Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dowish View Post
    I have a question concerning the calendar triggers.

What I would like is to have a mode that changes the wallpaper based on if there is an event scheduled that day. Specifically, as a NFL fan, I'd like to have my wallpaper changed when Denver is playing that day.

I have their schedule as a calendar and have created a modifier mode that will change the wallpaper when a match happens (I haven't entered a search string though). What appears to happen is that the wallpaper only changes during the event.

So my question is, how do I have the wallpaper change for the day of the event, not just during the event?

Thanks for the help.
    probably the easiest way would be to creat an 'all day event' and have that be the trigger match. you could still create a scheduled time for the game itself. there may be others as well...
    Love the app, just donated to you @sconix and webOS-internals as well.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    need a little help here.

I set up a battery saving mode, and a battery percentage trigger. I tried to set the mode to kick in at 20%, but it doesnt seem to trigger. Ive tried changing my high and low limits along with swapping them, but maybe Im missing something simple. I dont have any blocking on any of my modes either.
    still having trouble with my drive mode - set 3 triggers to "all unique" and changed my app triggers to "on background"...the charger trigger is set to "wall charger" as "usb" did not work

now when i cancel drive mode i get prompted every minute by the popup to change mode to drive...even when i cancel...how do i get it to accept cancel and not bother me? for example i plug it into the charger but dont want it in drive mode...it keeps dinging me until i unplug
    Hi,

I have a "Music Mode" I use to play some music to fall asleep to.

It's a Modifier, Start Only Manually, Auto close is Immediate
    Trigger: All Unique, No blocking, Time Interval No Repeating and set for 2 hours
    Apps: Start Music Remix on Mode Start with no delay

The problem is the mode does not stop itself and close Music Remix after 2 hours. I've searched this thread but can't seem to find my problem/answer. I hope I didn't miss anything anyone has solved already.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borg92802@gmail.com View Post
    Hi,

I have a "Music Mode" I use to play some music to fall asleep to.

It's a Modifier, Start Only Manually, Auto close is Immediate
    Trigger: All Unique, No blocking, Time Interval No Repeating and set for 2 hours
    Apps: Start Music Remix on Mode Start with no delay

The problem is the mode does not stop itself and close Music Remix after 2 hours. I've searched this thread but can't seem to find my problem/answer. I hope I didn't miss anything anyone has solved already.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks...
    On the Apps screen did you set ON CLOSE to "Close Started"?
    Quote Originally Posted by McPostal View Post
    On the Apps screen did you set ON CLOSE to "Close Started"?
    yes, it's set to Closed Started
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    yes, it's set to Closed Started
    I tried creating the same mode with the Palm music app and 5 min. interval and the music app didn't close after 5 min. I guess I don't understand time interval no repeat setting.

Edit: Actually the mode didn't close after 5 min. If I manually close the mode, the music app closes.
    Quote Originally Posted by McPostal View Post
    I tried creating the same mode with the Palm music app and 5 min. interval and the music app didn't close after 5 min. I guess I don't understand time interval no repeat setting.

Edit: Actually the mode didn't close after 5 min. If I manually close the mode, the music app closes.
    I think it is supposed to close at the specified time interval automatically... Am I wrong?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Hey sconix... what are the chances for a wifi proximity trigger? Like, for networks that I can see but dont' necessarily connect to? It would help do location-based triggering since the GPS is so gimpy (for example, I would love to be able to switch to car mode automatically when I get near the garage a few blocks away).
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    probably the easiest way would be to creat an 'all day event' and have that be the trigger match. you could still create a scheduled time for the game itself. there may be others as well...
    I was kind of afraid of that. Since football games are usually on Sunday, I think I just use a day/time trigger.

Sconix, any chance a day of event trigger could be added as part of the calendar trigger? Thanks for all the work you have done on this and your other patches.
    KF7LPT
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by dowish View Post
    I was kind of afraid of that. Since football games are usually on Sunday, I think I just use a day/time trigger.

Sconix, any chance a day of event trigger could be added as part of the calendar trigger? Thanks for all the work you have done on this and your other patches.
    I'll add this option to 1.1.0.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    Hey sconix... what are the chances for a wifi proximity trigger? Like, for networks that I can see but dont' necessarily connect to? It would help do location-based triggering since the GPS is so gimpy (for example, I would love to be able to switch to car mode automatically when I get near the garage a few blocks away).
    You cannot do a trigger that triggers with proximity of Wifi networks. Since for that MS should constantly do wifi lookup and it would eat up the battery in now time.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14.    #294  
    I think it is supposed to close at the specified time interval automatically... Am I wrong?
    Currently the interval trigger only takes effect if the mode is triggered. If it is started manually then it has no effect. I will make the interval trigger a bit smarter for 1.1.0.
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    still having trouble with my drive mode - set 3 triggers to "all unique" and changed my app triggers to "on background"...the charger trigger is set to "wall charger" as "usb" did not work

now when i cancel drive mode i get prompted every minute by the popup to change mode to drive...even when i cancel...how do i get it to accept cancel and not bother me? for example i plug it into the charger but dont want it in drive mode...it keeps dinging me until i unplug
    Well either your charger is giving the signal that it is plugged again or you are changing the app to background which sends the trigger event and hence MS promts you for mode change. If it would stop prompting you on trigger events then it would not have no way of knowing when you want it to actually prompt again. So you need to add more triggers to specify the situation when you want it to activate or configure the already existing more better to suite the actual use case.
  16.    #296  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    need a little help here.

I set up a battery saving mode, and a battery percentage trigger. I tried to set the mode to kick in at 20%, but it doesnt seem to trigger. Ive tried changing my high and low limits along with swapping them, but maybe Im missing something simple. I dont have any blocking on any of my modes either.
    You can use the report problem right after a battery percentage changes to a level that should trigger the mode. Then I get the logs and your config and can see why. At least battery trigger should work as long as you don't have configuration error and WebOS is feeding the information to MS.
    I've got Network Time Zone off. If I move my clock forward one hour by changing my location, MS adjusts it's trigger times forward one hour too, which is wrong?
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I've got Network Time Zone off. If I move my clock forward one hour by changing my location, MS adjusts it's trigger times forward one hour too, which is wrong?
    Nothing is wrong. Times are usually stored independently of the timezone. So even the timezone changes the set times don't since they are not bind to timezone. WebOS adjust the times according to timezone to show the time.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You cannot do a trigger that triggers with proximity of Wifi networks. Since for that MS should constantly do wifi lookup and it would eat up the battery in now time.
    Blast! Sorry if you had already answered this and I forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Currently the interval trigger only takes effect if the mode is triggered. If it is started manually then it has no effect. I will make the interval trigger a bit smarter for 1.1.0.
    Thought I was doing something wrong.. Thank you so much...