Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Sorry if I am just missing this somewhere. I have the repeat notifications patch for SMS and missed calls, the main thing I am looking for is to be able to set a mode where I can turn off SMS repeats.

Not sure if this is possible since it is a setting that is created by a patch. It's not a big deal, but would be nice not to get the repeat in the middle of the night when if the wife is home I don't really care if someone is texting me in the middle of the night.
    I use MS to shut off my screen while on the Touchstone. If the screen goes dark during a phone call then I can not get it to come back on with out pulling the Pre off the TS.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I use MS to shut off my screen while on the Touchstone. If the screen goes dark during a phone call then I can not get it to come back on with out pulling the Pre off the TS.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
    At least I can see why this could happen, the phone call + couple other system tasks seems to take some kind of priority cutting of some system requests of other apps like MS. I really need to add a monitoring of phone call etc. status to MS so it wont take those badly, but I have let this wait until I have a bit more time since done poorly it will cause more trouble than it is worth. I will test your case and see if there is a quick workaround that I can add to next version if not it has to wait until I get to the proper fix.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    MS seems to be having trouble distinguishing Touchstone orentation. I have two modes set up - One for my vehicle with orientation "up"; the other for Touchstone at home with orientation "left". I'll put my phone upside down on the Touchstone and the "vehicle mode" will activate (when obviously no mode should activate). Put in on facing "left" and no mode will be activated ("home touchstone" should avtivate). Thanks
    Hey guys just stopping by and letting you know that with the 1.0.7 release, Mode Switcher has been running smooth. Thanks for your help and keep up the good work.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
  6.    #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlawrnce View Post
    MS seems to be having trouble distinguishing Touchstone orentation. I have two modes set up - One for my vehicle with orientation "up"; the other for Touchstone at home with orientation "left". I'll put my phone upside down on the Touchstone and the "vehicle mode" will activate (when obviously no mode should activate). Put in on facing "left" and no mode will be activated ("home touchstone" should avtivate). Thanks
    Its not MS, its the phone which gets confused Happens to my phone too sometimes. Shaking the phone usually "fixes" it and let the phone once again know which way it faces. Or it could partly be MS. Currently it waits 3 seconds when phone is put into the TS then asks the orientation through system request and does the comparison if any mode should be active. Which might be a bit too fast, but I would not like to delay the mode activation more than that. And at least for me it detect the orientation more than 90% of the cases and for those rare cases I just shake the phone a bit and turn it the correct way before placing it to the TS.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Thanks so much for the speedy reply! I will shake that little devil a bit when this happens. Donation on the way!!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    In the next release, can you add an option for the screen not to change when entering a mode?

I'm using Maps in the foreground as a trigger for the screen to stay on for 5 minutes, but I have to select what I want the brightness to be also. I would prefer not to.
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    In the next release, can you add an option for the screen not to change when entering a mode?

I'm using Maps in the foreground as a trigger for the screen to stay on for 5 minutes, but I have to select what I want the brightness to be also. I would prefer not to.
    You can set it to 'Do Not Set' in modifier modes and to "Default" in normal modes. So that it does not get set.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I'm getting "Mode Switcher Notification" on my Pre. I have System Menu Mode Menu installed.

That still leaves me in dashboard mode.

Am I missing something?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You can set it to 'Do Not Set' in modifier modes and to "Default" in normal modes. So that it does not get set.
    Oh I see... got it. What is the difference between the two configured modes?
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Oh I see... got it. What is the difference between the two configured modes?
    You mean between normal/modifier or between do not set/default? Manual should explain those differencies, but in short modifier modes do not set means it just does not alter that setting when mode is activated. And normal modes default means that the setting is taken from default mode and hence if you are changing from default mode to the mode with that setting there is no change since the setting is same in bot the old (default) and the new (activated) mode. So in this situation they both achieve the same result (the setting is not set). Basically if the setting group is not added to the mode it just means that all setting in that group are set to donotset/default.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    soo useful. i love it. my only wish is for the brightness setting to use (or be like) brightness unlinked. so you can have the keypad on but screen off. thanks for the great work and if that's not possible id still recommend this to all
    So I tried to setup a home profile triggered on being connected to my wi fi network. I'm connected, but it just stays on the default profile.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    So I tried to setup a home profile triggered on being connected to my wi fi network. I'm connected, but it just stays on the default profile.

