Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Thanks, I'll try the interval tip.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tspine View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I have a configuration with only one trigger - Wi-Fi connected to my home SSID. But it never triggers. Using Mode Switcher 1.0.7.
    After you set up your home wifi mode, try either shutting off your network or moving your phone far enough away so that it is not connected to your network. I was also having trouble with a wifi trigger connected to my home network SSID. I was away from the house and when I came back home the home network mode triggered. For my home network mode, I have left "automation" to "by trigger" so that I know the mode has started.
    If you're working on your wifi mode while you're connected to it, it may not trigger the mode until you actually connect/disconnect.

Workarounds:

- Quickly lock, then unlock triggers. All triggers will then be checked and your wifi mode should start.

- Add MS to your default mode: "After Start" - "Trigger Mode" - "All Normal Modes". Whenever default mode loads, it will check all mode triggers first before staying in default. If you're working on modifier modes, you an use that as well.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I'm having an issue with my touchstone mode. When on the touchstone I have screen off, wifi off, data off, and ringer set to 25%. My issue is when I remove it from the touchstone it switches to "Home" but instead says searching in the top left of bar and no settings change. After this attempting to change manually to another profile gives the same results. The only way I have found to get the settings to change back is a device restart, lune reboot has no effect. I have 4 different modes but touchstone is the only one that causes these results. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by tspine View Post
    I'll try to test this tonight by changing my home SSID name. I'm certain I'm entering it correctly (checked, double checked, triple checked). There are no unusual characters, but could it possibly be a string length issue? (My home SSID is eleven characters long.) I'll try a shorter SSID string tonight. Thanks.
    My SSID is BROADCAST2. My Pre shows that it is connected to BROADCAST2, but the "Connected To" trigger in MS does not seem to recognize it. If I switch the trigger to "Connected" then MS switches to the desired profile.

Strange, but true!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  6.    #326  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbuck387 View Post
    I'm having an issue with my touchstone mode. When on the touchstone I have screen off, wifi off, data off, and ringer set to 25%. My issue is when I remove it from the touchstone it switches to "Home" but instead says searching in the top left of bar and no settings change. After this attempting to change manually to another profile gives the same results. The only way I have found to get the settings to change back is a device restart, lune reboot has no effect. I have 4 different modes but touchstone is the only one that causes these results. Thanks for your help.
    Just use the problem report after the mode change fails. So I can get logs and see what is happening. For the searching staying it is bug in 1.4.1 version of mode menu patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7.    #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    My SSID is BROADCAST2. My Pre shows that it is connected to BROADCAST2, but the "Connected To" trigger in MS does not seem to recognize it. If I switch the trigger to "Connected" then MS switches to the desired profile.

Strange, but true!
    Can you please send problem report. So I could get a little bit of light into this problem. Right after you have connected to the wifi and mode has not changed, start MS and select problem report from the menu.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I have tried to make a modifier mode for sleep at night. When I enable airplane under setting it come on and then immediately turns off again. The trigger is 10pm to 6 am and the Touchstone is set to OFF - that dark room with no phone activity. It seems to work if I set the phone to go off but not the airplane mode. Any suggestions?
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenone View Post
    I have tried to make a modifier mode for sleep at night. When I enable airplane under setting it come on and then immediately turns off again. The trigger is 10pm to 6 am and the Touchstone is set to OFF - that dark room with no phone activity. It seems to work if I set the phone to go off but not the airplane mode. Any suggestions?
    I don't quite follow you. So is the problem that airplane mode is not set as it should when mode is active?
    Not sure if I'm the only one doing this. I installed Profiles (forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/256341-profiles.html), as one of the features I like with this app is the ability to swap icons on the dock/launcher at the bottom. I noticed I used different apps on the weekends. In order for this to occur the device has to reboot. I installed MS hoping the two apps would play nicely together thinking this would be great! One app that toggles my launcher bar (but requires a reboot) and a Mode Switcher for quick changes during the day!!

Problem, they don't seem to play nice together. MS keeps alerting me it needs to run for the first time each time I switch between Profiles.

Additionally, not sure if related, my Bluetooth stays in "starting" mode and never comes up. I had to uninstall MS to get my Bluetooth connection to my Motorola T505 to come up.

Thoughts on how to fix. I'd love to run both!

Thanks!
  11.    #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by aus2srq View Post
    Not sure if I'm the only one doing this. I installed Profiles (forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/256341-profiles.html), as one of the features I like with this app is the ability to swap icons on the dock/launcher at the bottom. I noticed I used different apps on the weekends. In order for this to occur the device has to reboot. I installed MS hoping the two apps would play nicely together thinking this would be great! One app that toggles my launcher bar (but requires a reboot) and a Mode Switcher for quick changes during the day!!

Problem, they don't seem to play nice together. MS keeps alerting me it needs to run for the first time each time I switch between Profiles.

Additionally, not sure if related, my Bluetooth stays in "starting" mode and never comes up. I had to uninstall MS to get my Bluetooth connection to my Motorola T505 to come up.

Thoughts on how to fix. I'd love to run both!

Thanks!
    The bluetooth problem is happening on some phones more often than on others. I am working a workaround that hopefully fixes the situation on all users. But its slow process since I am not seeing this problem on my phone very often so this is hard to test.

