Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux186 View Post
    First, I must say this is by far one of the best apps I have yet used for the Pre. Thank you sconix!!

I'm having a couple problems and I apologize if they've come up before.

1) I can't seem to get the BT disconnected trigger to work. Connected works fine, but if I tell it to only trigger a mode when BT is not connected, it simply ignores the trigger. The goal is to have the phone avoid switching to modes which disable BT when BT is currently in use.

2) I can't get GPS triggering to work reliably. How often does it pole GPS to check if it's in a location? I set it to 2000 meters, but still it sometimes does not trigger, especially when switching out of a mode back to default. The goal is to have it switch out of a mode back to default, then detect it is in the GPS trigger location and switch to the mode for that location.

Thanks!
    1) Last time I tested the disconnected trigger worked for me, but I only tested disconnecting certain profile. Can you tell me what kind of disconnect trigger is not working? Or better test the different option and tell me which if any works etc. (like plain disconnected no device or profile set, then with device or profile name depending how are you trying to get it to work). And are you disconnecting device or disabling bt when its not working.

2) MS is not very persistent when there is a bad GPS signal, but for 1.1.0 I am changing the GPS trigger so that it hopefully gets much better. No timetable yet for 1.1.0, but definitely during this month.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Sconix, I didn't see it listed on your wiki for possible enhancements so I thought I'd suggest it:

I love tweaking and your app is a tweakers dream come true. But one reason why it took so long for me to start playing with this is that I've been busy and didn't have the time to devote the copious amount of time that I knew would be involved, especially for someone who likes to tweak. Anyway, for such people and also for those who actually do NOT like to play with all these settings, I'm wondering if maybe having some set of basic modes, such as the ones in your manual or on the first post of this thread, might be actually pre-installed with MS? Or at least to have some way of installing them from a central location? I'm wondering if your facility to import from Google Groups/Google Docs might serve as a way for ppl to download a standard set of them. It wouldn't have to be exhaustive at all, just your basics like driving, night, work, home, etc. Then ppl could examine the settings and tweak them as opposed to having to come up with it all themselves?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Sconix, I didn't see it listed on your wiki for possible enhancements so I thought I'd suggest it:

I love tweaking and your app is a tweakers dream come true. But one reason why it took so long for me to start playing with this is that I've been busy and didn't have the time to devote the copious amount of time that I knew would be involved, especially for someone who likes to tweak. Anyway, for such people and also for those who actually do NOT like to play with all these settings, I'm wondering if maybe having some set of basic modes, such as the ones in your manual or on the first post of this thread, might be actually pre-installed with MS? Or at least to have some way of installing them from a central location? I'm wondering if your facility to import from Google Groups/Google Docs might serve as a way for ppl to download a standard set of them. It wouldn't have to be exhaustive at all, just your basics like driving, night, work, home, etc. Then ppl could examine the settings and tweak them as opposed to having to come up with it all themselves?
    Yes preset modes are coming at some point, the google docs import was already supposed to be beginning, but it was not as automatic I was hoped. The sharing docs between members of google groups requires manual clicking of the link which is too bad. I have currently taken some time to work on couple patches and when I get back to MS this is certainly one of the things I will resolve.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    1. I set a sleep mode that includes a Mute setting for email notifications. Unfortunately, the ringtone continues to play when I get an email, despite the mode being set. Any suggestions? I have tried deleting the setting and re-setting it, deleting the mode and re-creating it. Shutting down and restarting MS. I am out of ideas...help?
    Same problem for me. My wife is getting irritated with me when it seems every night my phone chimes with email notifications. Until I determine what's wrong, I've just added another setting to my sleep mode....In addition to muting, I've also just simply changed the volume down to the minimum. I'll find out tonight if that works as a short-term solution.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/09/2010 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Added quote tags
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes preset modes are coming at some point, the google docs import was already supposed to be beginning, but it was not as automatic I was hoped. The sharing docs between members of google groups requires manual clicking of the link which is too bad. I have currently taken some time to work on couple patches and when I get back to MS this is certainly one of the things I will resolve.
    whatcha patchin?

is it bad form to ask?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Great! One more thing that I just thought of. Any chance you might be able to add some options for < 5 min for the active time in the interval trigger? My main use for this would be to set up a modifier mode that would help extend battery life a bit by turning off data. But I don't want to do this for 5 straight minutes. One minute is short enough that it probably won't effect what I do much, especially if it is just one minute out of every 10 or 15.

hey, here is another trigger idea: javascript memory usage, amount set by me. When it reaches 30 or 40 MB, I'd like jstop to be launched/triggered in this mode I set up, so that it can start auto garbage collect

that's for all the work you've all ready done sconix!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Couple more quick question that I just thought of:

If you have custom ringtones for individuals but you set a ringtone in one of the modes, does it override it for any custom ringtone settings or just for the general catch-all ringtone?

I have Flickr Addict rotating my wallpapers and would like to disable it in a mode (to save battery life), but it seems that setting the wallpaper to a specific file in a mode doesn't prevent Flickr Addict from continuing to rotate these. Do you have any suggestions for how I might get that rotating to stop?

Hello Sconix, Awesome App, Superb Work!
    I'm running into a problem that I can't seem to pin point everytime I try to install the patch "System Menu Initial Framework"... it fails to install each and everytime :-(

I emailed the ipkg log to myself....here it is copied... If you are able to and have the time, would you please take a look at it and see if you can point me in the right direction?
    Thanks a lot...

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:05 --:--:-- 0
    100 14486 100 14486 0 0 2503 0 0:00:05 0:00:05 --:--:-- 46133
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-system-menu-initial-framework.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Njtroncoso View Post
    Hello Sconix, Awesome App, Superb Work!
    I'm running into a problem that I can't seem to pin point everytime I try to install the patch "System Menu Initial Framework"... it fails to install each and everytime :-( ........

