Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    I apologize if I was not clear. Basically for instance I have an Early morning Mode then a Weekday mode. For two days in a row Early Morning mode closed and I noticd within 5 min of the switch that it was in Default Mode..

Hope that helps.
    When it happens use the report problem action right after so I can see why it does that.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Just wanted to see if there is a better way to do this:

When I have 25% or less of battery. My Normal mode turns off EV but leaves phone on. But I have an EV modifier that turns on Ev every 15 mins for 5 mins when the screen is off. this also opens the email app. my push accounts are set to as arrives and my pop to check 5 mins.

Is this best way to check the email in this low battery state? my only concern is that those pop accounts that check every 5 minutes, might miss the 5-minute window. any suggestions i'm missing?

THANKS!
    Last edited by RanGT; 08/27/2010 at 07:18 PM.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I recently installed MS but haven't used it yet. I started reading up and found out the benefits of System Mode Menu, but I get the dreaded IPKG log "Failed" message etc.

Attached are screen captures of the error message--sorry, but I don't know how to get the whole thing in one screen capture.

FWIW: I'm using a Sprint Pre with the latest OS, Uberkernel, & Govnah (but it doesn't matter if I have it at the default 500MHz or higher).

Please advise how to fix and install. Very much looking forward to trying this app!!

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Do you have any other patches that change the top bar? I had hunk fails once or twice and removed all my top bar patches rebooted and then added them all back and then added the system menu and mode menu patches then rebooted again. Most of the time it installed or updated fine. Not sure why it happened to not work those couple of times.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I love this application. I tried it some months ago when it was really beta... and now its superb. I had to doctor my phone to be able to install the launcher manu, but it was worth it...

I have just one question - recomendation... would it be possible to make a new trigger? the mode would be enabled when loosing phone signal.. So if you are in the subway or somewhere deep in the underground (some restaurants are)... This would be really great and useful (at least for me)...

I havent read all the pages.. so if it was already discussed, Im sorry to reasking...
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    I love this application. I tried it some months ago when it was really beta... and now its superb. I had to doctor my phone to be able to install the launcher manu, but it was worth it...

I have just one question - recomendation... would it be possible to make a new trigger? the mode would be enabled when loosing phone signal.. So if you are in the subway or somewhere deep in the underground (some restaurants are)... This would be really great and useful (at least for me)...

I havent read all the pages.. so if it was already discussed, Im sorry to reasking...
    Definitely on the TODO list, not sure if I have time to do it already for 1.1.0, lets see.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    one more... I have doctored and installed the topbar manu patch for the modswitch... but then I was not able to install the hide quick lanuch menu... and when installing the hide QLM Im not able to install the MS tobpar patch...

do you think there is any possibility you to look at this two? I really would like to use them both... With one of them my phone "desktop" looks great.. and the second adds really great usability to my phone.. but Im not able to chose which one to keep and which to let go...

thank you in advance
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    one more... I have doctored and installed the topbar manu patch for the modswitch... but then I was not able to install the hide quick lanuch menu... and when installing the hide QLM Im not able to install the MS tobpar patch...

do you think there is any possibility you to look at this two? I really would like to use them both... With one of them my phone "desktop" looks great.. and the second adds really great usability to my phone.. but Im not able to chose which one to keep and which to let go...