Any ideas?
    I'm having the same problem. I have a configuration with only one trigger - Wi-Fi connected to my home SSID. But it never triggers. Using Mode Switcher 1.0.7.
    Quote Originally Posted by tspine View Post
    I'm having the same problem. I have a configuration with only one trigger - Wi-Fi connected to my home SSID. But it never triggers. Using Mode Switcher 1.0.7.
    I never could get the Connected To trigger to work. Ended up using the Connected trigger which is not as good, but workable.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Why doesn't this work?

Normal Profile "Wifi Sleep"
    Trigger: Screen Off(15sec), Wifi Disabled

Normal Profile "Wifi Disable on if Unused"
    Trigger: Screen On(60sec), Wifi Disabled

Either profile alone works just fine. But I cannot use both of these profiles at the same time in Mode Switcher - I have tried it for hours, and when I use both of the profiles, the Pre just stays in "Default Mode" no matter what the delay is or how many times I restart Mode Switcher.

Is MS unable to use two different profiles simultaneously that both read the screen status? But since Screen On and Screen Off are obviously different events, I thought it would be fine.

I can't figure out why the above won't work.

[For the curious: the goal of the Profiles above is so that when I unlock my Pre, it will open wifi for 45 seconds and do a quick check for any networks. If none are found, it will turn wifi back off.]
  18.    #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by tspine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I never could get the Connected To trigger to work. Ended up using the Connected trigger which is not as good, but workable.
    The only difference between connected and connected to is that it compares the given SSID with the connected SSID. It does it by converting both to lowercase so even the case should not matter. Of course the wireless AP has to report its SSID for this to work. So only way the connected working but connected to not is the that you have typed wrong ssid in the MS configuration. I am not sure if there cold be some special characters involved that causes the comparison to fail. You can always use the problem report and tell your SSID so I could test the same configuration and see if it fails for me too. Or just try changing your ssid in the AP for some simpler one. If you find that it works with some other ssid name then please let me know.
  19.    #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post
    Why doesn't this work?

Normal Profile "Wifi Sleep"
    Trigger: Screen Off(15sec), Wifi Disabled

Normal Profile "Wifi Disable on if Unused"
    Trigger: Screen On(60sec), Wifi Disabled

Either profile alone works just fine. But I cannot use both of these profiles at the same time in Mode Switcher - I have tried it for hours, and when I use both of the profiles, the Pre just stays in "Default Mode" no matter what the delay is or how many times I restart Mode Switcher.

Is MS unable to use two different profiles simultaneously that both read the screen status? But since Screen On and Screen Off are obviously different events, I thought it would be fine.

I can't figure out why the above won't work.

[For the curious: the goal of the Profiles above is so that when I unlock my Pre, it will open wifi for 45 seconds and do a quick check for any networks. If none are found, it will turn wifi back off.]
    This is because the delay times are not per mode actually. They are more like a global config for that trigger. So for both the delay is actually 60sec (since MS picks the largest delay for that situation from the configured ones). I know this is a bit confusing from configuration side and I am working on UI changes so that the option would somehow be global in the configuration too.

The reason why I am not (at least currently) allowing this kind of operation is that since there are no "locks" preventing starting mode close when mode starting is still ongoing. So short (15sec) configuration with this setup could cause problems or at least unwanted result. When I get to implementing this lock this kind of usage may come possible. For now you need to make it so that one mode activates with 5 min interval trigger so minimum time for mode to be active is 5min. Then let the mode close and turn of wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am not sure if there cold be some special characters involved that causes the comparison to fail. You can always use the problem report and tell your SSID so I could test the same configuration and see if it fails for me too. Or just try changing your ssid in the AP for some simpler one. If you find that it works with some other ssid name then please let me know.
    I'll try to test this tonight by changing my home SSID name. I'm certain I'm entering it correctly (checked, double checked, triple checked). There are no unusual characters, but could it possibly be a string length issue? (My home SSID is eleven characters long.) I'll try a shorter SSID string tonight. Thanks.