webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Enlightened Linux Solutions > [Patch] Advanced Configuration for App Launcher (ACAL)
[Patch] Advanced Configuration for App Launcher (ACAL)

Old 06/04/2010, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Advanced Configuration for App Launcher

Wiki
Current version: 1.4.5-73
The Advanced Configuration for App Launcher (ACAL) patch combines many of the best and popular patches for customizing and using the App Launcher.

- International versions of the patch with translations are currently in the works.

Installation & Usage:
  • The Advanced Configurations Wiki contains full feature list with installation and usage instructions.
    - Release notes, known bugs, and possible upcoming features are also included.

Supporting development:
Developing Mode Switcher and patches for WebOS has taken a huge amount of my time to get to this point. And all my work is currently available for free so donations are highly appreciated. Please use the link below to support my work:

Last edited by sconix; 10/08/2010 at 11:08 AM.
sconix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2010, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

EDIT: there is a thread created by the dev, sconix, an updated list of features and functions can be found here: http://bit.ly/adBzcR

the great webOS Internals has also created a wiki page as well, click here to find their wiki info: http://bit.ly/djKIf5

This is a great patch that combines quite a few useful patches in one. Although it does conflict with other patches that do the same thing, combining them just seems like the best way to go. What I found that conflicts are the "Named Pages in Launcher", "Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Remix", Gesture Tap for Info & Delete", and the "Advanced Launcer Options". The last one is missed as I don't have anything patched that will allow for those functions (except for the dev mode).

Of course, as we all know, this patch has been updated quite a few times since this thread was started, so, this patch now conflicts with pretty much EVERY launcher patch and they will need to be removed before installing the ACAL patch..

Now, the function that I found extremely useful as there hadent been a patch for this function yet, and that would be the ability to move entire pages at once, reordering your pages.. Great function!!

you can add/delete pages, rename pages, reorder pages, reset page number or make certain page default, reset page position or make position stick, quick launch hide all the time or only in launcher, page wraps or not, and of course the orange + tap for info, move or delete.

one thing that I ran into just like before the last update of the "hide launch bar in launcher remix" was that if you are moving your icons around, and accidentally drop in your quick launch bar, you can just set the QL bar to always visible, take the icon out, and then set your QL status back to hide.

I have been trying to keep my patches consistent and try to stick with certain dev (webos internalz team), but this patch is really a must..

lemme know what you all think if the lastest launcher patch..

sorry for the confusion, but no, I'm not the dev. I wish I could develop these patches, but nope, not me, props to the dev for this one!! Sconix is the dev for this one, he made the luna launcher for the mode switcher, and I'm sure helpd create the mode switcher itself, that app is very sweet! I also was looking around and since sconix has worked on a lot of the same apps & patches as Jason Robitaille and Rod Whitby, maybe sconix is on the WebOS Internalz team too!!

Last edited by sjsharksfan; 10/10/2010 at 03:09 PM.
sjsharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2010, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Are you the author of the patch?
kkhanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2010, 04:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

I love it. The dev has really taken the time to make a great patch.
I installed it about an hour ago and just had to play with every setting and it is perfect.

Last edited by pip smith; 06/05/2010 at 05:23 PM.
pip smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2010, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am having the same conflict. Did you find out what the last conflicting patch is?
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2010, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

One question:
In addition to tap the app and option button is it possible to add: tap the app and gesture area as well to do the same stuff? or is that supported already? This way I dont have to slide my phone open to do anything.
Old 06/05/2010, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

@ cantaffordit ----

i believe it may be the wrap pages patch .that patch is included with this patch ,so you will have to get rid of it for sure
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: pczellner
Old 06/05/2010, 05:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
Are you the author of the patch?
sorry for the confusion, but no, I'm not the dev. I wish I could develop these patches, but nope, not me, props to the dev for this one!!
Old 06/05/2010, 05:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

I don't use wrap pages... Any other suspects?
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2010, 05:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

Anyone knows where the official thread for this patch is? It says sconix is the patch maintainer.
Old 06/05/2010, 05:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
I am having the same conflict. Did you find out what the last conflicting patch is?
I only have 4 patches that conflicted, I don't use the wrap page option, but you have to make sure you don't have any patches installed that have the same function, in addition, any advanced launcher or any kindof launcher patch will most likely conflict. I only have to change 4.
Old 06/05/2010, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
One question:
In addition to tap the app and option button is it possible to add: tap the app and gesture area as well to do the same stuff? or is that supported already? This way I dont have to slide my phone open to do anything.
I used that function too with the other patch made by WOSI, but I'm willing to pass on that one if I have to
Old 06/05/2010, 05:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Sconix I think author of this patch also made top bar system menus patch and mode switcher patch I think.
Old 06/05/2010, 05:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

thanks for the author
I have installed this great patch
i think it may need to uninstall some luncher patch first
i was un installed some patch hide quick lunch bar and lite lunch...
since i can all in one manage a luncher page (rename, lunch tab name , hide quick lunch bar etc..) clearly
ppcjacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2010, 07:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

you shouldn't get an error if you make sure to remove all of the patches that do the same function as any of the new patch's functions. Just read the patch description closely in preware, it looks like all the info you'd need is referenced.
Old 06/05/2010, 10:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

I can not figure out how to re-order pages? Can some one help me? I went into launcher .....app launcher.......Enter edit mode.... But it only gives me options to rename or jump to page or delete or add a page. It does not give me an option to move a page .i.e is re-order it. I wanted to move few pages, but dont want to do it app by app. I thought this patch would let me do it. Any idea how to?

Update: Figured out, by using the arrows in the edit mode menu. I wish it was easier like selecting w finger and moving it. But non the less, thank you.

Last edited by kkhanmd; 06/05/2010 at 11:10 PM.
Thanked By: jakelaw
Old 06/05/2010, 11:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
I used that function too with the other patch made by WOSI, but I'm willing to pass on that one if I have to
Gesture tap for info and delete is COMPATIBLE with this patch. Just installed it AFTER installing this patch and it is working great.
Old 06/06/2010, 08:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

i've removed all launcher patches, but i still can't get the advanced config launcher patch to install. i keep getting the error message: "2 out of 13 hunks failed." is there anything else i can do? i'd really like to have this useful patch!
Old 06/06/2010, 08:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

looks great. I don't want to lose advanced launcher options though. I might wait to see if it's made compatible somehow...
joedisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2010, 05:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

After deleting my old patches and installing this one, I found that my launcher is way faster. Great speed improvement. Thanks a lot.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0