thank you in advance
    You really don't want to install hide QLM. Install my Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch that incorporates all the functionality (at least the version that I am releasing later today) of app launcher patches into configurable form. Like the hiding of QL is configurable from hidden/visible/hide in launcher. Todays version allows even to configure icon size in the launcher with the icon grid size. Also enables renaming / hiding / showing apps etc.
    you are right.. I did so even before reading your post.. and its GREAT... OK, its time to donate again...
    Is there a way to pick and choose which apps you want to close when a mode closes? For example, lets say I have a mode that opens several apps each morning. I want some to stay open all day, and others to close after a set period of time. Right now, the choices seem to be "close started," "close all" or "do nothing". What about a "close selected," sort of like you can select email alerts by account? Thanks.
  11.    #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by My3boys1217 View Post
    Is there a way to pick and choose which apps you want to close when a mode closes? For example, lets say I have a mode that opens several apps each morning. I want some to stay open all day, and others to close after a set period of time. Right now, the choices seem to be "close started," "close all" or "do nothing". What about a "close selected," sort of like you can select email alerts by account? Thanks.
    The problem is the WebOS app closing system. There is no way of close some specific instance of the app or keep track of them. Specially apps that can have multiple cards or are started into background. So thats why I have currently decided to keep the closing options to minimum. Maybe if I come up with a good way then I add per app closing configuration too.
    For the 7 months I've had my Pre Plus, I've noticed a quirk (bug?) in webOS: In Screen & Lock - Secure Unlock - Lock After: whenever I change it to 60 minutes, it always switches back to 30 minutes upon the next device luna reset / power cycle.

I have been using Mode Switcher for the past month or so through the various versions - love it!! Is there any way you can add Secure Unlock - Lock After to the list of settings Mode Switcher manages? Every morning when I leave my house, it's set to switch back to the default settings, which could include the 60 minute timeout I prefer.

TIA!!
    Dave
  13.    #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by perplex View Post
    For the 7 months I've had my Pre Plus, I've noticed a quirk (bug?) in webOS: In Screen & Lock - Secure Unlock - Lock After: whenever I change it to 60 minutes, it always switches back to 30 minutes upon the next device luna reset / power cycle.

I have been using Mode Switcher for the past month or so through the various versions - love it!! Is there any way you can add Secure Unlock - Lock After to the list of settings Mode Switcher manages? Every morning when I leave my house, it's set to switch back to the default settings, which could include the 60 minute timeout I prefer.

TIA!!
    Dave
    Yes this is coming in 1.1.0. No timetable yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Do you have any other patches that change the top bar? I had hunk fails once or twice and removed all my top bar patches rebooted and then added them all back and then added the system menu and mode menu patches then rebooted again. Most of the time it installed or updated fine. Not sure why it happened to not work those couple of times.
    Yup, that did it!

Thanks, StoneRyno!
    sconix

would it be possible to make a trigger that will turn off bluetooth and wifi if they are not connected to anything for a set time?

say I have bluetooth on but nothings connected them mode switcher will turn it off after 5 min of non connectivity.

Is this doable?
  16.    #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    sconix

would it be possible to make a trigger that will turn off bluetooth and wifi if they are not connected to anything for a set time?

say I have bluetooth on but nothings connected them mode switcher will turn it off after 5 min of non connectivity.

Is this doable?
    Basically yes. Make a mode that activates when those are not connected to anything and set the mode interval trigger to 5 min. Then set it to start the real mode that turns those off on mode close.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Basically yes. Make a mode that activates when those are not connected to anything and set the mode interval trigger to 5 min. Then set it to start the real mode that turns those off on mode close.
    Precentral needs a follow feature similiar to twitter so that I can see when you post. I have gotten some great tips from you today. I have been using ms to just cut off my bluetooth and wifi from 8-4 but really wish it was just when it wasn't in use like you described.
    lol

thank you. It's gonna take me a min. To figure that one out.
    I was wondering the same thing, but at least I am currently making an advanced system preferences patch that will add the inverted keyboard brightness thing and lots of other configurable things into preference applications (things that I think should have been there). Will submit it to the Preware once ready.
    sconix, would you be so kind as to also add the Fixed Keyboard Brightness patch as an option in addition to the inverted one? Personally, I prefer my keyboard to be bright at all times and would love to have this option "built in". If not, the FKB patch would probably conflict with yours.
    Just thought of something else if you setup the mode you described how can you make a mode that will turn it back on when one is available? Is that possible?