there's definitely alot of options in mode switcher. took me a lilttle while to start to figure most of it out
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    thanks for all your hard work sconix on all of your apps. Advanced config for launcher is awsome as well. I definitely have to hit that donate link sometime
    sconix is there a way to stop the little banners totally when switching between modes? I have went to setttings then behaviour and selected disable and do not set but it still pops ups when I make changes and close the card.
  19.    #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix is there a way to stop the little banners totally when switching between modes? I have went to setttings then behaviour and selected disable and do not set but it still pops ups when I make changes and close the card.
    The banner show always when exiting the configuration app that cannot be disabled. It is there to make sure that user knows that the mode is being refreshed. Of course it is not that useful now since mode is reloaded in any case, but in future when the mode is only loaded when there is changes made to active modes it is not shown everytime and it actually has function. So donšt be alarmed if it shows when exiting the config app, if you have disabled the notification from the mode it is not shown when mode starts/closes.
    Thanks, While I have your attention. I have imported draghon's battery saving modes and I want to know how to control the data using screen state as well. I have read the manual and I will try some settings later but I thought you would have great insight like you told me about the normal and modifier modes.