I don't know why profiles and MS would not play nice together, as far as I know they should. If MS is saying it needs to fetch default config then it means that it is not saving the configuration and that is problem with the system database. Not sure if luna restarting could cause this or the profiles app. At least I am not fond of the idea of luna restart for settings to take effect. I would gladly add QL changing support into MS, but not before it can be done without restart.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I want to make a profile that simply clocks down the CPU when I have the Phone app running. I tried setting up two triggers, one foreground and one background. Doesn't work though. Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericlf View Post
    After you set up your home wifi mode, try either shutting off your network or moving your phone far enough away so that it is not connected to your network. I was also having trouble with a wifi trigger connected to my home network SSID. I was away from the house and when I came back home the home network mode triggered. For my home network mode, I have left "automation" to "by trigger" so that I know the mode has started.
    Aha! This solves part of my problem and is exactly what is happening. If I toggle WiFi on and off, my mode gets triggered. OK, so now this makes some sense -- Mode Switcher is getting triggered by some sort of "on change" event.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    If you're working on your wifi mode while you're connected to it, it may not trigger the mode until you actually connect/disconnect.

Workarounds:

- Quickly lock, then unlock triggers. All triggers will then be checked and your wifi mode should start.

- Add MS to your default mode: "After Start" - "Trigger Mode" - "All Normal Modes". Whenever default mode loads, it will check all mode triggers first before staying in default. If you're working on modifier modes, you an use that as well.
    Workaround #1 works -- if I disable, and then enable mode triggers from the system menu mode menu, then my wifi mode starts right up.

Workaround #2 doesn't seem to work for me. And I was so hopeful!

What I am trying to get working is a scheme where I switch between two modes like this:

Home: trigger WiFi = home SSID
    Home Touchstone: trigger WiFi = home SSID, trigger Charger = Touchstone

My Home Touchstone mode gets triggered every time, no problem. But Home never gets triggered unless I stop and restart my WiFi. But wait, this gives me an idea to test. Suppose I define my modes like this:

Home: trigger WiFi = home SSID, trigger Charger = No Charger
    Home Touchstone: trigger WiFi = home SSID, trigger Charger = Touchstone

Be right back...

...And the answer is YES! That works! It switches seamlessly between the two, depending on whether or not my Pre is sitting on the Touchstone. Just what I wanted! Woo hoo!
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The only difference between connected and connected to is that it compares the given SSID with the connected SSID. It does it by converting both to lowercase so even the case should not matter. Of course the wireless AP has to report its SSID for this to work. So only way the connected working but connected to not is the that you have typed wrong ssid in the MS configuration. I am not sure if there cold be some special characters involved that causes the comparison to fail. You can always use the problem report and tell your SSID so I could test the same configuration and see if it fails for me too. Or just try changing your ssid in the AP for some simpler one. If you find that it works with some other ssid name then please let me know.
    My SSID does have an underscore "_" in it. Do you think that is the issue?
    Thanks for your quick replies!!

Night Mode: It is a modifier mode. Triggers: Time of Day - 10pm-6am Behaviour: Notify-disabled, On charger-turn off System setting: Airplane-enabled Automation: start-immediate, close-immediate.

The modifier mode comes on at the set time. The airplane mode comes on and turns off. The screen goes off as intended. But the airplane mode is off. I would like a quiet sleep so would rather have the airplane mode on so i do not get any call, messages...
  17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I want to make a profile that simply clocks down the CPU when I have the Phone app running. I tried setting up two triggers, one foreground and one background. Doesn't work though. Why not?
    I would advice otherwise. The phone app has some kind of special status in WebOS and some system request that MS uses fail at least while active phone call is on. So I am not sure if that is the case that even starting of the phone app is enough for some system calls to be blocked. But if you still want to try you don't need two triggers. If you set both it means that the mode is active in both cases when the app is on foregroun and when background so it never closes. You only need one app trigger and set it to foreground and add phone app. Since the option tells when the mode is active (in this case when the phone app is foreground). So the mode closes when phone app has been on background / closes for 15 seconds.
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    My SSID does have an underscore "_" in it. Do you think that is the issue?
    It should not, but without problem reports after failed start I can not tell anything.
  19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitenone View Post
    Thanks for your quick replies!!

Night Mode: It is a modifier mode. Triggers: Time of Day - 10pm-6am Behaviour: Notify-disabled, On charger-turn off System setting: Airplane-enabled Automation: start-immediate, close-immediate.

The modifier mode comes on at the set time. The airplane mode comes on and turns off. The screen goes off as intended. But the airplane mode is off. I would like a quiet sleep so would rather have the airplane mode on so i do not get any call, messages...
    I am not sure why the airplane mode sometimes fail on some phones. But you do not need airplane mode to get phone quiet. Just add calendar/email/messaging/sounds/ringer settings and mute them / set volume to minimum and you shall have a good night sleep. At least these work much better and don't have problems (at least not in my phone). This is better also in that sense that you have messages / phone call info etc. waiting for you when you wake up. If you still want to use airplane mode then 1.0.8 might help you, it has a bit more persistent system request applying that might make airplane mode setting to work bit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It should not, but without problem reports after failed start I can not tell anything.
    I'll get you a report when I get home and have the WIFI's. Thanks for your awesome app and quick responses.