Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I would advice otherwise. The phone app has some kind of special status in WebOS and some system request that MS uses fail at least while active phone call is on. So I am not sure if that is the case that even starting of the phone app is enough for some system calls to be blocked. But if you still want to try you don't need two triggers. If you set both it means that the mode is active in both cases when the app is on foregroun and when background so it never closes. You only need one app trigger and set it to foreground and add phone app. Since the option tells when the mode is active (in this case when the phone app is foreground). So the mode closes when phone app has been on background / closes for 15 seconds.
    The reason I tried to use two triggers is because I use speakerphone most of the time, and do other things while on calls. I have a 125/800 screenstate setup, and added with the display being on and the phone radio in use, even 5 minute phone calls can drain the battery pretty quickly.

I've found clocking down to 500 MHz helps a lot. This why I could use a trigger for just having an app open.
  2.    #362  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    The reason I tried to use two triggers is because I use speakerphone most of the time, and do other things while on calls. I have a 125/800 screenstate setup, and added with the display being on and the phone radio in use, even 5 minute phone calls can drain the battery pretty quickly.

I've found clocking down to 500 MHz helps a lot. This why I could use a trigger for just having an app open.
    I see, for this it really should be app start/close trigger, but it is not possible at least not yet Theres always the possibility to do a long call mode that you start manually that brings app phone app etc. which you start and close manually.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I see.. Well, I am trying just using a background trigger for now, but it doesn't switch modes when I open Phone or switch to other apps. The foreground trigger is the only one that works.
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I see.. Well, I am trying just using a background trigger for now, but it doesn't switch modes when I open Phone or switch to other apps. The foreground trigger is the only one that works.
    At least the background trigger is working for me. So it activates mode when ever the set application is not on foreground. If its not working for you then please use the report problem action so I could get logs and see why.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hi Sconix,

I'd assume this would be somewhat far out on your list of features to add, but I'd like to see the ability to trigger a mode based on whether a meeting appointment with attendees had just become active. For example, at 2pm I started a meeting that had others in attendance (if you look at the appointment in the calendar, you can see a # of "participants"). I would use this type of trigger to create a mode, where my sounds all go to vibrate, otherwise (if it was an appointment with no other attendees, or there were no appointments), keep the sounds on.

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    At least the background trigger is working for me. So it activates mode when ever the set application is not on foreground. If its not working for you then please use the report problem action so I could get logs and see why.
    How do I go about submitting a proper error log?
    with an app as a trigger, looks like you can select forground or background. I'd like to be able to set that to launch or close, so that a mode will happen when I launch a specified app, and will turn off, or else another mode will happen when I close a specified app. Possible? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    with an app as a trigger, looks like you can select forground or background. I'd like to be able to set that to launch or close, so that a mode will happen when I launch a specified app, and will turn off, or else another mode will happen when I close a specified app. Possible? Thanks.
    I believe this was the original plan for the app trigger, but due to webOS limitations only foreground/background was possible. Sconix will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I believe this was the original plan for the app trigger, but due to webOS limitations only foreground/background was possible. Sconix will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yea, that's exactly what I wanted. I thought sconix implied it was for for specific apps (phone, etc) though.
    I'm back, and I'm not sure how the time interval trigger works with the display trigger. What about the following?

Normal Mode: Occasional Sleep Check [wifi: enable]
    Trigger: Any Grouped
    Group 0: Time Interval [5min / 1hr]
    Group 1: Display Off [30 sec], Time Interval [5min / 1hr]

What would that do? My guess is that it would activate 1) whenever the screen goes to sleep, and 2) every hour. But how does it repeat?

If I turn the display off at 1:50, does it run to 1:55? Does it come back on at 2:00 and run to 2:05, and then 3:00 to 3:05, and then 4:00 to 4:05?

Or when I turn the display off at 1:50, does it run 1:50 to 1:55, then 2:50 to 2:55, then 3:50 to 3:55, and then 4:50 to 4:55?

In other words, does turning off the display make the timer start early, or is the timer trigger independent of the display trigger?
    I LOVE MODE SWITCHER...
    i cant believe how easy it was to set up and how great it works, hands down the best thing about the PRE
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    aww
  13.    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post
    I'm back, and I'm not sure how the time interval trigger works with the display trigger. What about the following?

