Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    Not sure how to send you my message log but when I rebooted my phone it came out of the boot with this on this screen.

Since then I still have not been able to open Mode Switcher. Let me know how to get my message log to you. PM if needed.
    More weirdness so MS starts only once? Just send the file into my email: scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by huffman01 View Post
    Sconix - I was just about to post a bug when i read this but you may have already addressed it please confirm.

I have noticed several time's over the last week or so that when changing modes occasionally it is not changing but defaulting back to the Default mode. It may possibly be happening while the devise is in sleep mode. Is this the charger/WiFi/etc. trigger delay fix? Or is this a complete different issue?

Also while I have you last week you mentioned that you would consider looking at the File Manager / internalz to see if you could incorporate photo file availability per mode. Just curious if you have decided if you will be able to do anything with that in the near future.

Really you are a Rock Star with this stuff and I am EXTREMLY appreciative of what you have already done just curious if we can expect it. Keep up the outstanding work I will be throwing you another donation next Friday on pay day!
    What do you mean modes are not switching? Some mode is not activating on trigger or what? Since default mode is set always when mode closes so the description is bit unclear. I need better description for the mode changing issue. For me modes are changing with 100% success rate so there should not be a problem. Only if you are on phone call when mode should change it will not (known issue will fix at some point).

The delay fix is only for the trigger delay not performing the mode close right after the delay if phone has time to go to sleep (with 60s delay mainly).

The filemanager thing is in the 1.1.0 release TODO list as seen in wiki...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    More weirdness so MS starts only once? Just send the file into my email: scorpio.iix at gmail.com
    Email sent along with other information about me getting it to work. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

Edit: OK one pf the patches broke it. Trying to figure out which one, I'll let you know which one when I figure it out.

Edit2: I belive it was the Launch on Luna restart.
    Last edited by Osiris_C3; 08/27/2010 at 01:58 PM.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    ...Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot...

Edit: I had your original testing feed updating everything, should I turn this off and uninstall and reinstall everything?
    Well one thing I noticed based on your screenshot is that the dashboard is running. In your earlier post you had said the Launch MS on Luna Boot was installed. Is that still the case?

When I've done an update to MS from Preware and forgot to do a Luna restart, even though I have the Launch MS on Luna boot patch installed, the dashboard comes up and MS seems to be unresponsive not work. Sometimes a Luna restart wouldn't clear it. Do a complete restart or battery pull. That cleared it for me. (This is just a dumb mistake on my part for not restarting luna after an update. not sure this applies to your case.)

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well one thing I noticed based on your screenshot is that the dashboard is running. In your earlier post you had said the Launch MS on Luna Boot was installed. Is that still the case?

When I've done an update to MS from Preware and forgot to do a Luna restart, even though I have the Launch MS on Luna boot patch installed, the dashboard comes up and MS seems to be unresponsive. Sometimes a Luna restart wouldn't clear it. Do a complete restart or battery pull. That cleared it for me.
    Before I did have the Launch on Luna reboot patch when I took that screenshot. Now I just took it off and it is starting again so I think there is something going on with that patch. While the dashboard is open I cannot open MS but if I dismiss the notification I can open MS again, which obviously opens the dashboard again. My system menu is still not opening when I swipe or tap the upper left corner though. Is there anything else you guys want me to try? I'm going to try and take of the system menu framework and patch and add the luna reboot patch to see if anything changes.
    Before I did have the Launch on Luna reboot patch when I took that screenshot. Now I just took it off and it is starting again so I think there is something going on with that patch. While the dashboard is open I cannot open MS but if I dismiss the notification I can open MS again, which obviously opens the dashboard again. My system menu is still not opening when I swipe or tap the upper left corner though. Is there anything else you guys want me to try? I'm going to try and take of the system menu framework and patch and add the luna reboot patch to see if anything changes.
    Yeah if you had the launch ms on luna boot patch installed the dashboard should not have been shown unless that screenshot was taken after an update/before a luna restart. ???

Since you didn't post any error message with the patch install which is how we normally determine what I am about to ask, but do you or have you ever had the Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot patch installed?

That causes issues with the launch MS on luna boot patch. When I first got into using MS, that was my first question to Sconix was about the error I was getting trying to install it, cause I was at the time using the BU on luna boot patch.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Yeah if you had the launch ms on luna boot patch installed the dashboard should not have been shown unless that screenshot was taken after an update/before a luna restart. ???

Since you didn't post any error message with the patch install which is how we normally determine what I am about to ask, but do you or have you ever had the Launch Brightness Unlinked on Luna Boot patch installed?

