Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    I have a few Aps (weather icon, agenda, youview, Facebook) that seem to have to be awakened after a reboot before they'll actually display notifications or current info. I have made a mode in Mode Switcher that launches those apps when Mode Switcher launches (which occures upon Luna start) but I want the apps to immediately close themselves once they've opened and I'm not sure how to accomplish that though the app since the mode doesn't have a stopping trigger. It would be great if I could just tell the mode to stop and close the apps 15 seconds after the mode starts but I can't figure that out.
    You can either set the mode close right after start, but as you want delay maybe not what you want. Or then add interval trigger with 5min. This is the shortest delay you can get currently for mode being on.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by My3boys1217 View Post
    Hi Sonix-

Although I have "thanked" you numerous times and donated once before, I just wanted to thank you again for this amazing app. I cannot begin to imagine the amount of time you have put into this.

My question- I have a "touchstone" mode that triggers timepiece to start and alters certain other settings. I also have a "driving" mode that alters other settings. I have a touchstone in my car. I don't want timepiece to start while in driving mode , but no matter how I set the blocking, timepiece starts whenever I place my pre on the touchstone. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but for the life of me, I can't get the driving mode to work without starting timepiece. What obvious thing am I missing? Thanks again for all your hard work.
    There is couple options. The blocking is meant for when the mode is active not for the activation process. Either set both modes as normal and to start with after timer. So you get a selection popup for the modes (the higher in the list is the default suggestion to be started). Or then do as I. Add orientation to the TS trigger. I alway place my phone to point left on my night stand and up / right in car. Or add a time triggers to the modes to limit when each other can be active.

So they need to be separated somehow with the triggers if you want only one to active at certain event. MS cannot guess what you want.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There is couple options. The blocking is meant for when the mode is active not for the activation process. Either set both modes as normal and to start with after timer. So you get a selection popup for the modes (the higher in the list is the default suggestion to be started). Or then do as I. Add orientation to the TS trigger. I alway place my phone to point left on my night stand and up / right in car. Or add a time triggers to the modes to limit when each other can be active.

So they need to be separated somehow with the triggers if you want only one to active at certain event. MS cannot guess what you want.
    I had thought of the time idea, but I like your orientation idea much better. Thanks for the help.
    I have had mode switcher for awhile now and love what it can do for me. However I Doctored the other day and now I'm not sure I have everything installed to make it work properly. When I touch the icon to launch MS it doesnt do anything. Also when I tap the top left corner to open the MS system menu nothing happens. I have Mode Switcher, System Menu Mode Menu, Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot and System Menu Initial Framework. Is there anything I need to change or something I am missing? Thanks.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    sconix, the user manual on website is update to 1.0.6, while the pdf version is still 0.9.35.
    Is it possible to update the PDF copy of the manual? It's an older version than the website version and the website doesn't work on my Pre.

I'm kinda waiting to ask questions since it seems like the manual is still in-progress.

Thanks!
    I haven't compiled the latest PDF version because I'm still trying to finish the final page of the manual. I could make a PDF of the manual minus that page, but it's an important part of the manual. I hope to have it finished by the afternoon at which point I'll replace the PDF document.

I will notify on twitter @modeswitcher when the manual and PDF is complete.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    First of all - GREAT APP!
    I have three basic modes - Car, Office, Home. Would like the work and home to be triggered by GPS and auto by Bluetooth connection. How do I "turn off" Auto (and its settings) when the Office or Home modes are started? Thanks to all!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Greetings. sconix! Love this app - I've missed a similar functionality from an old Motorola phone I had several years ago, and am glad you put this together.

If I may, there are two items that I cannot get to work:

o Under Settings (any Mode)>Calendar>Reminder=Ringtone, when I select a Ringtone, then exit back to the main menu, then go back to check the setting, the Ringtone setting has reverted back to Do Not Set. I have tried changing this setting in Default mode and Configured Modes, with the same results.

o Under Settings (any Mode)>Email>Alert (Per Account is displayed)>Set Per Account, if I try to change the Alert setting for an account (say, from Mute to Vibrate), then exit back to the Mode Settings menu, then go back to check the setting, the Alert setting for that account has reverted back to its previous setting. Default and Configured Modes do this.

My primary interest in this app was the ability to change Ringer settings for incoming calls based on whether or not my phone is plugged into the wall charger, which works perfectly, so these issues are secondary. I'm mainly passing these on as observations.

-j
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeebs98 View Post
    Greetings. sconix! Love this app - I've missed a similar functionality from an old Motorola phone I had several years ago, and am glad you put this together.

If I may, there are two items that I cannot get to work:

o Under Settings (any Mode)>Calendar>Reminder=Ringtone, when I select a Ringtone, then exit back to the main menu, then go back to check the setting, the Ringtone setting has reverted back to Do Not Set. I have tried changing this setting in Default mode and Configured Modes, with the same results.

o Under Settings (any Mode)>Email>Alert (Per Account is displayed)>Set Per Account, if I try to change the Alert setting for an account (say, from Mute to Vibrate), then exit back to the Mode Settings menu, then go back to check the setting, the Alert setting for that account has reverted back to its previous setting. Default and Configured Modes do this.

