Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I'm at work so I can't check it out, but if there is a problem with the PDF link I will fix it tonight.
    thanks. It's downloaded. So I think it's just a problem w/ my phone
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I had a problem getting the pdf to download/open on my Pre as well. When I first clicked it appeared to not do anything so I clicked again, but it just takes time. When you open two I think it can't handle both requests very well? I've heard that the pdf app on the Pre is pretty buggy and the developer dropped their effort before it could be fully debugged. So I think it's really mainly an issue with the Pre's pdf viewer...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

What bothers me is that the PDF is just a stopgap until embedded Google Docs show up correctly in the Pre's browser. I really don't understand what is preventing the actual manual site from being viewed. Is it a Google thing, a webkit thing, or some setting I haven't found yet?

I might try to come up with an alternative manual site specifically for the Pre, possibly using graphics instead of embedded documents. It won't update on the fly the way the main site does, but it might be a better option than the PDF.
    does there have to be a delay on app triggers? Can there not be an option for "no delay"
  5.    #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    does there have to be a delay on app triggers? Can there not be an option for "no delay"
    Delay is in triggers that you can "accidentally" toggle very quickly. So that the modes wont do quick start/close. The delay could be a bit shorter, but until I have means of make sure that it wont cause any problems its a little longer. This is one of those things I have been waiting my dev phone to arrive so I can do proper testing before releasing code that is in a way critical part of the core functionality.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I'm getting Dashboard Mode. I have System Menu Mode Menu installed. I've tried uninstalling reinstalling to no avail.

I'm also getting Device Menu Megamix not allowing me to open the Wi-Fi or Blue Tooth sub-menus. The Phone sub-menus open normally.

What am I missing?
    Last edited by TomD; 09/16/2010 at 11:58 PM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    launch mode switcher on luna boot patch
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    launch mode switcher on luna boot patch
    ARGH! I forgot that on my last rebuild.

Still have frozen sub-menus for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on Device Menu Megamix. Is there a compatibility issue here?

EDIT: Problem went away after reboot. Hopefully it will stay OK.
    Last edited by TomD; 09/17/2010 at 12:31 AM.
    Tom
    Great application!

What about being able to set the hands free speaker?
    It would be very convenient for me to create a profile where the phone automatically goes in speaker mode when calling/answering (for example when in the car or on the touch stone).

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gchiozzi View Post
    Great application!

It would be very convenient for me to create a profile where the phone automatically goes in speaker mode when calling/answering (for example when in the car or on the touch stone).

Thanks!
    If you answer a call when on the TS then it automatically goes to speaker phone.
    As for in the car, would it not be better to use the 'AutoSpeakerPhone via proximity sensor instant/delayed patch' instead of a profile?

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    If you answer a call when on the TS then it automatically goes to speaker phone.
    As for in the car, would it not be better to use the 'AutoSpeakerPhone via proximity sensor instant/delayed patch' instead of a profile?

Pip
    one thing i have noticed about these patches is that when i have one of them installed the sound coming from the earphone speaker is extremely muffled and hard to understand. it took me a long time to track the cause of this to these patches and I even bought my wife a new phone because her old one was a POS that i could never hear her on only to finally figure out that it was my phone -- this broke my heart until i realized it was this patch and removed it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  12.    #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    one thing i have noticed about these patches is that when i have one of them installed the sound coming from the earphone speaker is extremely muffled and hard to understand. it took me a long time to track the cause of this to these patches and I even bought my wife a new phone because her old one was a POS that i could never hear her on only to finally figure out that it was my phone -- this broke my heart until i realized it was this patch and removed it.
    Not sure if you noticed, but when I was figuring out the same problem I actually noticed that the sound was still coming from the back speaker when I hold the phone to my ear. The sound just did not transfer correctly between the front/back speaker as it should. I looked at the patches and there was at least a clear bug in the delayed version of the patch. It just is not made right. I have a new patch coming that has this proximity based speakerphone as a configurable option and at least I have tried to do it so that it works right. It still may have problems in some situations, but I am sure that users will point it to me when I get it out
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13.    #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by gchiozzi View Post
    Great application!

Thanks!
    I have this new system preferences patch coming that adds a lot of options to the system preferences. I plan to add support for them into Mode Switcher at some point. So there will be some settings related to this coming in future.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Not sure if you noticed, but when I was figuring out the same problem I actually noticed that the sound was still coming from the back speaker when I hold the phone to my ear. The sound just did not transfer correctly between the front/back speaker as it should. I looked at the patches and there was at least a clear bug in the delayed version of the patch. It just is not made right. I have a new patch coming that has this proximity based speakerphone as a configurable option and at least I have tried to do it so that it works right. It still may have problems in some situations, but I am sure that users will point it to me when I get it out
    Awsome -- i love that patch --too bad it doesn't work right -- one thing i have learned over the last year is that you will make one that works

i look forward to it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  15.    #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Awsome -- i love that patch --too bad it doesn't work right -- one thing i have learned over the last year is that you will make one that works

i look forward to it
    Well its only because people give good feedback if something does not work or it works the wrong way
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    when I have a mode selected I could not change the wifi or bluetooth on and off. It wouldn't do anything. Once I removed mode switcher I was able to control them again. Not sure what was going on
  17.    #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    when I have a mode selected I could not change the wifi or bluetooth on and off. It wouldn't do anything. Once I removed mode switcher I was able to control them again. Not sure what was going on
    Its problem with WebOS and Wifi/BT freezing on some state changes. It happens more often on some phones than other. The upcoming 1.0.8 version has a bit different wifi/bt request logic which I hope will fix or at least make it better. Its not about having MS installed or not (the phone or luna restart after uninstall was the reason why you got the control back). So if it happens very often in your phone you can remove BT/Wifi controlling from your modes for now.

- Janne
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    Check to see if you have "Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot" patch installed. That was my problem.

This one should be in the required ones on the install script.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its problem with WebOS and Wifi/BT freezing on some state changes. It happens more often on some phones than other. The upcoming 1.0.8 version has a bit different wifi/bt request logic which I hope will fix or at least make it better. Its not about having MS installed or not (the phone or luna restart after uninstall was the reason why you got the control back). So if it happens very often in your phone you can remove BT/Wifi controlling from your modes for now.

- Janne
    I didn't get control back after luna resart full restart or a battery pull. It wasn't until I removed Ms. And all patches then tried again and worked. Gonna mess with again later cause it's a verry nice feature to have
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I will try removing bt and wifi later, thanks for suggestions