That causes issues with the launch MS on luna boot patch. When I first got into using MS, that was my first question to Sconix was about the error I was getting trying to install it, cause I was at the time using the BU on luna boot patch.
    I have in the past (re: Brightness unlinked) but I have DR'd about 2 or 3 times since then. I always restart luna when prompted except for when I going to add more patches, in the event of a MS update I restart Luna when prompted. If this is a rare thing and we can't figure out what happened I can DR again to see if that fixes things, but this time I wont restore with the saved package list.
    I have in the past (re: Brightness unlinked) but I have DR'd about 2 or 3 times since then. I always restart luna when prompted except for when I going to add more patches, in the event of a MS update I restart Luna when prompted. If this is a rare thing and we can't figure out what happened I can DR again to see if that fixes things, but this time I wont restore with the saved package list.
    Strange. Well I was just throwing the BU stuff out there. But if you DR'd, then there is something else going on. Hate to see you have to DR your phone again, but at the moment I can't think of anything else for you to try.

Strange. Well I was just throwing the BU stuff out there. But if you DR'd, then there is something else going on. Hate to see you have to DR your phone again, but at the moment I can't think of anything else for you to try.
    Its alright, the restore procces with saved package list didnt go as smooth as it usually does, I had some apps I was testing for people on the list and it tried to download and install those packages without having any ipk's there to install. Next time I will have to clean out my list.
  10.    #210  
    Its alright, the restore procces with saved package list didnt go as smooth as it usually does, I had some apps I was testing for people on the list and it tried to download and install those packages without having any ipk's there to install. Next time I will have to clean out my list.
    As I replied to you by email this bug is fixed in 1.0.7. After restoring the currentMode is not set and I did not take this into account correctly. Thats why MS did not start for you. So just telling this here too in case some one else is experiencing same problem after restore etc.
    Does the gps trigger only work when gps on or does it use cell towers (EV) and/or wifi location?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Ah, wow, I just discovered and installed the System Menu Mode Menu patch, and -- I know it sounds impossible, but -- MS is *even better* now.
    One thing I couldn't figure out how to do easily, was to just plain turn off whatever mode I was in.. But this menu makes it super easy. w00t!
    Here it is in the manual, for those of you who haven't seen it: 08b. Patches - Mode Switcher Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzwave View Post
    Ah, wow, I just discovered and installed the System Menu Mode Menu patch, and -- I know it sounds impossible, but -- MS is *even better* now.
    One thing I couldn't figure out how to do easily, was to just plain turn off whatever mode I was in.. But this menu makes it super easy. w00t!
    Here it is in the manual, for those of you who haven't seen it: 08b. Patches - Mode Switcher Manual
    For those needing installation help for the System Menu Mode Menu patch, check out the Mode Switcher Wiki for details.

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Does the gps trigger only work when gps on or does it use cell towers (EV) and/or wifi location?
    It uses the GPS radio in the device.

wanted to see what others thought of this, and the best way to implement if it is thought to be true.

the problem is that when changing modes that are set to 'close all apps' and i am on the phone, it hangs up the call when it also closes the phone app. this comes up when one has a battery level trigger, for instance, or when on the phone as leave home/work/etc and that mode closes.
    my initial thought is that the phone is the one app that MS should ignore and not close even if it is set to 'close all apps'.
    what does everyone else think?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    wanted to see what others thought of this, and the best way to implement if it is thought to be true.

the problem is that when changing modes that are set to 'close all apps' and i am on the phone, it hangs up the call when it also closes the phone app. this comes up when one has a battery level trigger, for instance, or when on the phone as leave home/work/etc and that mode closes.
    my initial thought is that the phone is the one app that MS should ignore and not close even if it is set to 'close all apps'.
    I agree- I don't think the phone should be considered an app.
    It uses the GPS radio in the device.
    Would be great if it could use the cell towers too.....
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    What do you mean modes are not switching? Some mode is not activating on trigger or what? Since default mode is set always when mode closes so the description is bit unclear. I need better description for the mode changing issue. For me modes are changing with 100% success rate so there should not be a problem. Only if you are on phone call when mode should change it will not (known issue will fix at some point).

The delay fix is only for the trigger delay not performing the mode close right after the delay if phone has time to go to sleep (with 60s delay mainly).

The filemanager thing is in the 1.1.0 release TODO list as seen in wiki...
    I apologize if I was not clear. Basically for instance I have an Early morning Mode then a Weekday mode. For two days in a row Early Morning mode closed and I noticd within 5 min of the switch that it was in Default Mode..

Hope that helps.
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by Speebs View Post
    I agree- I don't think the phone should be considered an app.
    Agreed. At very minimum, it should be configurable. Well, here's another idea - what if one of the parameters for Apps was to make it "stick" or "override" or something on close all apps? That'd fix the phone problem, while adding another dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones2268 View Post
    Would be great if it could use the cell towers too.....
    That's my #1 reason for not using geo-location with MS.
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post

I though that I had phone app on the list of not to be closed ever. Maybe I have a typo in id comparison. Will fix for 1.0.7.