Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    When I look at HELP for MS it say 0.9.100. I tried uninstall/reinstalling, but cant seem to get version 1.0.x.

Device Info also says 0.9.100.

I am running a Pre+ with 1.4.2 if that makes any difference.

thanks
    Scott
    Have you restarted luna or the device? It really should say 1.0.4 (if latest installed).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Odd...I do not see it in Preware...and I have the WebOS internals feed enabled.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I have not used this app so far but based on what I am reading it seems like this is a must have. Hoping to be as impressed as everyone else.
    Just one thing, why is it that the version available for download thru preware is version 1.0.3, whereas it states "Current version: 1.0.4" in the first post.

Edit: Oops! Posted without refreshing the thread first, thus did not see DarkEye's post.
    Well I updated the thread when uploaded the changes. It always take some time for the updates to hit the feed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    When I browse through the Preware feeds manually on the web, it shows 1.0.4. Refreshing Preware feeds, however, does not show the latest version.

It's possible Preware is accessing a cached copy of Packages.gz, and it can take a few minutes (or longer) for it to get the updated package list. Or there could be some other kind of bug preventing Preware from receiving the latest update immediately.

Adventurous souls can update their packages manually by downloading and installing with one of the various methods available, but I would suggest just waiting until the updated package shows up in Preware.
    Just updated feeds and it is now there. Thanks much for the prompt response.
    Congratulations, Sconix, from an "old-school" Mode Switcher mode switcher!
    this is THE app. CONGRATULATIONS.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Have you restarted luna or the device? It really should say 1.0.4 (if latest installed).
    Tried a Luna and Device restart. Just went into Preware which said there was an Update for Mode Switcher. Updated / Luna restart.

in Preware under installed it says Mode Switcher 1.0.0. If I open MS, under help it says 0.9.100.

Very strange. What can I try next?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Tried a Luna and Device restart. Just went into Preware which said there was an Update for Mode Switcher. Updated / Luna restart.

in Preware under installed it says Mode Switcher 1.0.0. If I open MS, under help it says 0.9.100.

Very strange. What can I try next?
    In 1.0.0 there was wrong version left for the app so for that it is correct, but the feeds really have already 1.0.4 so for some reason your Preware is not refreshing the feeds (at least I expect that you already tried to update the feeds manually).
    Thanks for this great application. Donation is on the way.

However, I'm not able to get calendar triggers to work. I created a custom mode named "Loud" and a second one named "Mute". I set the mode type for both of them to "modifier" and only one activation trigger "calendar event". I chose the one calendar I use for this type of appointments and active on to "match". For the "loud" mode the string is set to "Loud" and for the mode "Mute" it is set to "Mute".

Regardless of the calendar-event I created my Pre won't change the mode. What do I have to enter in the fields
    - event name
    - event location
    - event notes
    in order to get the modes to work?

Thanks

Maik
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honk View Post
    Thanks for this great application. Donation is on the way.

However, I'm not able to get calendar triggers to work. I created a custom mode named "Loud" and a second one named "Mute". I set the mode type for both of them to "modifier" and only one activation trigger "calendar event". I chose the one calendar I use for this type of appointments and active on to "match". For the "loud" mode the string is set to "Loud" and for the mode "Mute" it is set to "Mute".

Regardless of the calendar-event I created my Pre won't change the mode. What do I have to enter in the fields
    - event name
    - event location
    - event notes
    in order to get the modes to work?

Thanks

Maik
    It should be enough if the match word is mentioned in any of those fields. If it still does not trigger then just try setting it to any calendar. Then you could also try selecting the calendar, but leaving the match text empty and it should match every event. Report to me if it works any of those ways since it will help to determine why it is not working. If it does not work with any settings then right after event that contains the match word has started, but mode has not triggered use the report problem action in the menu so I can get your logs and hopefully see what is going on and why it is not triggering.
    Did a remove/restart/install/restart and updated Preware feeds. Now have 1.0.4 installed and running.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Many many thanks, sconix for the wonderful app and all the time you spent making it what it is today and Congrats on 1.x
    I can't imagine my Pre without MS now.
    Sconix,
    I updated to 1.04, and am dead in the water. After luna restart (and a subsequent reboot), default mode triggers, my initial apps start, but I cannot start the app. When I try I get the blinking icon, and then the app crashes and restarts, starting the default apps again...

Either there is a problem with the release, or my default mode is broken. But I cannot get in to check/clear it.

Preware thinks that my version is 1.04
    Can the app determine my location without using GPS ie if I am indoors? It doesn't seem able to but wish it could!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggarvey View Post
    Sconix,
    I updated to 1.04, and am dead in the water. After luna restart (and a subsequent reboot), default mode triggers, my initial apps start, but I cannot start the app. When I try I get the blinking icon, and then the app crashes and restarts, starting the default apps again...

Either there is a problem with the release, or my default mode is broken. But I cannot get in to check/clear it.

Preware thinks that my version is 1.04
    At least this is a first time I hear anything like this. Could you try to start MS and right after it "crashes" then retrieve /var/log/messages (with internalz for example) and send it to me by email or by PM. I could see what is causing it. Since MS should detect faulty configuration and reset it if that would be the case. So it might be some hidden bug.
    Great Work! I dontated a little bit yesterday as well.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It should be enough if the match word is mentioned in any of those fields. If it still does not trigger then just try setting it to any calendar. Then you could also try selecting the calendar, but leaving the match text empty and it should match every event. Report to me if it works any of those ways since it will help to determine why it is not working. If it does not work with any settings then right after event that contains the match word has started, but mode has not triggered use the report problem action in the menu so I can get your logs and hopefully see what is going on and why it is not triggering.

- "It should be enough if the match word is mentioned in any of those fields"
    did not work

- "If it still does not trigger then just try setting it to any calendar"
    did not work

- "Then you could also try selecting the calendar, but leaving the match text empty and it should match every event"
    did not work

I just send the log to you.

Thanks again for your support

Maik
    Can you donate in US $, or only Euros?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones2268 View Post
    Can the app determine my location without using GPS ie if I am indoors? It doesn't seem able to but wish it could!
    With any GPS and any app, when indoors, your results may vary. You won't get as good a fix/signal as if you were outdoors. So the lack of determining your location well when your indoors is no fault of MS.

Now, you can use other triggers besides GPS if your configuring/wanting your modes to be based on location, such as the wifi trigger. That is how I determine my home and work locations instead of using GPS.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567 12 52 ... LastLast