My primary interest in this app was the ability to change Ringer settings for incoming calls based on whether or not my phone is plugged into the wall charger, which works perfectly, so these issues are secondary. I'm mainly passing these on as observations.

-j
    The calendar ringtone I can confirm. There is small bug so will fix for next release. The alert of email I cannot. Are you sure that you press the done configuring button and don't use backswipe?
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    I have had mode switcher for awhile now and love what it can do for me. However I Doctored the other day and now I'm not sure I have everything installed to make it work properly. When I touch the icon to launch MS it doesnt do anything. Also when I tap the top left corner to open the MS system menu nothing happens. I have Mode Switcher, System Menu Mode Menu, Launch Mode Switcher on Luna Boot and System Menu Initial Framework. Is there anything I need to change or something I am missing? Thanks.
    All sound bit weird. It might be that there is some configuration left from MS setup since I think the settings might get saved to Palm Profile. Not sure. So if you could start your phone then try to start MS and open the menu and right after send me your messages log (/var/log/messages) for example getting it with internalz. Then I can see what kind of configuration there is left and why it prevents MS to start and can add code to handle this kind of situations.
    MS uses the system log so everything goes to /var/log/messages.

The notification is definitely something I will look into at some point so will put it on my long term TODO list. Thanks for the idea.
    Awesome. Thanks!
  13.    #193  
    Will release 1.0.7 on this weekend with following bug fixes. If others reported / confirmed before that then will add those too.

- Calendar ringtone setting not saving

- Fixed battery trigger for not noticing big changes in battery level

- Fixed charger/wifi/etc. triggers delay getting suspended on device sleep

- Modifier modes are now kept on at startup if they are valid and default mode settings has On Start set to Active Mode

- Removed some of the debug logging
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    The calendar ringtone I can confirm. There is small bug so will fix for next release. The alert of email I cannot. Are you sure that you press the done configuring button and don't use backswipe?
    Thanks for confirming the calendar ringtone bug. And, pressing the Done Configuring button took care of the Email Alert issue - I didn't see it down there... :/ -j
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSci625 View Post
    I'd like to make a request to add a "CPU core temperature" trigger so I can reduce CPU overclocking if the processor is getting too warm. $5 donation awaits...

Thanks for the hard work so far!!
    Uberkernal (and maybe Unixpsycho's experimental kernels, too) has this feature now. You can set it in Govnah.
    Will release 1.0.7 on this weekend with following bug fixes. If others reported / confirmed before that then will add those too.

- Calendar ringtone setting not saving

- Fixed battery trigger for not noticing big changes in battery level

- Fixed charger/wifi/etc. triggers delay getting suspended on device sleep

- Modifier modes are now kept on at startup if they are valid and default mode settings has On Start set to Active Mode

- Removed some of the debug logging
    Sconix - I was just about to post a bug when i read this but you may have already addressed it please confirm.

I have noticed several time's over the last week or so that when changing modes occasionally it is not changing but defaulting back to the Default mode. It may possibly be happening while the devise is in sleep mode. Is this the charger/WiFi/etc. trigger delay fix? Or is this a complete different issue?

Also while I have you last week you mentioned that you would consider looking at the File Manager / internalz to see if you could incorporate photo file availability per mode. Just curious if you have decided if you will be able to do anything with that in the near future.

Really you are a Rock Star with this stuff and I am EXTREMLY appreciative of what you have already done just curious if we can expect it. Keep up the outstanding work I will be throwing you another donation next Friday on pay day!
    My History of the last 10 years with Sprint! Palm Pre is by far the BEST!

Update: The manual (including the PDF version) has been updated to v1.0.6.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Hello again,
    Quick question. I have an "at work" mode that is triggered by the time of day, and changes screen and sound settings, starts the Tweed app, and disables Wi-Fi. However, it doesn't seem to be disabling Wi-Fi -- unless I manually start the mode via the launcher. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
    thanks!!!
    dave
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzwave View Post
    Hello again,
    Quick question. I have an "at work" mode that is triggered by the time of day, and changes screen and sound settings, starts the Tweed app, and disables Wi-Fi. However, it doesn't seem to be disabling Wi-Fi -- unless I manually start the mode via the launcher. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
    thanks!!!
    dave
    After this happens, you should run the Report Problem from the app menu. This will email the logs to Sconix and hopefully help diagnose your problem.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    All sound bit weird. It might be that there is some configuration left from MS setup since I think the settings might get saved to Palm Profile. Not sure. So if you could start your phone then try to start MS and open the menu and right after send me your messages log (/var/log/messages) for example getting it with internalz. Then I can see what kind of configuration there is left and why it prevents MS to start and can add code to handle this kind of situations.
    Not sure how to send you my message log but when I rebooted my phone it came out of the boot with this on this screen.

Since then I still have not been able to open Mode Switcher. Let me know how to get my message log to you. PM if needed.

Edit: I had your original testing feed updating everything, should I turn this off and uninstall and reinstall everything?
    Last edited by Osiris_C3; 08/27/2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added to original post
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.