Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 1246
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Unless I am not understanding what you are asking for, I believe MS already contains what you are asking for. I currently use a Bluetooth trigger to launch Music Player (Remix) 2.0. I have the State set to 'Connected to', the Profile set to 'Stereo Music'.
    it currently does everything i need. However i would like this bluetooth trigger to be working in an application that is in the official palm product catalog and not just homebrew. That way i can refer users of my official apps to such a bluetooth trigger program. However, im scared the bluetooth trigger method is only accessible through a none official api which would make it impossible to be made into an official product catalog app. This is the clarification i was looking for.


    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  2.    #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    it currently does everything i need. However i would like this bluetooth trigger to be working in an application that is in the official palm product catalog and not just homebrew. That way i can refer users of my official apps to such a bluetooth trigger program. However, im scared the bluetooth trigger method is only accessible through a none official api which would make it impossible to be made into an official product catalog app. This is the clarification i was looking for.


    number1pete
    So you would only need an app that could start some app when certain bluetooth connection is made right? If this is the case it might be possible and I can check if that part of MS is using unofficial API's or not.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. #483  
    I put in my google id (NAME@gmail.com) and password, and click "List Modes"... and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

    I tried searching for the google group to browse it from my computer, but I can't find it; anyone got a link for me?
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    I put in my google id (NAME@gmail.com) and password, and click "List Modes"... and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

    I tried searching for the google group to browse it from my computer, but I can't find it; anyone got a link for me?
    It only currently shows your own exported modes (that you have in your google docs account). This is due to the fact that the groups did not work as I expected. The "shared" mode documents need to be added manually if wanted so it is not very handy. I have to come up with more nicer way to do the mode "sharing".
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So you would only need an app that could start some app when certain bluetooth connection is made right? If this is the case it might be possible and I can check if that part of MS is using unofficial API's or not.
    you are correct. However, i built an app this morning that does such a thing but it would only correctly call the com.palm.btmonitor/monitor/ (found this in your code) request if i named the app com.palm.{whatever app name}. So it looks like that particular service request is reserved for palm only.

    so disappointing. But yeah that would have been a great app that you could have made in the official app catalog.

    wish there was a list of all the com.palm services that are and are not available to devs.

    thanks,

    number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

    CPUScaling app L337Tech post

    Super PreKernel app

    If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  6. #486  
    Sconix kbrabble found a bug in another thread I created to test a Data On Demand mode I created here is the link

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...you-think.html

    When you set the Application trigger to On Background even when you close the app the trigger stays activated.
  7.    #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    Sconix kbrabble found a bug in another thread I created to test a Data On Demand mode I created here is the link

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...you-think.html

    When you set the Application trigger to On Background even when you close the app the trigger stays activated.
    Its not a bug its a feature. Its not possible to know when app is closed. Otherwise the trigger would have on start/close options too...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Its not a bug its a feature. Its not possible to know when app is closed. Otherwise the trigger would have on start/close options too...
    That is definitely not true. The JsTop app can tell you what appId/PID's are running. You can use that info for a trigger.

    Also that is a really bad name for it. Background usually means an app is doing background processing. But this keeps it triggered even when the app is fully closed doing nothing. Very confusing.
  9.    #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    That is definitely not true. The JsTop app can tell you what appId/PID's are running. You can use that info for a trigger.

    Also that is a really bad name for it. Background usually means an app is doing background processing. But this keeps it triggered even when the app is fully closed doing nothing. Very confusing.
    Sorry for being unclear. It is not possible without polling. Jstop is meant to be used temporaly / only when its active so it can poll running apps. MS is meant to run all the time noticing trigger when they happen so polling would eat battery in no time since device could not go to sleep. So polling is out of the question when it comes to MS.

    Yes the background is bad name, minimized / not focused etc. would be much better and it is not definitely the only confusing thing in the options, but I have decided to leave all UI clarifications / changes until the I begin the work on new UI.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10. #490  
    Just because it kills battery doesnt mean you have to rule polling triggers out. What if polling triggers could be set but with rules for instance. Only do a polling trigger when plugged to a wall charger or touchstone maybe turn it off when certain modes are triggered. That would be great if you wanted to say turn on Data when Mobile Hotspot is launched. Mobile Hotspot is only done most of the time when you are already plugged into a charger anyway since it kills you battery in no time. Therefore you only care to have a trigger when your plugged in anyway.

    Maybe set an advanced options screen so advanced users can activate polling triggers like me.
  11.    #491  
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    Just because it kills battery doesnt mean you have to rule polling triggers out. What if polling triggers could be set but with rules for instance. Only do a polling trigger when plugged to a wall charger or touchstone maybe turn it off when certain modes are triggered. That would be great if you wanted to say turn on Data when Mobile Hotspot is launched. Mobile Hotspot is only done most of the time when you are already plugged into a charger anyway since it kills you battery in no time. Therefore you only care to have a trigger when your plugged in anyway.