Normal Mode: Occasional Sleep Check [wifi: enable]
    Trigger: Any Grouped
    Group 0: Time Interval [5min / 1hr]
    Group 1: Display Off [30 sec], Time Interval [5min / 1hr]

What would that do? My guess is that it would activate 1) whenever the screen goes to sleep, and 2) every hour. But how does it repeat?

If I turn the display off at 1:50, does it run to 1:55? Does it come back on at 2:00 and run to 2:05, and then 3:00 to 3:05, and then 4:00 to 4:05?

Or when I turn the display off at 1:50, does it run 1:50 to 1:55, then 2:50 to 2:55, then 3:50 to 3:55, and then 4:50 to 4:55?

In other words, does turning off the display make the timer start early, or is the timer trigger independent of the display trigger?
    The interval trigger is not fully finished. Its current operation works best when used alone and only from triggered mode starts. For 1.1.0 I plan to finish the trigger. Currently the interval timer is started every time the modes triggers are checked and if mode activates on that check then its on during the configured time and at the same time the repeat timer is set. So in your case the display trigger would "reset" the interval every time. So when ever screen triggers sets mode on the mode stays on the period of time and then if no display trigger for long time the repeat trigger would turn on the mode. At least this is how it should work, but the interval trigger was the latest addition which I have not had time to finish properly.
    could hardware buttons and keyboard presses or combinations be added to triggers? So that these sort of ideas could be pulled off?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lashlight.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-hardware.html
  15.    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    could hardware buttons and keyboard presses or combinations be added to triggers? So that these sort of ideas could be pulled off?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lashlight.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-hardware.html
    I guess the volume buttons could, but since their default purpose cannot be overwritten (as far as I know) it's not nice. And for capturing keyboard presses I guess card view is needed. So I am pretty sure these are out of the question, but will check to be sure.
    I guess the volume buttons could, but since their default purpose cannot be overwritten (as far as I know) it's not nice. And for capturing keyboard presses I guess card view is needed. So I am pretty sure these are out of the question, but will check to be sure.
    awesome, thanks.

power button? Double press, long hold? Etc. Gesture tap as an extra modifier for anoter option?
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 09/02/2010 at 05:12 AM.
    o, and I thought flashlight on/off was in settings, but I guess not
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    You could try to pick the location from the map, since the fetch location may not be the most accurate one. If you want to see what MS thinks of your location you could follow your messages log (/var/log/messages) the distance to the target is always printed into that file with current and set coordinates. The GPS trigger is currently set to be more battery friendly than fast/reliable. So it works well when you have a very good GPS lock or have used other GPS apps. For 1.1.0 I plan to tweak the GPS trigger a bit in a way that it would try to get the initial location more persistently and then move to the battery saving algorithm. Since in my testing if I kept some GPS app on until the accuracy got close enough and MS picked the location trigger then if I closed the app MS continued to work more better. So I am trying to achieve this with the code so no need to use other apps as helper
    sconix - Entered location via the "map" option (as opposed to MS/GPS "finding" it) and GPS trigger works MUCH better - thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I'm getting "Mode Switcher Notification" on my Pre. I have System Menu Mode Menu installed.

That still leaves me in dashboard mode.

Am I missing something?
    I haven't tried the System Menu Mode Menu yet and as I read this it seemed there is no point.

Is there a way to get rid of the dashboard icon on the Pixi? Even if it means to have the MS card open all the time. On the Pixi you can't effort precious display space permanently with the dashboard.

Thank you
    Last edited by wiwa; 09/02/2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: complimentary close
    Quote Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
    I haven't tried the System Menu Mode Menu yet and as I read this it seemed there is no point.

Is there a way to get rid of the dashboard icon on the Pixi? Even if it means to have the MS card open all the time. On the Pixi you can't effort precious display space permanently with the dashboard.
    Currently, there is no way to get rid of the dashboard on the Pixi/Pixi+.
    The System Menu Mode Menu patch is only for Pre/Pre+.

EDIT: See Sconix's post below. I was unaware at the time of the changes he speaks of.
    (Sounds good though!)
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 09/02/2010 at 04:30 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie