Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    sconix maybe this is a bug I have the luna mode switcher patch installed but occasionally when I do a luna restart or reboot I get the mode switcher notification telling me to install the patch
    Note:

I have figured out a simple way to do a "Background Services" mode that starts certain applications, then closes all of them and closes the mode itself.

A few people have commented that they would use this sort of thing (like I do) to start and close things like YouView, Switcharoo, or other things that seem to need to be opened at least once to keep their background processes running.

Basically you need two modifier modes, let's call them "Background Services" and "Close BS":

Background Services:
    Applications (Do Nothing/Close All Apps) - Youview, Switcharoo, XYZ App #3, etc., Developer Mode (I chose dev mode app because the only time I ever open it is on a wiped phone that doesn't have MS on it).
    - Developer Mode app must be last in the list. You can even set it with a delay if you want, but it is not necessary.

Close BS:
    Applications (Do Nothing/Do Nothing) - Mode Switcher (Before Mode Start, Close Mode, Background Services), Mode Switcher (After Mode Start, Close Mode, "Close BS")
    Triggers - Application (On Foreground, Developer Mode, 15 seconds)

Those are the only settings those two modes need to have. When the mode starts, it immediately launches all of its apps, in order. Once Developer Mode opens at the end, the 2nd mode is opened, which shuts everything down. The whole process, using 2 apps plus dev mode, takes about 6-7 seconds to complete on my phone (F105).

To have it start every time the phone boots, you need to have Default Mode set to load apps on Startup, then add Mode Switcher to its launched apps with Before Mode Start: Start Mode: Background Services.

edit: included links to Google Docs that can be copied into your own Docs and imported into MS.
    Last edited by tobias funke; 08/29/2010 at 12:41 AM.
    I have been experiencing some problems where whenever I exit the mode switcher app even if I don't edit/change anything, my phone would always be "searching" for coverage even if I can see I have coverage with the signal bars. I have to do a luna restart to get the carrier name back.

sent a support email too.

thanks
  4.    #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    I'v actually just tested it a couple times by changing the trigger percent level and it still isn't working. I also tried rebooting, but still no change. Will be interested to see if tmr's update fixes the bug.

Chris
    Not sure how you tested but the current operation of the trigger requires the percent to be x9 x0 x1 for it to notice. So it wont notice with all leves and this is the thing to be fixed for 1.0.7.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5.    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix maybe this is a bug I have the luna mode switcher patch installed but occasionally when I do a luna restart or reboot I get the mode switcher notification telling me to install the patch
    Yes, known issue, but not sure how I will fix it since it seems that WebOS does not always tell MS that it is starting it boot. But will try to come up with something, for now luna start will restart MS to background.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I had a bluetooth setting by time of day and one day I was running late for work and talking via bluetooth and at the time it was supposed to turn off it turned off lol!
    For this kind of situation you could use the lock mode (disable triggers) from the menu. So if you happen to remember/know that mode change is coming but don't want it to change. Not sure if MS could know if there is actually a usage of the connection and then not to close it...I doubt it could.
  7.    #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Modifier modes can close "All Apps" but they cannot track the apps they start for closing later, correct.

That is why my Night mode is a Normal mode, because I want Timepiece to be closed when I take the phone off the touchstone. Otherwise I would make it a modifier.

But yes a "meeting" mode running on top of a "work" mode is an excellent example of how to use the different modes effectively.
    I hope this is not what the manual says, since modifier modes have the option to close started ones only
    I just started using MS. I'm not sure I have it fully setup the way I want, but basically it brings up the clock app when the phone is charging and closes then app when I remove power. So far that is all I want it to do but this looks to be an awesome app.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I hope this is not what the manual says, since modifier modes have the option to close started ones only
    Thanks for clarification.
    It does. I'm changing it now. My last understanding was that Modifier modes could not track apps, but I have been corrected.

This means I can change my Night mode!

edit: out of 11 modes only 2 are normal now (home/work), hehe
    Last edited by tobias funke; 08/29/2010 at 08:10 AM.
    2 Dumb Questions:

Is there any way to actually tell what what state you're in if you miss the dashboard notification?

Is there any way to override a mode if, say you set your phone to turn everything off at 11:00pm, but say it's New Year's Eve and you want to make a call?

--MGb

P.S. Stay tuned for a new thread
  12.    #272  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbmusic View Post
    2 Dumb Questions:

Is there any way to actually tell what what state you're in if you miss the dashboard notification?

Is there any way to override a mode if, say you set your phone to turn everything off at 11:00pm, but say it's New Year's Eve and you want to make a call?

--MGb

P.S. Stay tuned for a new thread
    Install mode menu patch, it shows you the current mode and lets you control modes manually. Also has means of disabling triggers temporaly so you can lock mode in special situations like you described.
    Install mode menu patch, it shows you the current mode and lets you control modes manually. Also has means of disabling triggers temporaly so you can lock mode in special situations like you described.
    Is this a 1.4.5 patch? I'm an ATT user, and therefore shunned. The only options I could find in preware are "System Menu Mode Menu" which indicates it's a place holder until ATT decides it loves us again.

Thanks for the ridiculously quick response and for the two patches (I recently discovere the today patch) I will install when I can!

--MGb
  14.    #274  
    Is this a 1.4.5 patch? I'm an ATT user, and therefore shunned. The only options I could find in preware are "System Menu Mode Menu" which indicates it's a place holder until ATT decides it loves us again.

Thanks for the ridiculously quick response and for the two patches (I recently discovere the today patch) I will install when I can!

--MGb
    Yes unfortunately only for 1.4.5 currently. I have been spending time to get all my stuff into shape that from 1.4.5 onwards I can support different versions more easily. If I get extra free time in my hands I will update the older versions, but it might happen that even ATT updates before I get to that.

--MGb
    Really? I'm still on Sprint webOS 1.4.1.1 and I have the mode menu (ver 1.4.1-31) patch and it works perfectly. Preware not showing this for you?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    ^wha? You must be talking about the Adv Conf Launcher? I have an older version of that too! Sconix has made so much progress on these patches that I DO want to update to webOS 1.4.5 but haven't found the time yet.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    duh! yes I was my apologies for posting off topic. I removed my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Really? I'm still on Sprint webOS 1.4.1.1 and I have the mode menu (ver 1.4.1-31) patch and it works perfectly. Preware not showing this for you?
    The message states:

"This package is not cyurrently available for WebOS 1.4.2. THe package may be installed as a placeholder to notify you when an update is available..."

--MGb
    ^oic. So AT&T is on 1.4.2 - forgot about that one. You definitely are left out for sure.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have a question concerning the calendar triggers.

What I would like is to have a mode that changes the wallpaper based on if there is an event scheduled that day. Specifically, as a NFL fan, I'd like to have my wallpaper changed when Denver is playing that day.

I have their schedule as a calendar and have created a modifier mode that will change the wallpaper when a match happens (I haven't entered a search string though). What appears to happen is that the wallpaper only changes during the event.

So my question is, how do I have the wallpaper change for the day of the event, not just during the event?

Thanks for the help.
    KF7LPT