Page 20 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
    I haven't tried the System Menu Mode Menu yet and as I read this it seemed there is no point.

Is there a way to get rid of the dashboard icon on the Pixi? Even if it means to have the MS card open all the time. On the Pixi you can't effort precious display space permanently with the dashboard.
    At least 1.0.8 will have means of using modes manually without dashboard. Since dashboard is only needed for some of the (almost all) triggers. So will make it so that at least manual usage is possible. Not sure if able to enable those triggers that wont need dashboard.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    thanks for your efforts and your labor

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    dashboard is only needed for some of the (almost all) triggers. So will make it so that at least manual usage is possible. Not sure if able to enable those triggers that wont need dashboard.
    ok
    I'd like to use the time trigger (like every 15 minutes) to make sure my apps are loaded
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
    thanks for your efforts and your labor

ok
    I'd like to use the time trigger (like every 15 minutes) to make sure my apps are loaded
    Time triggers would work without dashboard. So I will try to get those basic triggers work without dashboard.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Would you be able to add a timeout to bluetooth disconnected trigger?

I created a modifier that turns off the bluetooth radio when my headset is disconnected but would like it to wait about a minute just in case I'm just switching headsets
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon View Post
    Would you be able to add a timeout to bluetooth disconnected trigger?

I created a modifier that turns off the bluetooth radio when my headset is disconnected but would like it to wait about a minute just in case I'm just switching headsets
    I'll see at what point I have time. At the latest for 1.2.0 I can add it since for that version I plan to make the delay settings "better" anyway.
    I have set up the default mode to start govnah on reboot. However, govnah doesn't show after I reboot. I have eliminated all other apps and govnah still doesn't show.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jingles View Post
    I have set up the default mode to start govnah on reboot. However, govnah doesn't show after I reboot. I have eliminated all other apps and govnah still doesn't show.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    Did you use the "Add App" button or the "Add Srv" button?

Using "Add Srv" sends parameters to Govnah in 'service mode', i.e. without a card launch.

Using "Add App" will launch the card view of Govnah, which sounds like what you're after.
    sconix I setup several modes today to try out the latest update.

Default- has all connections except gps enabled and govnah to start and close on default

Touchstone- night all connections except bluetooth and gps enabled govnah on start palm default on close fixed speed 720 trigger touchstone any orientation and connected to home wifi

Home -everything except gps enabled trigger connected to home wifi

Car- everything enabled except wifi apps govnah on start 720 on close do nothing trigger when not in location (gps coordinates) and touchstone

Work- everything enabled except bluetooth and gps apps govnah on start palm default on close fixed speed 720 trigger connected to work wifi.

My dilema I took phone off charger this morning around 7:00 am at work by 10:00 am phone was down to 32% with no use. Is there any setting I have configured that would cause it to drain excessively like that? Do I need to change some of the settings? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I think this app should 'ship' with a few pre-installed profiles
  10.    #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I think this app should 'ship' with a few pre-installed profiles
    This is the plan. Its just waiting the right time (meaning when I have time to add those).
  11.    #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post

Default- has all connections except gps enabled and govnah to start and close on default

Touchstone- night all connections except bluetooth and gps enabled govnah on start palm default on close fixed speed 720 trigger touchstone any orientation and connected to home wifi

Car- everything enabled except wifi apps govnah on start 720 on close do nothing trigger when not in location (gps coordinates) and touchstone

Work- everything enabled except bluetooth and gps apps govnah on start palm default on close fixed speed 720 trigger connected to work wifi.

My dilema I took phone off charger this morning around 7:00 am at work by 10:00 am phone was down to 32% with no use. Is there any setting I have configured that would cause it to drain excessively like that? Do I need to change some of the settings? Thanks!
    At least no one has reported any battery draining, but I know couple times it has happened to some once. For me too actually. And at least on that time it was not directly MS fault. It seems that changing BT/Wifi state is buggy in WebOS. For 1.0.8 I have tried to change the service apply mechanism in a hope that it would reduce this bug frequency for those who have problems with it (it has caused wifi or bluetooth to "stall" for some or otherwise behave strangly, although most (if not all) of these users have had overclocking kernel not sure if that can also effect). The time when I lost battery with that rapid time frame I noticed from the logs that my Wifi was doing something very weird (producing high amounts of log). Rebooting the phone took care of the problem and haven't had it since. And most of the other cases has been that MS has eat battery right after installing and reboot has fixed that. So not sure if luna restart could sometimes start MS in a "bad way".

So try rebooting it most likely fixes it, if it happens again please use the problem report from the menu as soon as you notice the draining so I can see the logs. So at least nothing in your settings should do it.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This is the plan. Its just waiting the right time (meaning when I have time to add those).
    Did you get the debug email(s) I sent? I'm still having issues with app triggers changing the Govnah profiles. It doesn't pick the right ones sometimes.
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Did you get the debug email(s) I sent? I'm still having issues with app triggers changing the Govnah profiles. It doesn't pick the right ones sometimes.
    Must have missed the email, sorry. But MS will ask the configured profile id thats for sure. I am not sure if the id's can change in govnah if you change the profiles. So try removing govnah from the app list and adding it again so it gets refreshed profile id:s.

Were you using your BT? I ask because I have noticed a few times that if I am switching to my car mode at the same time my BT device is attempting to connect as Sconix said the BT switch in WebOS is buggy.... basically what I have noticed is it will sit there saying "Turning on BT" (or whatever the message is), but the circle just keeps spinning. So far only way I have found to fix this is by restarting luna. If I switch to car mode before my BT device is attempting to connect, no problems at all.

Just throwing that out, that if you weren't using your BT maybe you didn't notice that WebOS was trying to connect the whole time.... could cause excessive battery drain since it was attempting to connect the whole time. Since I use my BT every time I get in my car, I haven't had a chance to see if it actually would drain that fast.
    No wasn't using bluetooth at the time I was posting to first see if some of my setups were causing the problem. I just happened to notice it while it was on my desk. @sconix I will send logs next time it happens. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Did you use the "Add App" button or the "Add Srv" button?

Using "Add Srv" sends parameters to Govnah in 'service mode', i.e. without a card launch.

Using "Add App" will launch the card view of Govnah, which sounds like what you're after.

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't aware that service mode meant govnah would run in the background with the parameters set by mode switcher.

Jingles
    in the location services app, under "locate me using," I have both "gps" and "google services" selected now. Will a gps trigger work w/ goog services if I have gps off in the sys menu? I try to keep it off to save battery.
    No wasn't using bluetooth at the time I was posting to first see if some of my setups were causing the problem. I just happened to notice it while it was on my desk. @sconix I will send logs next time it happens. Thanks!
    Curious, cuz I assumed, were you in car profile on your way to work? I just assumed because that's where I use mine..... thinking if you were having the same WebOS BT connect issue I have, it could have been draining your battery pretty hard constantly trying to connect to a BT device.
    Mode Type: normal or modifier
    whats the difference?
    Hey borg92802, I have a potential solution for your problem but it doesn't lie in Mode Switcher (which is awesome!). Music (Remix) 2.0 comes equipped with a sleep timer. Just became available today. Not on preware yet. Here's the thread about it and a link to the ipk:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-2-0-beta.html

https://sites.google.com/site/hedami...1.99.0_all.ipk

Definitely check out the thread. There are links to videos dev made about the changes to the app. Looks pretty sweet.