    Maybe set an advanced options screen so advanced users can activate polling triggers like me.
    I could for instance make it so that when mode is active it would poll closing of the app. But the problem is that then this would work only for certain situation like when mode is not on very long. And since even if I would mention it everywhere people would still use it wrongly and then they would possible even abandon MS saying that it eats battery. Missing feature is never as bad as "miss behaving" feature for the "reputation" of the app.

    To add this complex mechanism that there would be different kind of limitations when something is done would end up in unmanageable code very easily. And MS is already quite complex for the user to grasp and it would make it even more harder. I really think that the OS should provide this functionality and hopefully with 2.0 this is possible to do so I won't be adding any hacks at least before I can see if it can be made properly in 2.0. If it still can't be done then I might consider some hacks to make this happen since I can see it very valuable function.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I could for instance make it so that when mode is active it would poll closing of the app. But the problem is that then this would work only for certain situation like when mode is not on very long. And since even if I would mention it everywhere people would still use it wrongly and then they would possible even abandon MS saying that it eats battery. Missing feature is never as bad as "miss behaving" feature for the "reputation" of the app.

    To add this complex mechanism that there would be different kind of limitations when something is done would end up in unmanageable code very easily. And MS is already quite complex for the user to grasp and it would make it even more harder. I really think that the OS should provide this functionality and hopefully with 2.0 this is possible to do so I won't be adding any hacks at least before I can see if it can be made properly in 2.0. If it still can't be done then I might consider some hacks to make this happen since I can see it very valuable function.

    I understand people probably would use it incorrectly. Thanks for considering it though. Hopefully it happens in 2.0!
  13. #493  
    Tobias or mr.Funk -- that patch that you had posted to allow the reset button to not need confirmation -- has it been updated for 1.4.5?

    just askin -- just updated -- and i miss it

    thanks in advance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  14. #494  
    two issues made me remove mode switcher:

    couldn't get it to work with brightness unlinked in background and

    for some reason at midnight it would go into an infinite mode switcher restart, I would close it and it would come back and so forth forever.

    have anyone had these issues? I really like mode switcher but I couldn't use it like this
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

    IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
  15. #495  
    I do not use the brightness unlinked so would not know there but I have not had the Mode switcher cycle problem. I had a few issues before but all the kinks have now been worked out and it is working PERFECT! It is exaclty what Palm Pre was missing.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

  16. #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    two issues made me remove mode switcher:

    couldn't get it to work with brightness unlinked in background and

    for some reason at midnight it would go into an infinite mode switcher restart, I would close it and it would come back and so forth forever.

    have anyone had these issues? I really like mode switcher but I couldn't use it like this
    Well, hopefully the gurus here on the MS forum will be able to guide you through your problems and get you to reinstall and use MS again.

    couldn't get it to work with brightness unlinked
    MS and BU do not play nicely together. The best option or at least the route most people go, is to install the inverted keyboard brightness patch. IMHO, it is better than BU. It provides the same functionality in most cases and where it doesn't, MS does.

    I would close it and it would come back and so forth forever.
    After this happens, if MS is open, run the Report Problem from the App Menu so that Sconix can see the logs and be able to better determine your issue.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  17. #497  
    I notice that when I start listening to music over a stereo Bluetooth, it kicks over to a completely separate volume scale than the normal Media sound scale that MS will modify from the Sounds settings section.

    My problem is that I have multiple BT devices that have different output levels - see where I'm going with this?

    Would it be possible to have MS adjust that separate Bluetooth media volume?
  18. #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    Tobias or mr.Funk -- that patch that you had posted to allow the reset button to not need confirmation -- has it been updated for 1.4.5?

    just askin -- just updated -- and i miss it

    thanks in advance
    I uploaded it into this post.

    Just for the record, patches for apps don't depend on the WebOS version, just the app version. Since the app hasn't changed in months, the patch still works fine.

    Just remember that obviously if you uninstall Reset Button and reinstall it, you will need to re-apply the patch.

    (For anyone interested, the patch below modifies the app "Reset Button" to not require a confirmation, and to restart Luna, particularly for use in an MS mode.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
  19. #499  
    a ui request for the app. Information or question mark buttons nxt to every little thing so that I can get further details and maybe examples about how the settings (most importantly trigger settings) are going to work.

    I'm finding great uses for this app, but I'm fumbling through it. The online manual does (not) load text on a pre, and the pdf isn't loading for some reason. In app explanations would be appriciated.
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 09/15/2010 at 04:22 PM.
  20. #500  
    I'm at work so I can't check it out, but if there is a problem with the PDF link I will fix it tonight.

Posting Permissions