Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    what is a example of a setting this would be used for?
    I may have discovered a bug. I checked here and the Wiki, but did not see it mentioned yet. I have a couple GPS triggers set up one for home and another for work. Both of these modes when switched to turn on WiFi and connect to a specific SSID as well as a few other setting changes. My default mode has WiFi disabled. The issue I am seeing is for example when I drive away from work and leave the GPS area I have set the mode does change back to my default as expected; however the WiFi does not disable as it is supposed to. I have triple checked my settings to make sure I have it set correctly and I believe I do. Also it does this for both of my GPS triggers I mentioned above.

Just wanted to bring this up in case you were unaware of it. Thanks for this app it is absolutely awesome!
    The wifi and bluetooth bug has been mentioned several times in the thread. He plans a workaround with 1.08 that might fix the bug.
  4.    #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_JH View Post
    I may have discovered a bug. I checked here and the Wiki, but did not see it mentioned yet. I have a couple GPS triggers set up one for home and another for work. Both of these modes when switched to turn on WiFi and connect to a specific SSID as well as a few other setting changes. My default mode has WiFi disabled. The issue I am seeing is for example when I drive away from work and leave the GPS area I have set the mode does change back to my default as expected; however the WiFi does not disable as it is supposed to. I have triple checked my settings to make sure I have it set correctly and I believe I do. Also it does this for both of my GPS triggers I mentioned above.

Just wanted to bring this up in case you were unaware of it. Thanks for this app it is absolutely awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The wifi and bluetooth bug has been mentioned several times in the thread. He plans a workaround with 1.08 that might fix the bug.
    Yes as mamouton said its known problem and its bug in WebOS Wifi/BT which MS brings up. I am trying to get workaround for this for 1.0.8, but I am currently waiting for my dev phone to arrive so I can do proper testing for the workaround before making release. The release will happen during next week.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Where can i change headset/mic settings in mode switcher?
  6.    #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by spy2520 View Post
    Where can i change headset/mic settings in mode switcher?
    What do you mean by headset/mic settings?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    What do you mean by headset/mic settings?
    I mean the headset connection modes, ie bluetooth/wired/speakerphone. I believe the manual mentions it on the first page.
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by spy2520 View Post
    I mean the headset connection modes, ie bluetooth/wired/speakerphone. I believe the manual mentions it on the first page.
    Still not quite sure what you mean, but the headset connection mode is autodetected by WebOS so there is no setting for that. MS has a headset trigger which has setting option for different connection modes. So you can set the mode to trigger on specific headset connection.
    I see. I misunderstood the first post.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Seems Mode Switcher is changing back to "default mode" at will. Can't seem to find a trigger or reason that this might be happening. I assume you (sconix) already know this but thought I'd mention it again. Thanks
    Love the program (and have donated$$
  11.    #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlawrnce View Post
    Seems Mode Switcher is changing back to "default mode" at will. Can't seem to find a trigger or reason that this might be happening. I assume you (sconix) already know this but thought I'd mention it again. Thanks
    Not aware of any kind of mode switching issues. When you experience mode change that should not happen just use report problem action in the menu so I can see the logs why its miss behaving for you. Usually its a miss understanding of how the configuration works or GPS trigger.
    I had the exact same issue for about 3 weeks. I tired several different options, including deleting the mode that it was supposed to be on at the time of the default change and recreating it to find no change. Finally I went though and got rid of all modes and started over by recreating them. Personally when I recreated them I also tweaked the set up a little bit by changing the title of the mode and the time of day that the change was supposed to happen (by 5 minutes) and that seems to do the trick for me. Now for about 5 days it has worked PERFECT!

Hope this helps.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I've had this too. I don't have GPS triggers but it happens with my SID trigger. When I get home, I turn on wifi. Before this issue started a few weeks ago, it would launch my home settings fine. But for the past few weeks, it starts to load my home mode and then sets another mode, usually my work mode that ended at 5:00. I had not made any changes to any of my modes prior to this happening so it may have to do with a new patch or app. I usually have to do a restart and then the modes will work properly until the next day. I have to do this because every time I turn on wifi, the mode it switches to doesn't have wifi enables and thus I cannot use wifi until I restart. I will try to get a log tonight. Maybe I will need to delete and start over like huffman01.
    Back when mode switcher was in beta and I still had my original sprint pre (i've since moved my sprint comm board to a pre plus), whenever my phone ran out of RAM, mode switcher would be forced to restart. I'm not sure if sconix ever found a way around this problem but maybe that's what is happening? The extra 256 RAM in the pre plus makes a HUGE difference.
    Had Mode switcher and the Main Menu patch installed a week ago, all installed and working fine. Then a few days ago I install a few apps and updated a few patches, USCL etc... restarted the devices. The Main menu option is gone.

Tried uninstall & reinstall just the main menu patch alone, uninstall & reinstall both the main menu patch & mode switcher and also tried uninstall & reinstall USCL and the patch & mode switcher altogether. Install went fine without any error, but the main menu patch just doesn't work. Mode switcher it self is working fine, but tapping on the top left main menu just nothing happen.

Anyone can think of any potential conflict or problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    Had Mode switcher and the Main Menu patch installed a week ago, all installed and working fine. Then a few days ago I install a few apps and updated a few patches, USCL etc... restarted the devices. The Main menu option is gone.

Tried uninstall & reinstall just the main menu patch alone, uninstall & reinstall both the main menu patch & mode switcher and also tried uninstall & reinstall USCL and the patch & mode switcher altogether. Install went fine without any error, but the main menu patch just doesn't work. Mode switcher it self is working fine, but tapping on the top left main menu just nothing happen.

Anyone can think of any potential conflict or problem?
    Are you sure you got all the required patches reinstalled?

• System Menu Initial Framework
    • System Menu Mode Menu
    • Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot
    • and of course Mode Switcher
    Yes, just double checked all was installed. And just tried uninstall & reinstall both System Menu Initial Framework & System Menu Mode Menu. No respond on the main menu.

Will try uninstalling all 4 now.

UPDATE 1
    =======

uninstalled & reinstalled all 4 files. Same result. Mode switcher itself and trigger has always been working.

UPDATE 2 - solved
    ============

After uninstalling & reinstalling a few other patches one by one. I figured out the problem was because a conflict with the patch "Device Menu Ultramix". When installing via Preware, neither patch gave any error. However, having both installed, "System Menu Mode Menu" will be disable.

Thanks Sconix for this amazing patch. Keep up the good works!
    Last edited by idiotboxxer; 09/15/2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    so im guessing the method you are using to get bluetooth pairing status in unofficial. My point is that i would like to see an application launching app show up in the official product catalog that depends on a music pairing bluetooth connection. If this is possible i highly recommend it get built. Or let me know and i will build it.

thanks,

number1pete
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    so im guessing the method you are using to get bluetooth pairing status in unofficial. My point is that i would like to see an application launching app show up in the official product catalog that depends on a music pairing bluetooth connection. If this is possible i highly recommend it get built. Or let me know and i will build it.

thanks,

number1pete
    Unless I am not understanding what you are asking for, I believe MS already contains what you are asking for. I currently use a Bluetooth trigger to launch Music Player (Remix) 2.0. I have the State set to 'Connected to', the Profile set to 'Stereo Music'.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Anyone looking to eliminate the battery sucking effects of Synergy using mode switcher here is a link to my post.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...you-think.html