1 out of 12 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$..........
    I don't know off the top of my head what/if any patches conflict with the SMIF patch, however, the error I think is pointing to some other patch that has modified the top bar files. That in turn might be causing your failed install problem.

There could be more to it, but at least start by removing all your top bar patches, restart luna, then try and install the SMIF patch. Others will correct me if I am wrong I guess.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I've removed all the patches I had installed that had anything to do with the top bar and yet I continue to have to same problem... the SMIF won't install :-(

Any other suggestions??
    Please & Thank you..
    I've removed all the patches I had installed that had anything to do with the top bar and yet I continue to have to same problem... the SMIF won't install :-(

Any other suggestions??
    Please & Thank you..
    Well....you could run the EPR to wipe out all patch changes, then start with the SMIF patch, then the others. You could also try and repair/replace that one file (usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs) $with$ $the$ $WebOS$ $Repair$ $Utility$.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  13.    #453  

Any other suggestions??
    Please & Thank you..
    Its most likely is some patch conflicting. The bar-assistant file is edited other patches too not just top bar patches. When 100 % sure that no patch is editing it then it might have got "corrupted" on unclean patch uninstall etc. In this case the file can be recovered (replaced by the original). When all else fails you can run EPR then install first the top bar patch and then use the saved package list to install all the rest of your patches back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rw_hoover View Post
    Same problem for me. My wife is getting irritated with me when it seems every night my phone chimes with email notifications. Until I determine what's wrong, I've just added another setting to my sleep mode....In addition to muting, I've also just simply changed the volume down to the minimum. I'll find out tonight if that works as a short-term solution.
    Hi. Sconix actually gave me a solution for this issue in a response the next day. Go to your settings in your sleep mode config. Set Email Alerts and Email Ringtones to Per Account. It then gives you the option to set each of your email accounts individually to Mute (apparently the Global mute setting for email is buggy currently). This fixed the issue for me, no need to change volume settings on my Sleep Mode.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Just noticed something - I turned off the event triggers via the patch, then selected an modifier mode manually. When I did this, event triggers got reenabled when this happened which triggered this mode to close because its triggers weren't actually appropriate for the conditions. I'm thinking that selecting a mode manually shouldn't reenable triggers, right? I ended up doing it again and when the new mode reenabled the triggers I went back and re-disabled them. I suppose I could create a version of the modifier mode that has no triggers and thus will only activate when manually selected and then will stay on until told to close, but that brings me to a different question - do people create lots of modes like this so they can both manually select stuff as well as have modes that get triggered automatically? Or do you try to keep the number of your modes to as low a number as possible? Is there a limit to how many modes you can set up?

Sconix, thanks for the wonderful application and your patches. They're all awesome.

I have a "modifier mode" that is set to only trigger when put on the touchstone in landscape (left). The mode launches the application "Ancient Pond", however, when I remove it from the touchstone it does not automatically close Ancient Pond. Am I doing something wrong or does mode switcher have problems closing certain applications? My mode is set to "Close Started".
    Just noticed something - I turned off the event triggers via the patch, then selected an modifier mode manually. When I did this, event triggers got reenabled when this happened which triggered this mode to close because its triggers weren't actually appropriate for the conditions. I'm thinking that selecting a mode manually shouldn't reenable triggers, right? I ended up doing it again and when the new mode reenabled the triggers I went back and re-disabled them. I suppose I could create a version of the modifier mode that has no triggers and thus will only activate when manually selected and then will stay on until told to close, but that brings me to a different question - do people create lots of modes like this so they can both manually select stuff as well as have modes that get triggered automatically? Or do you try to keep the number of your modes to as low a number as possible? Is there a limit to how many modes you can set up?
    You can create as many modes (normal or modifier) as you wish. Personally, I've found that I have went back and reconfigured my MS modes around to be 3 normal modes and the rest modifiers (10 I think). Works for my situations.

I can't respond to the first part of your post, cause I have not had enough time to look into it yet.

18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    Sconix, thanks for the wonderful application and your patches. They're all awesome.

I have a "modifier mode" that is set to only trigger when put on the touchstone in landscape (left). The mode launches the application "Ancient Pond", however, when I remove it from the touchstone it does not automatically close Ancient Pond. Am I doing something wrong or does mode switcher have problems closing certain applications? My mode is set to "Close Started".
    Well the app closing is not 100% reliable since WebOS does not provide proper app control. Specially apps that have multiple instances or some kind of background service etc. may cause problems. I am not familiar with the app you are mentioning so cannot be sure why it is not closing. But I am pretty sure that the fault is not in MS and its in the app closing mechanism offered by WebOS which currently is far from perfect. I will test that app that if I could alter MS logic so that it would close that app too.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    ok, while I was playing with MS today, I realized there's was a feature that would be great to have: a MODE trigger. Eventually I figures out this is accomplished by adding an MS entry in the app section. Ok, great, but I would suggest that maybe at least the Require Mode option there be removed and converted to a new category (MS) of trigger, since that is really what it is, whereas the other options are all actions (ie start mode, close mode, etc.).

20.    #460  
    ok, while I was playing with MS today, I realized there's was a feature that would be great to have: a MODE trigger. Eventually I figures out this is accomplished by adding an MS entry in the app section. Ok, great, but I would suggest that maybe at least the Require Mode option there be removed and converted to a new category (MS) of trigger, since that is really what it is, whereas the other options are all actions (ie start mode, close mode, etc.).
    Yes thats the plan, I just added the require mode in MS app since it was easier to add for now. I plan to convert it into trigger at some point.